An Old School Catholic Message Board

Antivax voices being silenced by covid

Mercedes

I could just as easily make a site detailing deaths of vaxxed people.  Something tells me it would be a longer list.  And they would be real stories, too.

On 9/4/2021 at 11:10 PM, fides' Jack said:

I could just as easily make a site detailing deaths of vaxxed people.  Something tells me it would be a longer list.  And they would be real stories, too.

One good turn of propaganda deserves another!

• 2 weeks later...

Yet another avid anti vaxxer silenced by Covid.

A personal finance guru who rallied against taking the coronavirus vaccine has died from Covid, hours after being placed on a ventilator.

Alan Steel, 74, died on Wednesday after a month long battle with the virus.

Mr Steel regularly posted to Twitter about why people should not take the Covd vaccine, and why neither masks nor lockdowns were needed.

In a somber message posted last week he told followers: “You may wonder why I’ve been so quiet. For the best part of two weeks, I fought a losing battle with Covid.

“Been on oxygen in hospital since. Moving to intensive care today. This is one nasty illness. Fingers crossed I make it through.”

https://inews.co.uk/news/anti-vaxxer-dies-hours-after-being-placed-on-ventilator-with-covid-1206953

RIP Bob Enyart Denver anti vaccine radio host. Died 13 September, 2021

Bob Enyart, a conservative radio talk show host in Denver who urged listeners to boycott Covid-19 vaccines and vowed never to get a shot, has lost his life after contracting the virus, one of his co-hosts announced earlier this week, in what is but the latest instance of a right-wing radio pundit succumbing to the coronavirus.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommybeer/2021/09/16/another-anti-vaccine-radio-host-is-killed-by-covid-adding-to-a-growing-list/?sh=657afc6e3105

43 minutes ago, ardillacid said:

This is probably the grossest thread in Phatmass history, including Aloysius’ humanure project. 

Is there a German word for smarmy schadenfreude?

1 hour ago, Mercedes said:

Demonising vaccines is far more gross than presenting the facts of the deadly nature of covid.

What's the present CFR?

You'll get further if you stop with the emotional blackmail. If you're interested in helping people make good risk assessment, you'll knock that off.

Or rather, what is the current CFR stratified by age and health condition, and adjusted to reflect (certainly in the US) that a great number of states are officially considering any death following a COVID positive test as a COVID death (I do think most of them at least remove some things like car crashes, etc). They are of course far less willing to count so liberally regarding deaths following vaccination.

19 minutes ago, Winchester said:

What's the present CFR?

You'll get further if you stop with the emotional blackmail. If you're interested in helping people make good risk assessment, you'll knock that off.

I disagree.  Anti vaccination is an emotional response to fake news and conspiracy theorists.  When those very sources of lies unfortunately fall victim to the reality of covid, it's a wake up call to all their followers.

KnightofChrist

"This elevator only goes to the basement and someone made an awful mess down there." -Abraham Simpson, On the use of Port-a-Johns

That's what this thread reminds me of. That and rubbing a dog's face in his urine, only the dog bark is silenced, because the dog is dead. RIP Doggie. 

19 minutes ago, Mercedes said:

I disagree.  Anti vaccination is an emotional response to fake news and conspiracy theorists.  When those very sources of lies unfortunately fall victim to the reality of covid, it's a wake up call to all their followers.

Disagree all you want, but your method is ineffective.

"Deadly". So what's the CFR?

2 hours ago, Mercedes said:

Demonising vaccines is far more gross than presenting the facts of the deadly nature of covid.

Thats not what this thread is. Pissing on the graves of the dead won’t win anyone to your side. 

1 hour ago, ardillacid said:

Thats not what this thread is. Pissing on the graves of the dead won’t win anyone to your side. 

I don't see this as a competition.  It's more like an appeal to lemmings jumping off a cliff after one another.