An Old School Catholic Message Board

Hello friends

Nihil Obstat

Nihil Obstat

Thank you!

Oh, and I have recently decided to make a drastic career change by going back to school for a B.Ed. Starting classes this September, and I hope to be teaching in the local Catholic school board by fall 2023.

There is a small local Catholic university with an excellent reputation which offers a two year program for students who already have a bachelor's degree.

• 2 weeks later...
Nihil Obstat

The stability and security - once I get into the Calgary separate system - is definitely very appealing. And it provides a natural way forward in doing a master's later and getting into school admin or curriculum development as I gain experience.

• 1 year later...
Nihil Obstat

Well friends, it has been a time. This will, I suspect, be my last post in the forum. I am around on Reddit, Facebook, Discord, if we find ourselves back together again.

I am now a certificated teacher in Alberta, employed by my local Catholic school district. It turns out that, despite how difficult this job can be, I am very good at it. Our Lord blessed me with just enough wisdom to find my calling here, and I am honoured to be one infinitesimally small part of His plan. I am blessed every day to work with diverse and beautiful groups of children - many refugees, children with trauma and disabilities, difficult family situations, as well as many privileged kids who, as much as anyone else, always need a strong figure in their lives to model faith, hope, and charity, critical thinking, resilience.

Katy (Moosey) and I have a daughter and a son, with one more little one on the way this fall/winter. Life is very good, and the Blessed Mother seems to be holding us close.

I joined the forum fifteen years ago in June. I have found family and good friends here. @dUSt - thank you for the countless hours you spent providing this platform.

Fac me tecum pie flere,
crucifíxo condolére,
donec ego víxero.

Mater Dolorosa, ora pro nobis.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/29/2023 at 9:34 PM, Nihil Obstat said:

Well friends, it has been a time. This will, I suspect, be my last post in the forum. I am around on Reddit, Facebook, Discord, if we find ourselves back together again.

I am now a certificated teacher in Alberta, employed by my local Catholic school district. It turns out that, despite how difficult this job can be, I am very good at it. Our Lord blessed me with just enough wisdom to find my calling here, and I am honoured to be one infinitesimally small part of His plan. I am blessed every day to work with diverse and beautiful groups of children - many refugees, children with trauma and disabilities, difficult family situations, as well as many privileged kids who, as much as anyone else, always need a strong figure in their lives to model faith, hope, and charity, critical thinking, resilience.

Katy (Moosey) and I have a daughter and a son, with one more little one on the way this fall/winter. Life is very good, and the Blessed Mother seems to be holding us close.

I joined the forum fifteen years ago in June. I have found family and good friends here. @dUSt - thank you for the countless hours you spent providing this platform.

Fac me tecum pie flere,
crucifíxo condolére,
donec ego víxero.

Mater Dolorosa, ora pro nobis.

Pretty amesome.

BarbTherese
3 hours ago, Nihil Obstat said:

I guess I will stick around, given your announcement. :) Until the end!

:dance:

BarbTherese
On 7/26/2020 at 9:48 AM, Ash Wednesday said:

I've been hanging around here a little more lately after being a bum on long hiatus. I wish I had better health, but 2020 has actually been good to me otherwise in that I've been able to work from home. 

Hi Ash

I wondered where you were and suspected bad health.  I do hope things are on the improve for you.  Other than that, really good to see you on the Board again.

Regards........Barb

@dUSt, could we have the  kudos system back please, dUSt?