Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

*** Attention Admin ***


Recommended Posts

cmotherofpirl
Posted

I think Morph is trying very hard to come back to the Church, so I think he could at least be a phatmasser again.

A reward for good behavior :D

Posted

believed in God - but was confused about to what he is. WAS

Posted
:mellow: are you suggesting Morph is not Catholic?

i'm sorry, but on a website all you have to go by is what they say. he says things always trying to be faithful to Church teaching here.

he was Catholic and then he renounced his faith, but his conscience caught up with him and he saw a priest and returned to the Church! is there any evidence that he is not Catholic now? you can't assume someone who continually posts trying to defend Church Teachings which he believes in somehow doesn't live it. waht, will it be a requirement that everyone proove that they're Catholic by posting evidence of good works they do and the good way they live their lives?

i say require him to make a confession of faith and then take the non-Catholic title off of him.
Posted

" I feel more comfortable knowing that phatmass' resources are used in ways that are out in the open. The PM and e-mail options are a privilege to those members who are not opposed to the church."

Is that a joke...? a privelage for Catholics only?... I dont completely agree with that... it doesnt feel so good to be a higher class than prots :(

Posted

[quote name='dUSt' date='Aug 10 2004, 01:37 PM'] The PM and e-mail options are a [b]privilege[/b] to those members who are not opposed to the church. [/quote]
...like parking at the Vatican.

Posted

[quote name='musturde' date='Aug 10 2004, 11:47 AM'] " I feel more comfortable knowing that phatmass' resources are used in ways that are out in the open. The PM and e-mail options are a privilege to those members who are not opposed to the church."

Is that a joke...? a privelage for Catholics only?... I dont completely agree with that... it doesnt feel so great to be a higher class than prots :( [/quote]
i don't know if you remember, but....

there was a problem with non-Catholics PM'ing Catholics, giving them a harsh time, or if the Catholic was questioning something, the non-Catholics were trying to get them to leave the Church.

i don't remember names, though.

maybe that's what dUSt is trying to avoid.

cmotherofpirl
Posted

Musturde some non-catholics and such were using Pm and emails to try to sway new converts OUT of the Church. So those features are no longer accessible to those outside the Church.

Posted

Public Profession, i dont know if its totally required, but atleast it will prove my loyalty now, in real-time and not words on a page which can be baseless.

Ill be back in 11-12hrs.

On paltalk. Better bring an official there, so they dont think they get conned. Pick what u want said, or I will.

thx

RandomProddy
Posted

[quote name='Lil Red' date='Aug 10 2004, 07:50 PM'] there was a problem with non-Catholics PM'ing Catholics, giving them a harsh time, or if the Catholic was questioning something, the non-Catholics were trying to get them to leave the Church. [/quote]
I've never done that nor would I presume.

RandomProddy
Posted

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' date='Aug 10 2004, 07:52 PM'] Musturde some non-catholics and such were using Pm and emails to try to sway new converts OUT of the Church. So those features are no longer accessible to those outside the Church. [/quote]
But of course it works both ways. Now no-one can privately council me into becoming Roman Catholic.

Posted

oh... thnx for clearing it up dudez

cmotherofpirl
Posted

Random no one would ever think you would do such a thing, you are a gentleman.

RandomProddy
Posted

[quote name='musturde' date='Aug 10 2004, 07:56 PM'] u can enter the vatican if ur anti Catholic. [/quote]
Indeed. Queen Elizabeth II was invited to the Vatican by the Pope and took up the offer.

Posted

Tsk, tsk, Random....you know she's not anti Catholic....in fact I bet if she could she would be joining many of us ex Anglicans!!!!!! ;) :D

RandomProddy
Posted (edited)

[quote name='Ellenita' date='Aug 10 2004, 08:00 PM'] Tsk, tsk, Random....you know she's not anti Catholic....in fact I bet if she could she would be joining many of us ex Anglicans!!!!!!  ;)  :D [/quote]

I know she's not anti-Catholic, but I know of a few people here who think any group that isn't in communion with the Bishop of Rome is anti-Catholic. There is one recent thread in particular in debates. I'd send you the link but...

Anyway, It would certainly be interesting if we restored the link to the Vatican :)

I just think it's a shame I can't PM, that's all. I can understand the upload thing (I have my own webserver so I don't mind :D) but it's a shame about the PM bit. I lost a load of PM's between me and Ellenita, but such is life..

Edited by RandomProddy
Fiat_Voluntas_Tua
Posted

MorphRC, has done a ton for the Apologetics board...dUSt, you should talk to PhatCatholic about this. Also if MorphRC is now in Full Communion with the Roman Catholic Church don't you think he deserves to at least be a "Phatmasser" instead of "Non-Catholic"... I mean He is part of the Body of Christ.

Ave Maria,

Andy

Posted

Can we still send PM's to people in the non Catholic group even though they can't PM us or has it been removed completely? :unsure:

RandomProddy
Posted

[quote name='Ellenita' date='Aug 10 2004, 08:20 PM'] Can we still send PM's to people in the non Catholic group even though they can't PM us or has it been removed completely? :unsure: [/quote]
Hope so, that's at least one consolation.

homeschoolmom
Posted

[quote name='RandomProddy' date='Aug 10 2004, 01:46 PM'] Hope so, that's at least one consolation. [/quote]
I've tried to pm people who are in the Non-Catholic group, including you RP... no success... :(

Posted

Why would the little message box still be at the bottom on Random's info then?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...