jasJis Posted July 7, 2004 Posted July 7, 2004 Just got some info from a very good source. As of October 4th, LifeTeen masses will no longer be allowed to do the Altar Gather during the Consencrattion, and can't say 'The mass never ends, it must be lived' at the end of Mass. Apparently, it has been allowed. Rome has reviewed the results, and made this determination, giving some time for LifeTeen to diseminate these new rules. I love LifeTeen, but always had a problem with the Altar Gather. Hopefully this will defuse many of it's detractors, and server to improve the LifeTeen program.
Carnanc Posted July 7, 2004 Posted July 7, 2004 I have never been involved with Lifeteen but have been very suspicious of gathering arround the altar. It sounds like a really good thing that Rome has made a determination.
cmotherofpirl Posted July 7, 2004 Posted July 7, 2004 Hurrah!!!!!!! Its indirectly covered in the new document.
HomeTeamFamily Posted July 7, 2004 Posted July 7, 2004 (edited) not that i dont trust you jasjis......but can you please provide a link or a more definite source??? edit........im fine with that ruling by the way......whatever Rome needs of us......im glad as well to get a "ruling" on it if you will....and also, i like the traditional way to end the mass as well.....just in case yall were wondering where i stand on that Edited July 7, 2004 by lankyswimmer
ilovechrist Posted July 7, 2004 Posted July 7, 2004 i'm glad we finally have a result on this! i'm with adam though.. i would like to see the link-article.
geetarplayer Posted July 7, 2004 Posted July 7, 2004 I heard it straight from Msgr. Dale's lips: No more altar calls. He said it's not because Rome dislikes LifeTeen... It's because Rome likes LifeTeen very much and doesn't want it to make such abuses.
Tony Posted July 7, 2004 Posted July 7, 2004 a local youth group not affiliated with lifeteen does the alter gather as well.. Wonder if they will stop it as well
crusader1234 Posted July 7, 2004 Posted July 7, 2004 What exactly is the 'altar gather'? I have no idea about all this charismatic Cahtolic stuff kind of reminds me of when we were little during the mass kids were invited to come sit at the altar around the priest while he did his homilies.
jasJis Posted July 7, 2004 Author Posted July 7, 2004 geetar, I was told this by someone who heard it from Fr. Dale directly. I guess they're at the same place you are??? LOL It's funny how people want to see an 'article' about it and don't trust me. I'm not a rumor monger. I also think I'm more trustworthy than a Times reporter. It's not like LifeTeen was chatised. The Church doesn't work that way. It was allowed on a trial basis, was reviewed, and then decided to not allow it. Bishops had to approve it (AG) anyway. I hope people don't make it into something it's not, or else I won't share my info with y'all anymore.
geetarplayer Posted July 7, 2004 Posted July 7, 2004 jas, I was at Notre Dame when I heard it. Your source and I probably were there at the same time. -Mark
jasJis Posted July 7, 2004 Author Posted July 7, 2004 That's gotta be it. I hadn't checked my messages for a few days, and they got back on Saturday. Did you have a good time?
lifeteenchick527 Posted July 7, 2004 Posted July 7, 2004 ya i agree now that i think about it...i mean maybe you can just reserve the front area of the church and stuff... i mean then we are there the whole time rite
Philippe Posted July 7, 2004 Posted July 7, 2004 i just want a link so i can show my lifeteen director
Aloysius Posted July 7, 2004 Posted July 7, 2004 yeah that's why I'd like a link or something as well. I see this as amazingly terrific news.
Iacobus Posted July 7, 2004 Posted July 7, 2004 I never was a fan of LT, but somepeople are... so I guess it is good that Rome so loves LT that is critizes it.
Aloysius Posted July 7, 2004 Posted July 7, 2004 I'm not a fan of lifeteen myself, but i would like to see it end the abuses.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now