An Old School Catholic Message Board

'Marxist cultural vision': USCCB head José Gomez decries social justice movements

Matthew 10 42

Machine_Washable
9 hours ago, Matthew 10 42 said:

Peace what is your interpretation of Jesus words on the Final Judgement? It's straight forward what he's saying. What is your view on what he's saying? And are you saying Benedict is committing blasphemy with this quote?  "Lastly, we should especially mention the great parable of the Last Judgement (cf. Mt 25:31-46), in which love becomes the criterion for the definitive decision about a human life's worth or lack thereof. Jesus identifies himself with those in need, with the hungry, the thirsty, the stranger, the naked, the sick and those in prison. “As you did it to one of the least of these my brethren, you did it to me” (Mt 25:40). Love of God and love of neighbour have become one: in the least of the brethren we find Jesus himself, and in Jesus we find God.

Also the article from Black Catholic Messenger quoted someone as saying "God is Black" I didn't come here and just state that.

If I hire someone to act as my agent and conduct business in my name and they sign documents in that capacity then it is as if I myself signed those documents. But nobody would say that I am the same person as the signer.

Matthew 10 42
17 minutes ago, Machine_Washable said:

If I hire someone to act as my agent and conduct business in my name and they sign documents in that capacity then it is as if I myself signed those documents. But nobody would say that I am the same person as the signer.

This has nothing to do with Jesus words on the final judgement and how are action or lack of action determines if we go to Heaven or Hell. And how by helping we were directly helping Christ himself. But I don't have the energy to go back and forth with you. So sure. Think that Jesus was referring to the poor in need as "his agent" or something like that. And just forget the part where he literally says this is what we will judged on to determine where we spend eternity. What he really meant was something about agents and signing documents etc etc

Machine_Washable
3 minutes ago, Matthew 10 42 said:

This has nothing to do with Jesus words on the final judgement and how are action or lack of action determines if we go to Heaven or Hell. And how by helping we were directly helping Christ himself. But I don't have the energy to go back and forth with you. So sure. Think that Jesus was referring to the poor in need as "his agent" or something like that. And just forget the part where he literally says this is what we will judged on to determine where we spend eternity. What he really meant was something about agents and signing documents etc etc

You're very condescending. You asked about how one could interpret the passage you quoted besides how you were interpreting it. I tried to use an analogy to show why your interpretation is strange. Your interpretation does not seem to be mainstream in your religion. Moreover, to an outsider just reading the words you quoted it makes absolutely no sense. Anyway, have a good day and good luck with whatever you're trying to accomplish here.

Matthew 10 42
3 minutes ago, Machine_Washable said:

You're very condescending. You asked about how one could interpret the passage you quoted besides how you were interpreting it. I tried to use an analogy to show why your interpretation is strange. Your interpretation does not seem to be mainstream in your religion. Moreover, to an outsider just reading the words you quoted it makes absolutely no sense. Anyway, have a good day and good luck with whatever you're trying to accomplish here.

Jesus says when you helped the poor you helped him. When you gave water to those that don't have water you were giving water to Christ himself. At the final judgement people will say "Lord when did we see you thirsty and not give you water?" He then says whatever you did or didn't do the least you did or didn't do to me. A quote from Benedict was shared in this thread stateing the same thing. The passage is straight forward and is so important that Jesus says it's what we are judged on at the final judgement. It determines if we go to Heaven or Hell.

1 minute ago, Matthew 10 42 said:

He then says whatever you did or didn't do the least you did or didn't do to me.

* to the least

"Lastly, we should especially mention the great parable of the Last Judgement (cf. Mt 25:31-46), in which love becomes the criterion for the definitive decision about a human life's worth or lack thereof. Jesus identifies himself with those in need, with the hungry, the thirsty, the stranger, the naked, the sick and those in prison. “As you did it to one of the least of these my brethren, you did it to me” (Mt 25:40). Love of God and love of neighbour have become one: in the least of the brethren we find Jesus himself, and in Jesus we find God.

The Final Judgement:

“When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his throne in heavenly glory. All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

“Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, "I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

“Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

“The King will reply, ‘I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.” 

Matthew 10 42

Then he will say to those at his left hand, 'You that are accursed, depart from me into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels; for I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not give me clothing, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.' Then they also will answer, 'Lord, when was it that we saw you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not take care of you?'   Then he will answer them, 'Truly I tell you, just as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to me.' And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."

2 hours ago, Matthew 10 42 said:

Then he will say to those at his left hand, 'You that are accursed, depart from me into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels; for I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not give me clothing, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.' Then they also will answer, 'Lord, when was it that we saw you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not take care of you?'   Then he will answer them, 'Truly I tell you, just as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to me.' And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."

They are still not literally Jesus. If the are, please tell me how poor I need to be to turn into Jesus. And when someone helps those poor who are literally Jesus and they are no longer poor, then who do they become?

10 minutes ago, Vernon said:

They are still not literally Jesus. If the are, please tell me how poor I need to be to turn into Jesus. And when someone helps those poor who are literally Jesus and they are no longer poor, then who do they become?

Oh, as soon as they are no longer poor, they turn into Satan like our friend @hakutaku did.

• 3 weeks later...
Matthew 10 42

"IT IS THE LORD JESUS whom we meet in the faces of our marginalized and discarded brothers and sisters, in the migrant who I despised, rejected, put in a cage, but also in the migrant journeying towards hope, towards a better human life."  - Pope Francis   December 4th, 2021