An Old School Catholic Message Board

Coronavirus

jsarroforum3

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/29/2020 at 12:55 PM, Anomaly said:

I’m clueless why age is relevant. Why?

Asking basic questions about the virus is a great way to weed out trolls and ignorami. If they hadn't been a troll, I might have learned something new :)

Hope you are well. 

And thank you to Mr. Aloysius for expounding on risk management better than I could have. Can I employ you to do all my posting?  :cheers2:

5 hours ago, dUSt said:

I am.

Me too. I bought a bike and re-discovered the forgotten joy of cycling on the dirt roads. 

I recommend it to anyone who suffers depression. Seriously. 

8 hours ago, Anastasia said:

Me too. I bought a bike and re-discovered the forgotten joy of cycling on the dirt roads. 

I recommend it to anyone who suffers depression. Seriously. 

I'd have to drive in a car to find a dirt road.

On 9/25/2020 at 11:37 AM, dUSt said:

Every post I see of yours carries with it the voice of Bane from The Dark Knight Rises.

I suppose if you're going to wear a mask, that's how to do it.

On 9/29/2020 at 11:54 PM, fides' Jack said:

Every post I see of yours carries with it the voice of Bane from The Dark Knight Rises.

I suppose if you're going to wear a mask, that's how to do it.

Just think of how cool the world would be if everyone wore a mask like me. Mad Max.

On 9/25/2020 at 1:37 PM, dUSt said:

I have to drive a dirt road to get home...

I'm pretty sure this Covid thing will start to disappear as of November 4th...

That is what my family and I are thinking as right now.  I just hoping and praying that the mask and the plexiglass will go away after that date.  I am getting tired of both anyway.  But it may not disappear fast enough for me.

I don’t get the big deal over masks.   Nor is plexiglass painful.   

I watched my mother in law wear masks for almost two years so others wouldn’t see the cancer wound that ate her face as she died of oral cancer.  

It’s stupefying that people get upset about wearing a mask when near others, but then again, way too many people won’t wash their hands after using the bathroom either.

2 hours ago, Anomaly said:

I don’t get the big deal over masks.   Nor is plexiglass painful.   

I watched my mother in law wear masks for almost two years so others wouldn’t see the cancer wound that ate her face as she died of oral cancer.  

It’s stupefying that people get upset about wearing a mask when near others, but then again, way too many people won’t wash their hands after using the bathroom either.

Masks are horrid to me. I have a 2nd job where I'm required to wear them nonstop. There is a lot of hustling, lifting, climbing and so on and I often end up gasping trying to get air thru the mask. I also have auditory dyslexia and for so many reasons the mask gets me in trouble with that. It is what it is however... before the pandemic I didn't commute on the trains without wearing a mask, and was given plenty of grief for doing so. But not only did I not get sick from my germ vectoring fellow passengers, I also had stock on hand when the virus 1st arrived. Jokes on you, suckers.

My mother is one of those who doesn't wash her hands after the bathroom. She was a nurse for 25 years ... then one night she watched a Dateline episode where they told her public bathroom faucets and sinks are so filthy it is counterproductive to wash hands in them (I'm sure what they actually said was something else but this was the message she received.)  It is disgusting but there is no reasoning with her... old age I guess. Dang dateline nbc!

Ash Wednesday

I'm the only one wearing a mask in our office. Less out of fear of the virus but more not wanting to deal with everyone's germs and not wanting to get sick, because my husband had an absolute panic when I got a cold in September and didn't like the fact that I had to come back into the office. He's mostly able to work from home, my boss has been much more stubborn about having us be in an office.