An Old School Catholic Message Board

Liberal Catholic Conspiracy Theory

Sinner

Do you believe there is a concerted effort to "liberalize" the Roman Catholic Church?  

59 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

catholicguy

That's what I figured. I am honored that I have the privilege of serving Mass everyday. It is the holiest thing that anyone can do other than receiving Communion. This is something that is often ignored and never cherished (but I am able to serve a Traditional Latin Mass everyday, so that is a little different than what most people are used to, I suppose).

Edited by catholicguy

• 1 year later...

Whoa! Who bumped up this old chestnut?
So many names I haven't seen in a while.

"Catholicguy's" screen name reminds me of "Family Guy" for some reason . . .
"Lucky there's a Catholic Guy! . . . "

• 3 weeks later...
Servant_of_Eve

I am from maine and I don't like to use the term liberal as much as I like to use the word Unorthodox. It is extremely prevalent in my area of the country and it frustrates the heck out of me. I tend to find small pockets around the state, thanks be to God, that love the magesterium of the church. Our pastor is very unorthodox so our liturgy is insulting to Our Lord, it is more of a rock concert than a Catholic Mass, One of our churches doesn't even have a Crucifix. I am an adult who helps out with youth ministry and last week someone got a sister to come talk to us about the Eucharist. I thought it was going to be wonderful but it ended up being a heretical mess and by the end of it Jesus communicated himself through the Eucharist instead of Jesus being truly present in the Eucharist. It is as if authentic catholic doctrine doesn't matter anymore and it is all about how WE should run GOD'S church.

Desert Walker

The only bon-fide conspiracies to overthrow what is good are directed by demons........

We are far too scattered and imperfect to conduct a conspiracy perfectly. SO all efforts to undo God's work are ultimately directed by Satan. If error seems chaotic it is only because it is mystically endorsed by the Lord of Chaos.

Desert Walker

[quote name='Servant_of_Eve' date='Jan 31 2006, 09:29 AM']I am from maine and I don't like to use the term liberal as much as I like to use the word Unorthodox.  It is extremely prevalent in my area of the country and it frustrates the heck out of me.  I tend to find small pockets around the state, thanks be to God, that love the magesterium of the church.  Our pastor is very unorthodox so our liturgy is insulting to Our Lord, it is more of a rock concert than a Catholic Mass, One of our churches doesn't even have a Crucifix.  I am an adult who helps out with youth ministry and last week someone got a sister to come talk to us about the Eucharist.  I thought it was going to be wonderful but it ended up being a heretical mess and by the end of it Jesus communicated himself through the Eucharist instead of Jesus being truly present in the Eucharist.  It is as if authentic catholic doctrine doesn't matter anymore and it is all about how WE should run GOD'S church.
[right][snapback]870948[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Yes, that is a perfect description of Liberal Catholicism :sadder: