Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Phatmass Oldies


Recommended Posts

Pope St Clement 1
Posted

[quote name='Sojourner' date='Jul 8 2004, 08:41 AM'] I grew up with all those too ... and let's not forget the Superfriends (Wonder Twins, activate!), and the Smurfs.

I also watched Care Bears and My Little Pony, but I'm guessing those weren't part of your regular viewing as a kid, Theo. [/quote]
Man, I loved the smurfs (as an older teenager too!) - old Poppa Smurf, smurfette, Brainy smurf etc !!!

Remember the evil guy and his cat - now what were their names?

homeschoolmom
Posted

Gargamel and....

homeschoolmom
Posted

[quote name='Sojourner' date='Jul 8 2004, 08:41 AM'] I also watched Care Bears and My Little Pony [/quote]
My daughter has a Care Bear and about seven My Little Ponies...

Pope St Clement 1
Posted

Gargamel - Thanks, hsmom

homeschoolmom
Posted

-_- you're welcome...

Posted

I don't remember the cat's name, but yeah, the bad guy was Gargamel.

We used to play Smurf Tag in my neighborhood. One of us would be Gargamel, and the rest were Smurfs. I was always Smurfette (except when I was Gargamel).

1337 k4th0l1x0r
Posted

I believe the cat's name was Azriel.

Posted (edited)

Yeah, it was Azriel. XD lol Mama and I loved watching the Smurfs. I miss those old shows. I always watched the Smurfs, the Snorks, My Little Pony -- even Care Bears. Mama always thought they were so icky. They were but one is easily ammused more as a child. :3 Who remembers Jem? "She's truly outrageous!" I loved that show. XD

Edited by Maddalena
Theologian in Training
Posted

[quote name='Sojourner' date='Jul 8 2004, 10:41 AM'] I grew up with all those too ... and let's not forget the Superfriends (Wonder Twins, activate!), and the Smurfs.

I also watched Care Bears and My Little Pony, but I'm guessing those weren't part of your regular viewing as a kid, Theo. [/quote]
Out of that list, only Smurfs was another regular....although I think I may have seen the "Care Bears" movie...

What is really strange is while watching Vh1's "I Love The 80's" it brought me back to my childhood, especially when they talked about non-animated shows like Punky Brewster and Webster as well as certain music...remember D.J. Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince before he became "Will Smith?" Or, I was watching some show and a commercial advertised for "Fly Jams," I remember growing up with a lot of that music. It is strange to see anew what you watched when you were so young....wow, I feel old....I guess that explains the balding ;)

God Bless

Posted

[quote name='Maddalena' date='Jul 8 2004, 12:23 PM'] Who remembers Jem? "She's truly outrageous!" I loved that show. XD [/quote]
Dude, I LOVED that show!! I'm going to have that song stuck in my head now. :wacko:

[quote]What is really strange is while watching Vh1's "I Love The 80's" it brought me back to my childhood, especially when they talked about non-animated shows like Punky Brewster and Webster as well as certain music...remember D.J. Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince before he became "Will Smith?" Or, I was watching some show and a commercial advertised for "Fly Jams," I remember growing up with a lot of that music. It is strange to see anew what you watched when you were so young....wow, I feel old....I guess that explains the balding[/quote]

I remember all those shows ... and "Saved by the Bell".

The funny thing is, none of these shows were on the "allowed to watch list" -- my sibs and I all snuck them in when Mom and Dad were gone or sleeping in on Sat. morning ... :rolleyes:

socalscout
Posted (edited)

I'm 36 here in Southern California

Here we go;

Schoolhouse Rock
Land of the Lost (Pre Chaka)
Isis and Shazzam
Willy Wonka and the Chocolate factory
Super Friends before those stupid Wonder Twins(They weren't that stupid)
Wheely and the Chopper Bunch
Rotary Phones
45 and 78 vinyl records
ON TV
Intellivision
Atari
Space Invaders
Asteroids
Star Castle
Dungeons and Dragons
Zody's
Woolworths
The May Company
The Boston store
Miller's Outpost
Toughskins
Buster Browns
Ocean Pacific(OP)
Vans
Hang Ten
Pipeline
Morey Boogie boards
Senor Lopez
Izod
Polo
Parachute pants
Crop haircuts
Rolling up the cuffs on our baggy pants
Topsiders
Happy Days
Laverne and Shirley
Threes Company
The Cosby Show
The A Team
Devo
The Vapors
Ozzy Osborne
Iron Maiden
Judas Priest
Depeche Mode
Thompson Twins(I hated them and "Wham")
Michael Jackson Thriller
Fast times at Ridgemont High
16 Candles
The Breakfast Club
Red Dawn
Ghostbusters
Space Shuttle Challenger
Grenada
Ronald Reagon
$.75 [i]REGULAR LEADED[/i] gas
$.99 Premium unleaded
Spring Break Palm Springs
Hagen Das Ice Cream stores

I'm sure I can think of more but this should do.

Edited by socalscout
homeschoolmom
Posted

^ have you been peeking in my closet?

Posted (edited)

[quote name='Sojourner' date='Jul 8 2004, 03:08 PM'] Dude, I LOVED that show!! I'm going to have that song stuck in my head now.  :wacko:
: [/quote]
XD Someone remembers Jem! Of course, I watched reruns because I was born in '87 but I still remember some episodes and songs.

Edited by Maddalena
Kilroy the Ninja
Posted

[quote name='socalscout' date='Jul 8 2004, 03:15 PM'] I'm 36 here in Southern California

Here we go;

Schoolhouse Rock
Land of the Lost (Pre Chaka)
Isis and Shazzam
Willy Wonka and the Chocolate factory
Super Friends before those stupid Wonder Twins(They weren't that stupid)
Wheely and the Chopper Bunch
Rotary Phones
45 and 78 vinyl records
ON TV
Intellivision
Atari
Space Invaders
Asteroids
Star Castle
Dungeons and Dragons
Zody's
Woolworths
The May Company
The Boston store
Miller's Outpost
Toughskins
Buster Browns
Ocean Pacific(OP)
Vans
Hang Ten
Pipeline
Morey Boogie boards
Senor Lopez
Izod
Polo
Parachute pants
Crop haircuts
Rolling up the cuffs on our baggy pants
Topsiders
Happy Days
Laverne and Shirley
Threes Company
The Cosby Show
The A Team
Devo
The Vapors
Ozzy Osborne
Iron Maiden
Judas Priest
Depeche Mode
Thompson Twins(I hated them and "Wham")
Michael Jackson Thriller
Fast times at Ridgemont High
16 Candles
The Breakfast Club
Red Dawn
Ghostbusters
Space Shuttle Challenger
Grenada
Ronald Reagon
$.75 [i]REGULAR LEADED[/i] gas
$.99 Premium unleaded
Spring Break Palm Springs
Hagen Das Ice Cream stores

I'm sure I can think of more but this should do. [/quote]
you're one of my heroes.


Pre-Chaka. Yeah. I remember that too..... Miller's Outpost too.



You know, a funny thing happened the other day... I bought my 1 & 1/2 year old his first OP shirt and shorts. I was so proud. :wub:

Posted

What about Fraggle Rock? Do any of y'all remember Fraggle? "Let the Fraggles play. *clap calp* Worries for another day!"

Posted

I am so old I can remember a cartoon "Felix the Cat" in Australia, "The Micky Mouse Club", "Rocky and Bullwinkle", a cartoon, something called the "6 O'Clock Rock",a rock & roll show and a show from the sixties "The Thunderbirds"

homeschoolmom
Posted

[quote name='cappie' date='Jul 8 2004, 05:35 PM'] I am so old I can remember a cartoon "Felix the Cat" in Australia [/quote]
Isn't Felix the Cat from the silent movie era? Just how old are you, Cappie??? :blink:

homeschoolmom
Posted

Marshall, Will and Holly, on a routine expedition met the greaaaaaatest earthquake ever known... High on the rapids, it struck their tiny raft (Aaaaaaaaaaahhhh) and plunged them down a thousand feet below... to the Laaaand of the Lost... to the Land of the LOST!!!

(don't hate me... :whistle:)

Posted

I felt soooo old the other day when I had to explain to my little cousin who and what Popples were lol

Mickey's_Girl
Posted

[quote name='Ash Wednesday' date='Jul 7 2004, 12:22 AM'] If you aren't old enough to remember "nanoo nanoo" or "hey you guyyyyyyyyyyyyys!!!" BEFORE Chunk in the Goonies, get out of the thread. [/quote]
MORK! ELECTRIC COMPANY!!!

(awesome happy flashback memories)

Fat Albert! Rockford Files! Reagan's first inauguration!

MG

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...