An Old School Catholic Message Board

Vaccine

MiscarriageSucks

MiscarriageSucks

Got my first dose today and immediately grew a second head, but I like it because now I can eat twice as many cookies at the same time. 

Highly recommend it. My only side effect is a mild sore arm. 

So happy I can protect myself, my unborn baby, and my neighbor by getting this shot! 

2 hours ago, Peace said:

I'm trying to get my hands on a JNJ dose. I feel better about that one than the other too.

I've heard the JNJ is directly derived from one of the abortion-derived cell lines? Whereas the others are more remotely related e.g. tested using them.

42 minutes ago, chrysostom said:

I've heard the JNJ is directly derived from one of the abortion-derived cell lines? Whereas the others are more remotely related e.g. tested using them.

Didn't know that. I'll research that issue. Thanks.

11 minutes ago, fides' Jack said:

I just read this.  Lots of common sense in here that isn't exactly common, anymore:

https://www.lifesitenews.com/opinion/31-reasons-why-i-wont-take-a-covid-vaccine

30 reasons? I saw 2 or 3 in there that seem like legit concerns.

51 minutes ago, chrysostom said:

How about the Flu shot? I don't even know but I've been taking that one for 10 years. Never thought about it really.

7 hours ago, chrysostom said:

6 hours ago, Peace said:

Didn't know that. I'll research that issue. Thanks.

Charlotte Lozier Institute
Update: COVID-19 Vaccine Candidates and Abortion-Derived Cell Lines

"Accurate information about the development and production of COVID-19 vaccines is essential, especially because many proposed candidates use newer molecular technologies for production of a viral vaccine. One concern regarding the ethical assessment of viral vaccine candidates is the potential use of abortion-derived cell lines in the development, production or testing of a vaccine. This analysis utilizes data from the primary scientific literature when available, along with data from clinical trial documents, reputable vaccine tracking websites, and published commercial information. It is the hope that by providing accurate data, recipients can make well-informed decisions regarding vaccine choices."

no one knows the long term effects of covid

no one knows the long-term effects of the vaccine.

it's a roll of the dice no matter how you slice it. Place your bets and good luck kids.

9 hours ago, Anastasia said:

Charlotte Lozier Institute
Update: COVID-19 Vaccine Candidates and Abortion-Derived Cell Lines

"Accurate information about the development and production of COVID-19 vaccines is essential, especially because many proposed candidates use newer molecular technologies for production of a viral vaccine. One concern regarding the ethical assessment of viral vaccine candidates is the potential use of abortion-derived cell lines in the development, production or testing of a vaccine. This analysis utilizes data from the primary scientific literature when available, along with data from clinical trial documents, reputable vaccine tracking websites, and published commercial information. It is the hope that by providing accurate data, recipients can make well-informed decisions regarding vaccine choices."

Thanks. I'll check that out. I actually probably don't need the vaccine. I don't really fall into one of the high-risk categories.

I’ll probably get the vaccine when it’s available to me.    I don’t have a work from home job, and neither do my crews and coworkers.   I’m very healthy and my mom and father in law have had the vaccine so I’m good there.   I do have friends and coworkers get Covid and have lingering issues.   It’s a risk/benefit judgement call and as far as I know, more people have died or have serious health issues from Covid than from the vaccines so far.   It’s better for all if we can get back to a functional economy and society.   It worth my roll of the die.  

fides' Jack
13 hours ago, Ice_nine said:

no one knows the long term effects of covid

no one knows the long-term effects of the vaccine.

it's a roll of the dice no matter how you slice it. Place your bets and good luck kids.

Well, I don't know.  We're pretty certain what the long-term effects of the virus are.  I mean, it's a virus, right?  We've got thousands of years of dealing with viruses under our belt.  

The main long-term effect of viruses in general is built-up immunity.  Not necessarily permanent immunity to the virus in question, but certainly built-up immunity against viruses in general.

We have no idea yet about the long-term effects of these mRNA vaccines.

It's pretty obvious the odds here aren't 50-50.

1 hour ago, Anomaly said:

as far as I know, more people have died or have serious health issues from Covid than from the vaccines so far.

As far as I know that's true.  But that's just the thing - we can't know because the truth is being hidden from us.  Even Fauci has publicly admitted lying about different factors here.  

The fact that we can't know the truth about it is enough for me to stay away.  Even if the Wuhan virus were very deadly, for me personally, that's fine.  It can have my body.  I'm more concerned about my soul.

I've gotten shot. I'm injected, not infected. I wasn't worried about being the first kid on my block to get the shot, but my numbered got called, so I went. 

Strike that off my To-Do List... until it's time for the second shot four weeks from now. 

46 minutes ago, little2add said:

5-F3-FFB62-55-BF-4094-8399-1-E24-C5-B069

What else you got? 

A photo of a starving Ethiopian child that says "So people in your country throw away food"?

Come on now.

• Ash Wednesday changed the title to Vaccine