homeschoolmom Posted July 7, 2004 Posted July 7, 2004 ditto... If you walk through Toys R Us, you will feel transported back in time!! Worst 80s toy? slime... hands down the worst...
Theologian in Training Posted July 7, 2004 Posted July 7, 2004 [quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Jul 7 2004, 06:03 PM'] ditto... If you walk through Toys R Us, you will feel transported back in time!! Worst 80s toy? slime... hands down the worst... [/quote] Wow! I remember that. I also remember making it with some mad scientist lab kit.
cmotherofpirl Posted July 7, 2004 Posted July 7, 2004 Noooooooo I thought somebody assimilated you! :squash:
Pope St Clement 1 Posted July 8, 2004 Author Posted July 8, 2004 [quote name='+GOD_iS_mOvInG' date='+Jul 7 2004, 11:37 AM'] wow, its soo awsome to see so many generations at this board! [/quote] How many generations older are you saying we are? [quote]Im 15, but Im here cause Im kinda interested into what the older days were like...when disco was in, and all that...any1 that old? [/quote] Stick around, we'll teach you all about the olden days (man, I remember using that phrase with my parents - "Tell us about the olden days, Mum - you know, when you were a kid") It is great reading all the replies.
Pope St Clement 1 Posted July 8, 2004 Author Posted July 8, 2004 [quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Jul 7 2004, 09:09 AM'] No, but I saw TESB and RotJ... and I didn't understand a thing!!! I didn't like the creepy ewoks, either... EVENTUALLY, we rented them all (a couple of years ago)... and now it all makes sense... sorta... [/quote] I thought the ewoks were gorgeous but then again I was an older teenager when I got to watch Star Wars (on video - didn't get to go and see it on the screen ). There was also a movie of the Ewoks. Anyone remember its' name.
Pope St Clement 1 Posted July 8, 2004 Author Posted July 8, 2004 [quote name='+GOD_iS_mOvInG' date='+Jul 7 2004, 11:37 AM'] this is a very lazy generation...remote control(I didnt know it had a cord b4!), internet, chatroom, nintendo games..etc.. pretty sad, if you ask me.. [/quote] Lazy ? - we-eell, maybe. But they used to say that about us.
thicke Posted July 8, 2004 Posted July 8, 2004 [quote name='Theologian in Training' date='Jul 7 2004, 03:23 PM']I grew up with He-Man, Thundercats, Transformers, G.I. Joe, Heathcliff, and The Snorks....[/quote] I thought for sure voici was going to ask, "What kind of music did they play?" :crackup:
St. Catherine Posted July 8, 2004 Posted July 8, 2004 I always thought the ewoks were cute. I love the Star Wars Trilogy. I'm not too fond of the new ones.
StColette Posted July 8, 2004 Posted July 8, 2004 Moosey mentioned shrinky dinks, in the Girls Picture thread lol I know what they are. lol anyone else remember them ?
homeschoolmom Posted July 8, 2004 Posted July 8, 2004 Remember them? I have a box in my art cupboard... my kids love them.
Pope St Clement 1 Posted July 8, 2004 Author Posted July 8, 2004 [quote name='St. Catherine' date='Jul 7 2004, 11:15 PM'] I always thought the ewoks were cute. I love the Star Wars Trilogy. I'm not too fond of the new ones. [/quote] Do you remember the name of the movie that was specifically about them? It wasn't part of the trilogy. It was so sad when the one (mace?) with the hammer (?) died and on his deathbed he was trying to give to the human boy.
homeschoolmom Posted July 8, 2004 Posted July 8, 2004 [quote name='Pope St Clement 1' date='Jul 7 2004, 11:42 PM'] Do you remember the name of the movie that was specifically about them? It wasn't part of the trilogy. It was so sad when the one (mace?) with the hammer (?) died and on his deathbed he was trying to give to the human boy. [/quote] "The Ewok Movie"?
homeschoolmom Posted July 8, 2004 Posted July 8, 2004 Anyone remember which two movies prompted the creation of the PG-13 rating in the summer of '84? These movies didn't get that rating, but they should have....
Piccoli Fiori JMJ Posted July 8, 2004 Posted July 8, 2004 Well, 18 isn't that old, but I remember watching Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles every Sat. morning while getting ready for ballet. I was scared of ET as a kid and There are so many shows that were on that I can remember and my friends and I reminise and try to remember the names of them all. A lot of them were Nickelodeon shows... I remember 80's fashions, and I HATE them! to this day! I listen to a lot of old 60's 70's music though... I remember my dad's first Macintosh Computer... it was a heavy brick of slow black and whiteness! It was pretty big, but it was rather compact! It's down in our basement right now... wow, rambling doesn't get me anywhere.... God Bless and Mary Protect... Yours in the Most Sacred Hearts of Jesus and Mary, FutureNunJMJ +
thicke Posted July 8, 2004 Posted July 8, 2004 [quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Jul 8 2004, 12:14 AM'] Anyone remember which two movies prompted the creation of the PG-13 rating in the summer of '84? These movies didn't get that rating, but they should have.... [/quote] Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom prompted it. Red Dawn was the first movie to hit the theaters with it. The Flamingo Kid was the first movie to actually get it.
Pope St Clement 1 Posted July 8, 2004 Author Posted July 8, 2004 [quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Jul 8 2004, 12:13 AM'] "The Ewok Movie"? [/quote] I cheated and checked up the internet - it was "Ewok Adventure", the ewok was chukha trok and it was an axe.
Sojourner Posted July 8, 2004 Posted July 8, 2004 [quote name='Theologian in Training' date='Jul 7 2004, 03:23 PM'] I grew up with He-Man, Thundercats, Transformers, G.I. Joe, Heathcliff, and The Snorks.... [/quote] I grew up with all those too ... and let's not forget the Superfriends (Wonder Twins, activate!), and the Smurfs. I also watched Care Bears and My Little Pony, but I'm guessing those weren't part of your regular viewing as a kid, Theo.
St. Catherine Posted July 8, 2004 Posted July 8, 2004 Anyone remember the Get-A-Long Gang. I think that is what is was called???
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now