An Old School Catholic Message Board

'adoptive Family `must Be Lesbians'

MorphRC

One thing that ticks me off is that a couple who is infertile and have always wanted a child is denied because a lesbian couple who is due to natural law and all moral reason not able to have a child gets one when this poor couple doesnt.

Hail Mary Full of Grace
The Lord is with thee
Blessed are thou amongst women
and Blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus
Holy Mary Mother of God pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death.

[quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Aug 18 2004, 08:46 AM'] That is absolutely rediculous... What if the environment that they came from was filled with child molesters and drug addicts? Do we seek out that kind of new environment? What next...? [/quote]
I agree. I think that the social worker wants to be politically correct. Homosexuals I guess you can say are the minority of society. All of a sudden we have to cater to them because they get made fun of get jokes made about them, and because they are "different" and there are alot of people who are against it.

Putting children into a lesbian or gay enviroment is dangerous. A child needs both the mother and the father because each gives the child something that is harder for the other to give. Even in divorce cases the child sees his mother and father at some point in time. Widow/widowers cases different all together. It isn't like two women or two men.

Basically, it is distorted.

Yeah, I probably am not making any sense. It's 7:00 am here. I'll look at my post later and think...what the heck is that girl saying??? O.k. I am done.

cmotherofpirl

Pic you are making a lot of sense this morning.

After my husband left, I made sure my sons were in Boy Scouts and my daughter was in karate, both filled with strong male role modals. It wasn't the same as having a father, but it helped tremendously.

[quote]is england a total secular state? or does a Church have some kind of say?  [/quote]

The Anglican church most certainly has a say since the bishops sit in the House of Lords thus having a direct say in UK legislation. However, they are unlikely to challenge anything regarding policy affecting gay people at present given that they are still trying to calm the waves made within the world wide Anglican community over the appointment in the US of the openly gay bishop!

The increasingly secularisation of a country which has formal ties between church and state is concerning - however 'liberal' the Anglican church may appear to be, it is still identified as being a voice of Christianity. I wonder what people of other faiths (or no faith at all) make of the recent developments in terms of easier access to abortions by teenage girls, embryolic stem cell research, 'back door' euthansia and so on which is currently happening in the UK.

I'm beginning to no longer recognise it as Christian country....or maybe I'm just getting old and looking at the past through 'rose coloured spectacles'! :unsure:

[quote]homosexuality is always paired with promiscuity, even in commited gay relationships they don't only sleep with each other generally

it is inherent to the homosexual lifestyle, it is not inherent to the monogamous strait lifestyle [/quote]

Al, there may be evidence that gay men lead a more promiscuous lifestyle while even in 'committed gay relationships', but it's not entirely the case with gay women, which the article in this thread refers to!