Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recommended Posts

Posted
2 hours ago, Anastasia said:

fides' Jack

While I do not agree with you on every point of your post (for instance, I am not convinced that a good quality mask worn by an infected person does not prevent virus from spreading), I agree with you in general.

There is a lack of coherence in this story with a virus and it is very easy to see, as you pointed our re: protesting crowds and social distancing. It is well-known now that people who are infected can feel totally fine, asymptomatic so there is no way not to infect each other unless everyone is locked in a single cell permanently. 

The major cognitive dissonance I have though (as I wrote about that here and also on my website in the essay 'Streaming Christ')  is the fact that the churches agreed with their status of "non essential" and shut up or shut down wile the take away, retails and bottle shops were open. That fact passed almost unnoticed yet it was, essential, the Church saying "yes, we are non-essential and Christ is non-essential". For all my life (partly spent in the anti-Christian state) I have known that I always can receive communion, from a regular of a catacomb priest, no matter what was going on. Then I came to "a free Western country" and find that I cannot receive communion thanks to the sanitary restrictions and the cowardice of the Church. It is very ironical.

Indeed - that was one point I should have brought up but failed to do so.  Just another symptom of the larger problem.

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
On 8/11/2020 at 4:00 PM, fides' Jack said:

I can't speak for others, but here are my reasons for refusing to wear a face mask.

I believe they are actually evil (see the main reason below*).  I believe it is sinful to wear one, unless you are a medical professional and currently working in an environment that a medical mask would have been used normally, anyway, or if you are actively attending someone who is older and has other bad conditions.

At every single turn since the start of this thing, way back in January/February, the decisions made by the various state and local governments, which were based on advice from Anthony Fauci, have been wrong.  We know that now, because just about everything that Fauci has said has been wrong, since the very beginning.  It's not that more has been wrong than right, it's that almost every single thing has been wrong.

Close to the beginning, there were a number of people saying online, "this thing is about the same as the flu", and those people were immediately silenced as much as social media and mass media can do.  Well, it turns out they were right all along.  If you're under 70, the annual flu is more dangerous than COVID-19.  If you're over 70, COVID-19 is worse.

Health reasons aside (and we can debate the efficacy of masks if anyone really wants to), there are serious moral implications at play.  Did anyone else here find it odd that the mass media doesn't care if you social distance as long as you are rioting?  They commend the murder, rape, and destroying of hundreds of millions of dollars of property, while bashing anyone for being conservative.  The BLM movement is fundamentally tied to everything going on right now.

*To wear a mask right now is to submit to an ever-growing state that is actively seeking to promote sinfulness on every stage.  I believe wearing a face mask right now is a mark of submission to satan.  I don't think it is the mark of the beast, but I think it's a precursor to the mark of the beast.  Just remember this: Catholic Tradition has always maintained that the mark of the beast would be something that even the majority of faithful Catholics wouldn't understand at the time.  They would see it as necessary.  Nothing in history has ever fulfilled this description as much as the current obsession with face masks (otherwise known as muzzles).  

There are any one of a number of conditions that would have been enough to convince me to wear a mask.  If dissenters were not immediately silenced, for instance, or if it wasn't accompanied by an obviously evil movement like BLM, or if the mass media wasn't supporting BLM while pushing down conservatives, or if any manner of freedom of choice was present during all of this (such as churches not being shut down, or hydroxochloroquine not being pulled off of shelves for those who want the freedom to try it for themselves, or if religious exemptions were put in place for those who feel as I do).  If there were actually millions of people dying in the US, I'd be more supportive.  But from EVERY SINGLE ANGLE, it's becoming more and more clear that this is all based on lies and suppression of free choice and promotion of sin.

From a Catholic standpoint, the health of the soul trumps health of the body every time.  So even if it were a matter of health (which I don't believe), the other factors at play would outweigh those considerations.  I can't act in opposition to my conscience, and nobody can ask me to.  Not the pope, not my bishop or my pastor, and certainly not the government.

That's why I refuse to wear a face mask.

I want to disagree, but I do see your point of view.  I work for a supermarket and I have to wear one.  Believe me, they are a pain to wear.  Add the plexiglass, people sometimes can`t hear.  Is the mask really needed for everyone, then?  Yes, its helpful, but I sometimes, I need a breather then.

Posted

I want to add to my earlier statement by saying that those who refuse to wear masks can't go around pushing that on other people.  If I go into a business and they ask me to wear a mask, I reserve to myself the right to refuse the order.  However, they can ask me to leave, and that's their right.  That hasn't happened, yet, but if it does I will respect their request and leave.  I respect the rights of private businesses.

Also, now that they're pushing the Moderna vaccine, people should know what they're getting into.  This is an entirely new technology that hasn't been fully tested.  People should absolutely refuse this vaccine.  It's modified RNA technology, and works by indirectly manipulating a person's DNA.  It's the first of its kind.  That fact further demonstrates that this whole thing is leading to (or perhaps is in itself) the mark of the beast.  We are in the end times.  Thank God!  His Kingdom will be here very shortly!

Make use of the sacraments as much as you can right now.

Posted

I feel that the vaccine may or may not work right away.  I know that there are people that are working on it.  I heard that Russia has the vaccine, but I do not believe it does work, mainly because it came out to fast, and there are no facts about it.  But I may not get it when it first comes out.  

Posted
On 8/25/2020 at 12:58 AM, fides' Jack said:

Make use of the sacraments as much as you can right now.

Yes.

Posted (edited)
On 8/25/2020 at 6:10 PM, elizabeth09 said:

I feel that the vaccine may or may not work right away.  I know that there are people that are working on it.  I heard that Russia has the vaccine, but I do not believe it does work, mainly because it came out to fast, and there are no facts about it.  But I may not get it when it first comes out.  

I will not get it at any time.  The mark of the beast will be in the form of a vaccine, or somehow connected to one, and it's coming soon.  Hold fast to your faith, to traditional Church teaching, and trust in God, not medical science.

Edited by fides' Jack
Posted
On 7/30/2020 at 10:56 AM, Didacus said:

If the tenants of the Church was followed perfectly cpncerning sexuality, there would be no STDs in the world.

 

First of all I don’t know why they are LIVING at the Church.  I can’t even get in my church most days

Posted
14 hours ago, fides' Jack said:

I will not get it at any time.  The mark of the beast will be in the form of a vaccine, or somehow connected to one, and it's coming soon.  Hold fast to your faith, to traditional Church teaching, and trust in God, not medical science.

Thank you so much for the reminder.  I do need to hold to my Traditional Church.

Posted

Supposedly there's been 187,000 Covid deaths, but if you put it in perspective it's not as bad as the other known causes of death that occur every year. 

IMG-0917-2.jpg

 

  • 3 weeks later...
Posted
On 7/29/2020 at 12:55 PM, Anomaly said:

I’m clueless why age is relevant. Why?

Asking basic questions about the virus is a great way to weed out trolls and ignorami. If they hadn't been a troll, I might have learned something new :)

Hope you are well. 

 

And thank you to Mr. Aloysius for expounding on risk management better than I could have. Can I employ you to do all my posting?  :cheers2:

Posted

Good and old, thank you. 

Posted
10 hours ago, Anomaly said:

Good and old, thank you. 

Glad to hear it. None of us are getting any younger :rain:

Posted
2 hours ago, ardillacid said:

Glad to hear it. None of us are getting any younger :rain:

I am.

Posted
5 hours ago, dUSt said:

I am.

Me too. I bought a bike and re-discovered the forgotten joy of cycling on the dirt roads. 

I recommend it to anyone who suffers depression. Seriously. 

Posted
8 hours ago, Anastasia said:

Me too. I bought a bike and re-discovered the forgotten joy of cycling on the dirt roads. 

I recommend it to anyone who suffers depression. Seriously. 

I'd have to drive in a car to find a dirt road.

Posted
On 9/25/2020 at 11:37 AM, dUSt said:

I'd have to drive in a car to find a dirt road.

Every post I see of yours carries with it the voice of Bane from The Dark Knight Rises.

I suppose if you're going to wear a mask, that's how to do it.

Posted
On 9/29/2020 at 11:54 PM, fides' Jack said:

Every post I see of yours carries with it the voice of Bane from The Dark Knight Rises.

I suppose if you're going to wear a mask, that's how to do it.

Just think of how cool the world would be if everyone wore a mask like me. Mad Max.

 

Posted
On 9/25/2020 at 1:37 PM, dUSt said:

I'd have to drive in a car to find a dirt road.

I have to drive a dirt road to get home...

I'm pretty sure this Covid thing will start to disappear as of November 4th...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...