Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Would You Buy/wear This Shirt....


Would you buy/wear this shirt?  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

SevenSorrows
Posted

I know everyone went crazy like 5 years ago wearing the "abortion is murder" or "face it abortion kills" or "abortion is homicide"...

but would anyone buy a shirt that said...

"Contraception kills.....Do you?"

obviously meaning that if you use contraception you may be aborting your kid.

Posted

How can you kill something that's never been created? OK...abortion kills because there was SOMETHING to kill...the above statement for the t-shirt makes no sense. I would never wear it. Sorry.

DancesforLove
Posted

I wouldn't wear it. Simply because I don't think that your clothing is necesarily the place to voice that opinion unless you are at a protest or something. But otherwise I wouldn't really wear it, just like I don't like seeing the "I Had an Abortion" shirts and stuff. I think those are just down right WRONG I mean even if you have don't just broadcast it, I think its trashy.

Posted

[quote name='Cesar624' date='Aug 4 2004, 10:29 PM'] How can you kill something that's never been created? OK...abortion kills because there was SOMETHING to kill...the above statement for the t-shirt makes no sense. I would never wear it. Sorry. [/quote]
The Pill.... causes abortions. In a nut shell (correct me if I am wrong those of you with more knowledge about this than me).... the chemicals in the Pill will not let the fertilized egg attach itself to the wall of the uterus and causes a menstrual cycle, aborting the egg. Thus, killing a forming baby.

Mateo el Feo
Posted

[quote name='Christina' date='Aug 5 2004, 01:38 AM']The Pill.... causes abortions. In a nut shell (correct me if I am wrong those of you with more knowledge about this than me).... the chemicals in the Pill will not let the fertilized egg attach itself to the wall of the uterus and causes a menstrual cycle, aborting the egg. Thus, killing a forming baby.[/quote]
Christina, you are right. Here's a quote from the Ortho Tri-Cyclen website [url="http://www.orthomcneil.com/products/pi/pdfs/cycltri.pdf"](link)[/url]:

[quote]Combination oral contraceptives act by suppression of gonadotropins. Although the primary mechanism of this action is inhibition of ovulation, other alterations include changes in the cervical mucus (which increase the difficulty of sperm entry into the uterus) [i]and the endometrium (which reduce the likelihood of implantation)[/i].[/quote]

(Italics are mine)

The pill affects the uterine wall in a way that makes it difficult for an embryo to implant.

Here's a relevant article called "The Facts of Life." [url="http://www.catholicexchange.com/vm/index.asp?vm_id=1&art_id=23035"](link)[/url].

Posted

No way. Unless you wanna get attacked.

franciscanheart
Posted

prolly not.... i like the more positive shirts....

Posted

A very good website all about the dangers of the Pill: [url="http://www.pilltruth.com"]http://www.pilltruth.com[/url] (run by one of the morality teachers at school, now our dean :D)

Posted

There was a review on the 7:30 Report [news] about that UK abortion doco that will be showing on the ABC, they showed some pictures of a fetus at certain weeks old, but didnt show what they do yet. Not until the doco shows. But Im fully Pro-Life now, just by seeing these ultras. pictures.

Ash Wednesday
Posted

I certainly would agree with the sentiment on the shirt, though people would probably sniff it off and associate it with being a "religious wacko". Of course some think the same thing with abortion shirts, anyway. The ironic thing is, the general public is not comfortable with abortion in the "going into the clinic" sense. But if you bring up the pill or the morning-after pill as also being abortions, people think you're *totally* nuts. Scary stuff.

If you're into stirring up the pot, by all means, wear it. I think it gets right to the point. :cool: Though I only think a limited audience (Christians, especially Catholics) would "get it"...

I have a bumper sticker on my car that says "Protect Human Life" and has the silhouette of a baby's head and an old man's head. I like the statement because it is holistic -- from womb to grave. :cool:

Posted

hey pham im back-

I voted maybe because im 13 and - idk if my parents would let me get it

but if i could get it i would deffinatly wear it.

Posted

In my humble and often flawed opinion...

This would be a tough sell for me. I mean, the reason the Abortion T-Shirts are good is because they remind people of a truth that they know and understand in their hearts. This is a more delicate issue - not that it isn't true. I firmly believe that it is (I firmly believe contraception to be an intrinsically evil act, and that use of the pill can and often does result in a first term abortion). But the contraception battle (i think) has to be fought on two fronts:

1. By promoting abstinence outside of marriage.
2. By promoting openness to life within marriage.

Contraception needs to be fought by emphasizing the positives, not the negatives. I would wear a shirt that says something like:

Children - NOT a sexually transmitted disease

or

I am a result of openness to life.

or the more clever:

Have Children! Housepets don't remember your birthday.

Often the best way to stop people from doing the wrong thing is by showing them how great doing the right thing is.

Cheers,

Dave :)

Posted

nice idears dave

Ash Wednesday
Posted

[quote]Have Children! Housepets don't remember your birthday.[/quote]

:rotfl:

1337 k4th0l1x0r
Posted

Whenever I'm a father and I have a big family, I want shirts that say:

"My 10 conservative children are going to out-vote your 2 liberal ones"

"I'm smarter than you. That's why I'm making sure to have more kids"

"We've got enough for a baseball team plus a relief pitcher"

Posted

10 Kids!!!!! Your Poor Wife..lol

Posted

[quote name='1337 k4th0l1x0r' date='Aug 5 2004, 11:59 AM']"My 10 conservative children are going to out-vote your 2 liberal ones"
[/quote]
:crackup: :idea: :thumb:

1337 k4th0l1x0r
Posted

[quote name='MorphRC' date='Aug 5 2004, 10:08 AM'] 10 Kids!!!!! Your Poor Wife..lol [/quote]
She'll be used to it by kid no. 4.

Posted

[quote name='mmmerf' date='Aug 5 2004, 11:49 AM']
Have Children! Housepets don't remember your birthday.

[/quote]
THe sad fact is, I know people who are choosing pets over kids. Yeep. Frankly I'd have higher expectations of my family than, y'know, fetch.

Posted

[quote name='1337 k4th0l1x0r' date='Aug 6 2004, 01:41 AM'] She'll be used to it by kid no. 4. [/quote]
:o with comments like that ull be lucky to get married :P

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...