An Old School Catholic Message Board

“Why does Ukraine matter?”

little2add

fides' Jack
1 hour ago, Didacus said:

PM me amd i will tell you what SFD means.  And no, what youbsaid was genuinely news to me.  We kearn every day.

Any knowledge on what might be missing to fulfill the lady's request?  Would very much like to know more.

Oh, ok.  Sometimes I have a hard time reading people on forums.  It's very likely that I'm at least slightly on the autism spectrum.

To fulfill the request, the Pope would have to consecrate Russia specifically, together with the bishops of the world joining him.  Here's the quote (from Our Lady):

The moment has come in which God asks the Holy Father to make, and to order that in union with him and at the same time, all the bishops of the world make the consecration of Russia to My Immaculate Heart, promising to convert it because of this day of prayer and worldwide reparation.

Then after a few more years passed and nothing was done, this is from Sr. Lucy:

Later on through an intimate communication, Our Lord said: ‘They have not chosen to heed my request… As the King of France, they will regret it and then will do it, but it will be too late. Russia will already have spread her errors throughout the world, provoking wars and persecutions against the Church, the Holy Father will have much to suffer.

"The King of France" is a reference to a similar request made June 13, 1689, to St. Margaret Mary Alocoque.  In that case, the King didn't do the requested action until after a century had passed, and died because it was late.  June 13 is significant, obviously, because of the immediate connections to Fatima.  

Just remember: 

I will put enmities between thee and the woman, and thy seed and her seed: she shall crush thy head, and thou shalt lie in wait for her heel.

Our Blessed Mother is destined to crush the head of satan.  I think all these Marian apparitions (approved and unapproved) are the fulfillment of that.  And the centenary of the Fatima request is in 2029.

On 3/9/2022 at 8:12 AM, rosamundi said:

This story sounds a bit odd, to be honest. Putin is a member of the Orthodox church. Why would he ask for his Orthodox country to be consecrated by the Vatican under a title of Mary that Orthodox Christians don't generally recognise?

I think Orthodox believe in both the immaculate conception and the assumption plus they are in partial communion with the Holy Roman Catholic Church. But I didn't know that Putin claims to be a member of the Orthodox Church and if he even is I'm quiet unsure that the Orthodox bishops would agree about the way he is going about things.

I was hanging around with an Ethiopian Orthodox Christian and I'm unsure about the other orthodox but he said he had a book called Mary's book/bible. Unsure what the books about though never asked to have a look. 

fides' Jack
7 hours ago, Tabby Cat said:

I think Orthodox believe in both the immaculate conception and the assumption plus they are in partial communion with the Holy Roman Catholic Church

Their view of us is not the same as our view of them.  It might be licit for a Roman Catholic to receive some sacraments from the Orthodox, is some situations, but I'm fairly sure they don't think it would ever be licit for an Orthodox to do anything at a Roman Catholic Church.

It's my understanding the Orthodox have a very strong devotion to the Theotokos, but not necessarily to the Immaculate Heart (East vs West).

Just remember that you are being lied to and manipulated on all sides, by all parties involved, all of the time

The U.S. Congress late Thursday approved a $13.6 billion emergency package of aid for Ukraine and its European allies. Much of that will go toward arming and equipping Ukraine's military, as well as for humanitarian and economic assistance.

13.6 billion will put that fire out…

D012-D2-D7-D2-EB-4225-9-DAF-17-A64-D50-A

BTW: the red container is a gasoline can

(in case you were wondering)

25 minutes ago, little2add said:

no funds will be used, in anyway for (NOT) arming and equipping Ukraine's military , but only for humanitarian and economic assistance.

fixed it...

-----------------

"Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword."

Matthew 26, 26:52

Edited by little2add

We keep hearing the theory that Putin’s reason the invade Ukraine is to restore the former USSR empire.  I find this hard to believe.  
think about it.  
the idea that there could ever be unity with the Ukrainian peoples after the wholesale slaughter and destruction caused by Putin’s army is completely and absolutely implausible

Putin knows this, so his hope of restoring the once great republic can not be his motive.  

Here is a interesting little tidbit, that I just learned.

Ukraine’s President (Volodymyr Zelensky), Is Jewish. So Is Its Prime Minister. 

Edited by little2add

A poll recently shpwed that about 67% of republicans would stamd up and defend the USA if attacked, and barely 50% of democrats wpuld dp the same.

Hmmmmm...  looking at Ukraine that stat makes you wonder.

For my part, and I've said this before, a nation such as Canada that elects a globalist like Trudeau, is simply not worth defending.  At this point i would consider pure anarchy as an improvement over where Canada os heading now.

Over three million people have fled there homes.

I was talking with a co-worker who is a Polish immigrant,  He told me he had close relatives in Ukraine and that they are doing okay with this dire situation.

He also said he talks with them almost every day because they all have cell phones over there.  

It’s good to have family, thank God the cell phones still work.

Humanitarian goods and services are whats needed, not bombs and Missiles.  The U.S. has pledged over 17 billion dollars for advanced  weaponry, i fear this escalation will compound the mayhem.

Warsaw needs humanitarian assistance.  NOW!

WARSAW, Poland -- Warsaw's mayor is appealing for international help as the city becomes overwhelmed by refugees, with more than a tenth of all those fleeing the war in Ukraine arriving in the Polish capital.

• 1 month later...

Unknown.jpg

The Biden administration is asking Congress for a massive new $33 billion funding request to bolster Ukraine’s military.

Unknown-1.jpg

• 5 months later...

As crazy as things have gotten of late, I wanted to review this thread again.  

It seems Russia is not the only bad guy in this game.