An Old School Catholic Message Board

'adoptive Family `must Be Lesbians'

MorphRC

[b]'Adoptive family `must be lesbians'

18aug04[/b]

LONDON: Social workers in Britain are demanding that two children are adopted by a lesbian couple, because their mother was involved in a same-sex relationship.

The pair – a girl of two and boy of three – have been living happily with heterosexual foster parents for more than a year.

But social workers are now insisting they be returned to the same "environment" that they experienced as infants.

The Labour council behind the move was accused of "barmy" political correctness. They said the case highlighted how the adoption system was still being twisted by social workers' ambitions to reconstruct society.

Britain has seen an explosion in gay adoption since it became legal 18 months ago. In some parts of the country, rates have reached one in six adoptions. The case was being heard yesterday in a Family Proceedings Court in London after months of legal wrangling.

A lesbian couple are the preferred choice of social services at Greenwich Council in south-east London. A social worker has sought at least two lesbian couples who would be prepared to take on the children. Others, however, would like to see the pair placed with a heterosexual family. The children were born to different fathers before their mother started a lesbian relationship.

:huh: :huh:

homeschoolmom

That is absolutely rediculous... What if the environment that they came from was filled with child molesters and drug addicts? Do we seek out that kind of new environment? What next...?

OK, here we go:

[url="http://www.townhall.com/columnists/kathleenparker/kp20040703.shtml"]Kathleen Parker on "Same-sex marriage and the disposal of fatherhood"[/url]

is england a total secular state? or does a Church have some kind of say? mind u if its the anglican or epios that wouldnt matter.

Edited by MorphRC

:scratch:

I hope we never adopt that kind of adoption in the states. That is just sad. How are those children going to learn what it is like to have both parents? Have any of you lady's gone shopping with your Dads? or Any of you gents been made to do something you don't ordinarily do with you Moms?

I firmly believe that every kid needs a Mom and a Dad. And I know what I am talking about too!

My Mother died when I was twelve. And My Dad may do an exelent job of taking her place, but there are just some things Dad's aren't made to do. There are also things Mom's weren't built to do either.

CatG

Edited by Cat Germ