elizabeth09 Posted October 10, 2020 Posted October 10, 2020 That is what my family and I are thinking as right now. I just hoping and praying that the mask and the plexiglass will go away after that date. I am getting tired of both anyway. But it may not disappear fast enough for me.
Anomaly Posted October 10, 2020 Posted October 10, 2020 I don’t get the big deal over masks. Nor is plexiglass painful. I watched my mother in law wear masks for almost two years so others wouldn’t see the cancer wound that ate her face as she died of oral cancer. It’s stupefying that people get upset about wearing a mask when near others, but then again, way too many people won’t wash their hands after using the bathroom either.
homeschoolmom Posted October 10, 2020 Posted October 10, 2020 Hi. Just thought I'd pop in and see how the conversation is going here...
Lilllabettt Posted October 10, 2020 Posted October 10, 2020 2 hours ago, Anomaly said: I don’t get the big deal over masks. Nor is plexiglass painful. I watched my mother in law wear masks for almost two years so others wouldn’t see the cancer wound that ate her face as she died of oral cancer. It’s stupefying that people get upset about wearing a mask when near others, but then again, way too many people won’t wash their hands after using the bathroom either. Masks are horrid to me. I have a 2nd job where I'm required to wear them nonstop. There is a lot of hustling, lifting, climbing and so on and I often end up gasping trying to get air thru the mask. I also have auditory dyslexia and for so many reasons the mask gets me in trouble with that. It is what it is however... before the pandemic I didn't commute on the trains without wearing a mask, and was given plenty of grief for doing so. But not only did I not get sick from my germ vectoring fellow passengers, I also had stock on hand when the virus 1st arrived. Jokes on you, suckers. My mother is one of those who doesn't wash her hands after the bathroom. She was a nurse for 25 years ... then one night she watched a Dateline episode where they told her public bathroom faucets and sinks are so filthy it is counterproductive to wash hands in them (I'm sure what they actually said was something else but this was the message she received.) It is disgusting but there is no reasoning with her... old age I guess. Dang dateline nbc!
Ash Wednesday Posted October 12, 2020 Posted October 12, 2020 I'm the only one wearing a mask in our office. Less out of fear of the virus but more not wanting to deal with everyone's germs and not wanting to get sick, because my husband had an absolute panic when I got a cold in September and didn't like the fact that I had to come back into the office. He's mostly able to work from home, my boss has been much more stubborn about having us be in an office.
Anomaly Posted October 13, 2020 Posted October 13, 2020 I’m easily creeped out by people germs, so I’m loving being able to frequently sanitize my hands and wear a mask without too many glares. My company doesn’t believe in working from home, so there’s that. Plus, it’s construction. For some reason, half the people(male and female) seem to be undomesticated... Imagine a communal spoon for stirring coffee that is unwashed for days, weeks. Stirring in each other’s dirty cup they were drinking out of.
Jaime Posted October 13, 2020 Posted October 13, 2020 5 hours ago, Anomaly said: I’m easily creeped out by people germs, so I’m loving being able to frequently sanitize my hands and wear a mask without too many glares. My company doesn’t believe in working from home, so there’s that. Plus, it’s construction. For some reason, half the people(male and female) seem to be undomesticated... Imagine a communal spoon for stirring coffee that is unwashed for days, weeks. Stirring in each other’s dirty cup they were drinking out of. I usually lick the spoon when I'm done stirring
Anomaly Posted October 14, 2020 Posted October 14, 2020 2 hours ago, Jaime said: I usually lick the spoon when I'm done stirring That is the polite thing to do if you use powdered creamer. The next person can stir sugar in their black coffee.
Didacus Posted October 14, 2020 Posted October 14, 2020 All this Covid talk will fade away starting Nov.4th....
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now