Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Would You Buy/wear This Shirt....


Would you buy/wear this shirt?  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

daugher-of-Mary
Posted

[quote]"My 10 conservative children are going to out-vote your 2 liberal ones"[/quote]

what?? you're not aiming for the Catholic dozen? :P

1337 k4th0l1x0r
Posted

[quote name='daugher-of-Mary' date='Aug 5 2004, 10:24 AM']
what?? you're not aiming for the Catholic dozen? :P [/quote]
I was thinking of taking it easy on my wife. :D

Posted

I'd imagine he's aiming for it, but you have to plan for a couple of bad seeds, you know... I'd say planning on 10 kids out of 12 voting properly is a [i]conservative[/i] estimate... :D

Posted

I think a better shirt would be more specific, like "The Pill Kills... Do you?"

Or.. make a t-shirt mocking the Kill Bill movies, only have it say "Kill Pill". Then on the back have a statement about contraception.

Of course, I'm still working out my "Pro-Choice = Pro-Genocide" shirts.

Posted

[quote name='Christina' date='Aug 5 2004, 12:38 AM'] The Pill.... causes abortions. In a nut shell (correct me if I am wrong those of you with more knowledge about this than me).... the chemicals in the Pill will not let the fertilized egg attach itself to the wall of the uterus and causes a menstrual cycle, aborting the egg. Thus, killing a forming baby. [/quote]
Yeah, but then the egg was FERTILIZED and therefore the process of life began. Nothing began when you use contraception. No fertilization took place, therefore there was no life, therefore there was nothing to kill.

Posted

[quote name='Cesar624' date='Aug 5 2004, 01:19 PM'] Yeah, but then the egg was FERTILIZED and therefore the process of life began. Nothing began when you use contraception. No fertilization took place, therefore there was no life, therefore there was nothing to kill. [/quote]
Ah, no.

The pill works to prevent fertilization, but is not 100% successful in doing that. When fertilization does occur, the pill serves to make the uterus a hostile environment for the embryo, resulting in its death. The pill serves as a partial contraceptive and partial abortifacient. Hence, in many, many cases, its use results in the death of children. It's just, mom doesn't know that when it happens.

But not knowing doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

Posted

[quote name='1337 k4th0l1x0r' date='Aug 5 2004, 10:59 AM'] "My 10 conservative children are going to out-vote your 2 liberal ones"

"I'm smarter than you. That's why I'm making sure to have more kids"

"We've got enough for a baseball team plus a relief pitcher" [/quote]
:crackup: I want one of those!!!


[quote] She'll be used to it by kid no. 4.[/quote]

This is true. I know someone who is pregnant with kid #10, and she doesn't bat an eyelash. Pray for her though, she's had several miscarriages. :sadder:

franciscanheart
Posted

hahahahahahaha Dave is crackin me up in this thread. I love it!

and the housepets thing.... HAH

SevenSorrows
Posted

[quote name='Cesar624' date='Aug 5 2004, 09:19 AM'] Yeah, but then the egg was FERTILIZED and therefore the process of life began. Nothing began when you use contraception. No fertilization took place, therefore there was no life, therefore there was nothing to kill. [/quote]
You need to learn more about the pill. The pill works in a few ways. One, it tricks the body into thinking that it is pregnant so it hopefully won't ovulate. Next, if the woman does ovulate then the walls of the uterous are weakened, so the baby slides right out in the toilet and dies. One way you know the pill doesn't alway prevent ovulation, is that all the women who said...."it wasn't planned, I was on the pill"...but the reason they made the pill weaken the uterous is because it really isn't that effective, so when the woman still does ovulate the baby is killed, but hey at least you didn't know you were pregnant.
One study shows that a woman ovulates 3 times a year while on the pill, so that could mean a woman could kill 3 babies a year.

1337 k4th0l1x0r
Posted

I come from a non-Catholic family, but my Mom had a grand total of 5 kids. I was no. 4 and she was a believer in natural childbirth. She told me that the nurses had never seen a baby born as energetic as I was. She speaks of giving birth to 5 kids in a way that sounds much easier than most mothers having 2 kids with typical labors with lots of pain killers.

SevenSorrows
Posted

[quote name='MorphRC' date='Aug 5 2004, 08:08 AM'] 10 Kids!!!!! Your Poor Wife..lol [/quote]
Poor wife???? You mean abundantly blessed wife. What could be better than 10 kids, well besides 11,12, 13....

Oh I know what could be better 10 cars, 10 boats, 10 vacations.....yay contraception mentality.

Kids are a blessing, not a burdon. What true woman would not be humbled to have that many.?

franciscanheart
Posted

thats awesome

SevenSorrows
Posted

I know an understand what all you guys are saying...thanx for writing back so far. I have just never seen any anti-contraception shirts, andn contraception is the downfall of our country, but not many people (well except good catholics) truly understand this.
Yes the shirt may be offensive, but maybe it will get a person to wake up. They may think it is stupid, but maybe it will make them think. I bet their are tons of women who are on the pill and are anti-abortion and totally have no idea that they are killing their kids. Maybe a shirt like this could save lives.

Posted

[quote name='SevenSorrows' date='Aug 5 2004, 02:25 PM'] Poor wife???? You mean abundantly blessed wife. What could be better than 10 kids, well besides 11,12, 13....
[/quote]
I think they were referring to having to go through labor and delivery 10 times. Good gracious. [s]I'd be looking into medical breakthroughs involving velcro by that point.[/s]

Dave :) (Showing appropriate use of the strikethrough font!)

franciscanheart
Posted

haha good job Dave

1337 k4th0l1x0r
Posted

What do liberals use as contraception?










Their personalities!

franciscanheart
Posted

hey 1337 post these on the JOKE THREAD haha coughlosercough i keed i keed

Posted

[quote name='SevenSorrows' date='Aug 5 2004, 02:25 PM'] Poor wife???? You mean abundantly blessed wife. What could be better than 10 kids, well besides 11,12, 13....

Oh I know what could be better 10 cars, 10 boats, 10 vacations.....yay contraception mentality.

Kids are a blessing, not a burdon. What true woman would not be humbled to have that many.? [/quote]
Dude, chill out! :cool:

Nobody was saying that children are a bad thing.

Going through 90 months of pregnancy and enduring labor 10 times CANNOT be easy. :blink: Even after birth, it's not exactly a walk in the park to care for 10 children.

I'm not saying that having 10 kids is a bad thing, I'm just saying a comment like "your poor wife" isn't an attack on life.

Posted

[quote name='mmmerf' date='Aug 5 2004, 12:29 PM'] [s]I'd be looking into medical breakthroughs involving velcro by that point.[/s]

Dave :) (Showing appropriate use of the strikethrough font!) [/quote]
This reminds me of what my uncle/Godfather said when he heard about the difficult birth of my second child which resulted in my second c-section: "Well, they can just put a zipper on her now!"

IcePrincessKRS
Posted (edited)

[quote name='MorphRC' date='Aug 5 2004, 11:08 AM'] 10 Kids!!!!! Your Poor Wife..lol [/quote]
My mom has 12..... Labor is the easy part, its the 9 months before that that are killer (well, for me the 9 months is the hard part at any rate, any other moms who have experienced different can feel free to add their 2 cents, too :)). lol

Edited by IcePrincessKRS

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...