Aloysius Posted August 19, 2004 Posted August 19, 2004 strait couples who have had other sexual relationships besides with their spouse have a high divorce rate homosexuality is always paired with promiscuity, even in commited gay relationships they don't only sleep with each other generally it is inherent to the homosexual lifestyle, it is not inherent to the monogamous strait lifestyle
Thy Geekdom Come Posted August 19, 2004 Posted August 19, 2004 [quote name='Aloysius' date='Aug 19 2004, 01:19 PM'] strait couples who have had other sexual relationships besides with their spouse have a high divorce rate homosexuality is always paired with promiscuity, even in commited gay relationships they don't only sleep with each other generally it is inherent to the homosexual lifestyle, it is not inherent to the monogamous strait lifestyle [/quote] Amen. I was curious what Al would say.
homeschoolmom Posted August 19, 2004 Posted August 19, 2004 [quote name='Raphael' date='Aug 19 2004, 12:20 PM'] Amen. I was curious what Al would say. [/quote] me, too...
theculturewarrior Posted August 19, 2004 Posted August 19, 2004 The U.S. state-run orphanage system is SOOOOOO horrible, with so many rules, and so much bureaucracy! :mad: One day, these kids are going to need representation. :angry:
Thy Geekdom Come Posted August 19, 2004 Posted August 19, 2004 [quote name='theculturewarrior' date='Aug 19 2004, 02:53 PM'] The U.S. state-run orphange system is SOOOOOO horrible, with so many rules, and so much bueaucracy! :mad: One day, these kids are going to need representation. :angry: [/quote] Another reason I like the faith-based initiative. I doubt there is much opposition here to that. Such a program would help to fund places like Boys Town, which are VERY highly effective.
Sojourner Posted August 19, 2004 Posted August 19, 2004 I thought about being a lawyer for a while, even took the LSAT and everything, but then decided I like writing about the law more than practicing the law. Maybe someday I'll get to write about you, TCW.
theculturewarrior Posted August 19, 2004 Posted August 19, 2004 I plan on making waves. I'll get those bad guys! :mad:
MorphRC Posted August 20, 2004 Author Posted August 20, 2004 Its what Secularism does. Dont u love man-made systems! I do!
Crusader_4 Posted August 20, 2004 Posted August 20, 2004 One thing that ticks me off is that a couple who is infertile and have always wanted a child is denied because a lesbian couple who is due to natural law and all moral reason not able to have a child gets one when this poor couple doesnt. Hail Mary Full of Grace The Lord is with thee Blessed are thou amongst women and Blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus Holy Mary Mother of God pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death.
picchick Posted August 20, 2004 Posted August 20, 2004 [quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Aug 18 2004, 08:46 AM'] That is absolutely rediculous... What if the environment that they came from was filled with child molesters and drug addicts? Do we seek out that kind of new environment? What next...? [/quote] I agree. I think that the social worker wants to be politically correct. Homosexuals I guess you can say are the minority of society. All of a sudden we have to cater to them because they get made fun of get jokes made about them, and because they are "different" and there are alot of people who are against it. Putting children into a lesbian or gay enviroment is dangerous. A child needs both the mother and the father because each gives the child something that is harder for the other to give. Even in divorce cases the child sees his mother and father at some point in time. Widow/widowers cases different all together. It isn't like two women or two men. Basically, it is distorted. Yeah, I probably am not making any sense. It's 7:00 am here. I'll look at my post later and think...what the heck is that girl saying??? O.k. I am done.
cmotherofpirl Posted August 20, 2004 Posted August 20, 2004 Pic you are making a lot of sense this morning. After my husband left, I made sure my sons were in Boy Scouts and my daughter was in karate, both filled with strong male role modals. It wasn't the same as having a father, but it helped tremendously.
Ellenita Posted August 21, 2004 Posted August 21, 2004 [quote]is england a total secular state? or does a Church have some kind of say? [/quote] The Anglican church most certainly has a say since the bishops sit in the House of Lords thus having a direct say in UK legislation. However, they are unlikely to challenge anything regarding policy affecting gay people at present given that they are still trying to calm the waves made within the world wide Anglican community over the appointment in the US of the openly gay bishop! The increasingly secularisation of a country which has formal ties between church and state is concerning - however 'liberal' the Anglican church may appear to be, it is still identified as being a voice of Christianity. I wonder what people of other faiths (or no faith at all) make of the recent developments in terms of easier access to abortions by teenage girls, embryolic stem cell research, 'back door' euthansia and so on which is currently happening in the UK. I'm beginning to no longer recognise it as Christian country....or maybe I'm just getting old and looking at the past through 'rose coloured spectacles'! [quote]homosexuality is always paired with promiscuity, even in commited gay relationships they don't only sleep with each other generally it is inherent to the homosexual lifestyle, it is not inherent to the monogamous strait lifestyle [/quote] Al, there may be evidence that gay men lead a more promiscuous lifestyle while even in 'committed gay relationships', but it's not entirely the case with gay women, which the article in this thread refers to!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now