An Old School Catholic Message Board

PHORUM CLOSING IN JUNE... Where should we go?

dUSt

Well, it's been over 22 years. Traffic is pathetic. Internet message boards are closing everywhere. It's time. 

My plan is to archive the phorum. No threads will be lost. Everything will remain searchable. Phatmass.com will continue as a website, mainly as a news aggregator and search resource.

The Phatmass community, aka, the Phamily, has been such a huge part of my life. We have to have a way to keep in touch. My first instinct is to use the Phatmass Facebook group.

But, maybe that's not the best way? Let's decide on the best place to move. Here are some links to potential places for us to move to:

Phatmass Facebook group

Phatmass Subreddit

Also, maybe Quora or Discord?

I trust your intuitions and decisions. If your say it's time, then so be it. 

Thank you for all you've done for all of us. 

Got an email about the forums closing, and then came back to check. It’s been a while! 

Is there any way a Facebook group can be private? People are much more likely to engage in conversation if the group isn’t open to the public. For my part, I typically don’t interact in Facebook groups unless the group is private. Public groups lend themselves to all sorts of issues, whereas private ones tend to act similar to the way forums do. I’d definitely join a private Phatmass FB group, anyway! It would be nice to interact there with the people I remember from here. It’s been so long. 

In any case, thank you so much for all you’ve done here, Dust. Even though I haven’t been back here for a long time, it’s been a really great 22+ (?!?!?!? 🤯) years. ❤️

VeniteAdoremus

Thank you for all your hard work dUSt! Phatmass was very important to me for a while, I’m grateful for that time. 

8 minutes ago, Cherie said:

Is there any way a Facebook group can be private?

I'll definitely consider this. I may keep it public for a little while so I don't have to manually approve a lot of new members.

Just now, dUSt said:

I'll definitely consider this. I may keep it public for a little while so I don't have to manually approve a lot of new members.

That makes sense. I just joined in anticipation! 😄

Got your email, just came to pay my respects. Respect!

If you're still in Dallas holler at me. I'm a Dallasite (Dallasinoan?) now. I work downtown.

Things I like about Dallas: tacos, sunshine, breeze, parks, dart, downtown.

Things I don't like about Dallas: rain, thunder, lightning, hail, tornadoes, tornadoes, tornadoes, mentally unstable people roaming around, snobs, tornadoes.

Bye. 🤠

Archaeology cat

@dUSt - thank you for the phorum. It has been a huge part of my life and my conversion and everything. Hey, even found my daughter's godmother on this place. (miss you, @misereremi!) 

And @MIKolbe you should definitely show up for a BBQ at dUSt's house. 

I honestly try not to be on social media much these days (helps my sanity), but will check in from time to time wherever it goes