An Old School Catholic Message Board

PHORUM CLOSING IN JUNE... Where should we go?

dUSt

I just got the email. I vote for a Discord, personally. But I also joined the subreddit and Facebook group.

5 hours ago, Nihil Obstat said:

I am partial to Reddit or Discord myself. Quora is hot garbage. @dUSt, I am the person on the Phatmass subreddit, and you should have full permissions there now. That will be a safe starting point and it is available if you do want it.

It might also be worth asking, for example, Catholic Diocese of Discord if they'd be willing to add a Phatmass Oldies server to their existing community and everyone just enroll there. For the sake of not starting from scratch. 

https://discord.gg/catholic-diocese

I went ahead and submitted an app here.

Saint Lemon

On behalf of myself and all the other survivors of the SMMI/Patrizi/Kovacs, we cannot thank you enough for all you have given to ourselves and the Catholic community as a whole. It was via this site that I was able to find the first real thread to the Truth, which led to all of us forming a community of our own, supporting each other after all we have been through. While I am sure that the closing of the form feels like a failure, know you have done so much good for so many, shining the Light of Christ to many many people. May you be blessed for your hard work and integrity, as well as keeping it all archived for others to find God's word in the 21st century.

BarbTherese
7 hours ago, Saint Lemon said:

While I am sure that the closing of the form feels like a failure, know you have done so much good for so many, shining the Light of Christ to many many people. May you be blessed for your hard work and integrity, as well as keeping it all archived for others to find God's word in the 21st century.

:like2:

gasp!  What shall become of us now.

Thank you for everything dUst, you son-of-a-great!

Facebook works...  but my account was hacked 3 weeks ago and I can't get it back...  :(

CoffeeCatholic

Got the email- blast from the past!  For a good while, this was my haven.  I've built lasting real and online friends via this forum, and for that I'm grateful.  I might join the FB page, but frankly I don't consider myself Catholic anymore.  Still raising kids with my ex, so I'm Catholic-adjacent, keeping them where they want to be for now.  When I joined this forum I was unmarried and had no kids.  Now I'm divorced and my oldest is almost 14.  Dang.  But I truly appreciate the love and friendships and genuine kindness I've experienced here.  So long and thanks for all the fish!

inunionwithrome

Oh my goodness. How time flies. When I first joined this group, I believe that I was discerning a vocation to Religious Life, and had already had one not so good experience and had entered the order too fast. Since then, my sister married, I am godparent to my nephew (who unfortunately was denied FHC because of issues in my sister's diocese they left the church). We pray that they will return! I "retired" from teaching Sunday School for almost 22 years in 2017, have had work on and off and am now "returning" to school (non-trad track) enrichment courses needed for today's modern business and praying for the right job placement as I had to leave my employer of 2 1/4 years for various reasons. We moved back to where I was born in 2020 when my dad received an offer and wanted to be closer to help take care of his mother (my grandmother) who passed this year in January. So sorry if it seems like I forgot about you guys. So much has happened. I just came across my "Church Militant" t-shirt that you had sent to me for contributing to the Vocations Forum. What a blast from the past! My prayers are with you all. I try not to use FB too much as well. Just don't like a lot of the content people post these days so best to stick with a more "private" forum if possible. 

On 4/29/2023 at 8:08 PM, Nihil Obstat said:

I am partial to Reddit or Discord myself. Quora is hot garbage. @dUSt, I am the person on the Phatmass subreddit, and you should have full permissions there now. That will be a safe starting point and it is available if you do want it.

It might also be worth asking, for example, Catholic Diocese of Discord if they'd be willing to add a Phatmass Oldies server to their existing community and everyone just enroll there. For the sake of not starting from scratch. 

https://discord.gg/catholic-diocese

from my little experience on both platforms, I agree with either discord or redidit

@dUSt  Didn’t get the memo. 
I wish you and all the Phamily well.   PM was epic and meaningful for most of the 20+ years I was visiting.    If you’re ever in Tampa, beer is on me. (jasJis/Anomaly)

May God walk with you and your family, dUst, and forever keep you and those you love in His hands.

5 hours ago, Didacus said:

May God walk with you and your family, dUst, and forever keep you and those you love in His hands.

I guess I'm never getting my shirt.....

tinytherese

I'm glad you're not getting rid of the posts made over the years. It annoys me that the Catholic Answers one didn't.