An Old School Catholic Message Board

“Why does Ukraine matter?”

little2add

over 1.7 million Ukrainian refugees, mostly woman and children have fled their country, with nothing more than the clothes on their back. 

(men between 16 and 60 are expected to stay and fight)

a truce was called but the only way out under the truce is the roads to mother Russia So, it's really meaningless.

This makes me wonder why Biden’s sanctions against Russia did not include banning Russian oil imports to the US???

IMG-4974.jpg

Edited by little2add

The US and Canada and Europe cannot survive without Russian ojl, and the middle East is stsying neitral thus defacto helping Russia supply oil and keep oil prices high.  Why wouldnt the middle milk this obscene circumstance and make $$$...

The environmental gooroos of the West keep dragging down Canadien and US oil production, well intended or not, but now here we are!

Sanctions against Russia cannot possibly be effective as a deterrant unless it includes oil, but.... Russia closes gas to Poland and Ukraine, and oops!  NATO looks stupid!

HOWEVER - it is understood on the international stage that the interuption of the supply of essential resources (of course including oil), in considered an act of war.  So Russia turns off the oil and gas, NATO are in their rights to interpret this as an act of agression and could declare all out war - which I believe Putin is trying to avoid (so is NATO of course).

Consider however that NATO vs Russia in a conflict would definately interupt 100% of oil/gas to the West, and with a major conflict thirsting for these ressources, one can easily foresee oil/gas in the West being rationned, and the respective economies would be crushed.

Even with the nuclear card aside, it would be a huge mess!

Was not the USA said to be energy independent under Trump.... could it be he got that one thing right??

Oh amd PS, Ukraine produces over 5% of the world oil supply... hmmmm... (fact check anyone??)

5% interuption of oil supply on the world stage is enougj to cause am oil shock, maybe not as big as the 70s, but enough to make NATO feep stupid again.

fides' Jack

It seems to me now that really both sides of this war are actually trying to provoke a war.  They're really on the same side, which is to lay the groundwork for the new world order.

03/08/22 (announced minutes ago)

President Joe Biden will announce as early as Tuesday 03/08/22 that the U.S. will ban imports of Russian oil. 

The White House added a 10:45 a.m. event to the president's schedule.

38 minutes ago, Didacus said:

Was not the USA said to be energy independent under Trump....

DC2-ABDE7-ADAB-4766-BA75-D2-C0868-BB9-A5

Edited by little2add

49 minutes ago, little2add said:

03/08/22 (announced minutes ago)

President Joe Biden will announce as early as Tuesday 03/08/22 that the U.S. will ban imports of Russian oil. 

The White House added a 10:45 a.m. event to the president's schedule.

DC2-ABDE7-ADAB-4766-BA75-D2-C0868-BB9-A5

Yes amd Putin has already responded by saying if the ban moves forward he will interupt supply of Gas.

By definition of the UN, if that point is reached, one can consider Russia-USA at war in the practical sense.

Things can escalate very quickly thereafter.

55 minutes ago, fides' Jack said:

It seems to me now that really both sides of this war are actually trying to provoke a war.  They're really on the same side, which is to lay the groundwork for the new world order.

Putin has beem described quite openly and on many occasions as a traitor to the new world order.  

fides' Jack
1 hour ago, Didacus said:

Putin has beem described quite openly and on many occasions as a traitor to the new world order.  

I certainly hope that's true.

I did just recently learn that Putin had asked the Holy See for Russia to be consecrated to the Immaculate Heart of Mary several years ago, and his request was denied.  Maybe that's just rumor...  I don't know...  But if it's true it's very telling.

32 minutes ago, fides' Jack said:

I certainly hope that's true.

I did just recently learn that Putin had asked the Holy See for Russia to be consecrated to the Immaculate Heart of Mary several years ago, and his request was denied.  Maybe that's just rumor...  I don't know...  But if it's true it's very telling.

That has already been done;

https://catholicexchange.com/russia-consecrated-mary/

And yes, search it, Putin has vehemiantly been designated a traitor to the new world order.

Hard to see who is truly the bad guys in times of war.

fides' Jack
1 hour ago, Didacus said:

Are you saying that the Consecration of Russia has already happened?  I used to believe that it had, but I've been convinced otherwise.  And your link also comes to the conclusion that Russia has NOT been consecrated.  Or at least seems to from the brief and incomplete reading of it I did.  But this is actually a good argument for why we should believe the consecration has not happened, from multiple viewpoints, in fact.

2 hours ago, fides' Jack said:

I did just recently learn that Putin had asked the Holy See for Russia to be consecrated to the Immaculate Heart of Mary several years ago, and his request was denied.

This story sounds a bit odd, to be honest. Putin is a member of the Orthodox church. Why would he ask for his Orthodox country to be consecrated by the Vatican under a title of Mary that Orthodox Christians don't generally recognise?

fides' Jack
19 minutes ago, rosamundi said:

This story sounds a bit odd, to be honest. Putin is a member of the Orthodox church. Why would he ask for his Orthodox country to be consecrated by the Vatican under a title of Mary that Orthodox Christians don't generally recognise?

I had the exact same initial reaction.  But at this point, who knows...  

3 hours ago, fides' Jack said:

Are you saying that the Consecration of Russia has already happened?  I used to believe that it had, but I've been convinced otherwise.  And your link also comes to the conclusion that Russia has NOT been consecrated.  Or at least seems to from the brief and incomplete reading of it I did.  But this is actually a good argument for why we should believe the consecration has not happened, from multiple viewpoints, in fact.

Search JP-II and consecration of Russia....

The requested consecration is at once a recognition of the importance which Russia continues to have in God’s plan for peace, and a sign of profound love for our brothers and sisters in Russia. Certainly, Pope Jean-Paul II consecrated the world, including Russia, to the Immaculate Heart of Mary on the 25th of March 1984.

I believe it was part of the Fatima secrets...

3 hours ago, rosamundi said:

Its not a question of what Putin bieves but a question of what Russians believe - Putin is just playing politician if his request is real.

fides' Jack
3 hours ago, Didacus said:

Certainly, Pope Jean-Paul II consecrated the world, including Russia, to the Immaculate Heart of Mary on the 25th of March 1984.

Yes, I am aware of the various times that it was almost done, including the 1984 event, but that's not what was requested by Our Lady in 1929 through Servant of God Lucia of Fatima.

As Fr. Ripperger points out, being specific about what you're asking for in prayer does matter.

3 hours ago, Didacus said:

Its not a question of what Putin bieves but a question of what Russians believe - Putin is just playing politician if his request is real.

That could be, but just playing politician or not, it's still quite telling.  If it gets done because politics demands it, it will still count.

9 hours ago, fides' Jack said:

Yes, I am aware of the various times that it was almost done, including the 1984 event, but that's not what was requested by Our Lady in 1929 through Servant of God Lucia of Fatima.

As Fr. Ripperger points out, being specific about what you're asking for in prayer does matter.

That could be, but just playing politician or not, it's still quite telling.  If it gets done because politics demands it, it will still count.

The grace of God is not contingent on the politics of men.  And an especial THANK GOD for that!

Specifics, in prayers... that matters? YOU'RE TELLING ME THIS NOW??!

SFD- I got so much prayer to catch up on now...  gotta go!

And I was certain pope JP-the-Great had consecrated Russia, i thought it was later in the century though.

Is there a Church scholar who can shed clarity on this for us!?!

fides' Jack
2 hours ago, Didacus said:

The grace of God is not contingent on the politics of men.  And an especial THANK GOD for that!

Agreed.

But politics can have the outcome of the grace of God, sometimes.

5 hours ago, Didacus said:

Specifics, in prayers... that matters? YOU'RE TELLING ME THIS NOW??!

SFD- I got so much prayer to catch up on now...  gotta go!

Not sure what SFD is...  but should I assume the rest of this is sarcasm?

5 hours ago, Didacus said:

And I was certain pope JP-the-Great had consecrated Russia, i thought it was later in the century though.

The Vatican claimed that he did, in 1984, as you pointed out.  I maintain it was not sufficient to honor the request of Our Lady (especially since the Vatican had done basically the same thing on previous occasions and Sr. Lucia on those previous occasions responded that it wasn't fulfilling what Our Lady asked for).

1 hour ago, fides' Jack said:

Agreed.

But politics can have the outcome of the grace of God, sometimes.

Not sure what SFD is...  but should I assume the rest of this is sarcasm?

The Vatican claimed that he did, in 1984, as you pointed out.  I maintain it was not sufficient to honor the request of Our Lady (especially since the Vatican had done basically the same thing on previous occasions and Sr. Lucia on those previous occasions responded that it wasn't fulfilling what Our Lady asked for).

PM me amd i will tell you what SFD means.  And no, what youbsaid was genuinely news to me.  We kearn every day.

Any knowledge on what might be missing to fulfill the lady's request?  Would very much like to know more.