Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Would You Buy/wear This Shirt....


Would you buy/wear this shirt?  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

1337 k4th0l1x0r
Posted

I figure 10 is a good number. 10 kids plus my wife plus myself equals 12, so we can get dozens when it comes to just about everything. :D

Posted

[quote name='curtins' date='Aug 5 2004, 11:47 AM'] hey pham im back-

I voted maybe because im 13 and - idk if my parents would let me get it

but if i could get it i would deffinatly wear it. [/quote]
yeah, people would get the wrong idea if they saw teens wearing it. I dunno. I think it'd be better for some of you older ones. :D :P

Posted

[quote name='1337 k4th0l1x0r' date='Aug 5 2004, 11:59 AM'] Whenever I'm a father and I have a big family, I want shirts that say:

"My 10 conservative children are going to out-vote your 2 liberal ones"

"I'm smarter than you. That's why I'm making sure to have more kids"

"We've got enough for a baseball team plus a relief pitcher" [/quote]
:rotfl:

Those were great Jay :rolling:

Especially the first one

SevenSorrows
Posted

[quote name='p0lar_bear' date='Aug 5 2004, 10:56 AM'] Dude, chill out! :cool:

Nobody was saying that children are a bad thing.

Going through 90 months of pregnancy and enduring labor 10 times CANNOT be easy. :blink: Even after birth, it's not exactly a walk in the park to care for 10 children.

I'm not saying that having 10 kids is a bad thing, I'm just saying a comment like "your poor wife" isn't an attack on life. [/quote]
I somewhat understand what you are saying, but that is the point, that we are in such a sad society that someone would even consider saying "poor wife" in regards to 10 kids. Women were made to have children, to be fruitful and multiply, if we all lived out Gods plan, probably most of us would all have 10-20 brothers and sisters and we would say "poor wife" to a lady who only had 5 kids.

We have been married 3 years with 2 kids. My wife likes being pregnant, yeah birth is hard, but is it worth even considering not having a kid because of a few hours or days of pain? Yeah it's not a walk in the park taking care of 10 kids, it is a walk in heaven. It may have hard times, but the good would soooo outweigh the bad.

would you say "poor priest" to the priest who did 10 hours of confession a day, or "poor woman" to mother theresa with working with the poor? our suffering is a gift from God and we should never be considered "poor" when God blesses us with his gifts. You should say "blessed woman". And why would you automatically think of the band when you hear of 10 kids, instead of looking at the good? That is how sad our society has us brainwashed right now. How many other jobs do you think of the bad first....like your friend says, "I'm a firefigher" and you say, "Oh man poor you, you could die."

and my wife just said to add...."the delivery is the biggest high and the most happy thing you could ever feel."

franciscanheart
Posted

aaaaaaaaaah it wasnt like that. bleh

Posted

I would wear the shirt.

because it does kill.


[quote]would you say "poor priest" to the priest who did 10 hours of confession a day, or "poor woman" to mother theresa with working with the poor? our suffering is a gift from God and we should never be considered "poor" when God blesses us with his gifts. You should say "blessed woman". And why would you automatically think of the band when you hear of 10 kids, instead of looking at the good? That is how sad our society has us brainwashed right now. How many other jobs do you think of the bad first....like your friend says, "I'm a firefigher" and you say, "Oh man poor you, you could die."[/quote]

very true. Instead of maybe saying lighten up, our society does need to re-evalutate how we look at things, especially in regards to life. Personally, I wouldn't want someone telling me "Poor Wife" even in jest when I have 10 kids. Being the Hispanic girl I am, I would throw a chankla at them on the way out. :irate:

It's too easy to joke, even if we don't mean anything by it than to support a good BIG Catholic family. I have a family of 6 brothers and sisters, and there are just TOO MANY jokes about the size of our family. Show some love and support to the big families. Don't hate, appreciate! :cool:

Posted

WOW! So much convo since 8 yrs ago..lol

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...