An Old School Catholic Message Board

Am I Being Shallow?

shelly_freak

[quote name='Raphael' date='Sep 3 2004, 01:53 PM'] You failed miserably.

You must select one of the [b][i]provided[/i][/b] answers. Try again. [/quote]
I'd have to go with :cyclops:

:P

theculturewarrior

Everybody's shallow there first year of college. I was shallow until I came to a point where I was routinely rejected by every new person I met. Now I know better.

One comment though...

Most guys can't take a hint. We need things spelled out for us. Some times it's better to break hearts sooner than later. :)

homeschoolmom

[quote name='voiciblanche' date='Sep 3 2004, 11:54 AM'] :lol:

No comment. I normally don't pay much attention to the appearances of nineteen-year-old boys. :P :lol: [/quote]
:hehe: me either.

i feel like im taking crzy pills

You guys are awesome. Look at it this way: Everyone is pretty in God's eyes... :D

But that must really discourage you for getting rejected by every new person you met... :(

shelly, I think it's normal for most people to be more inclined to say yes if the person asking is attractive. Yes, I think it's shallow, and I can say that because I myself am trying to get over that...

Yet attractiveness + good character + brains = hard to find :P and it's not worth it.

Since there are other things (like age) that bug you, you decide...but basing a decision solely on looks is all too common :( and really not worth it

Thy Geekdom Come

I think I would prefer an intelligent and humble girl with a wacky sense of humor more than a gorgeous girl who won't follow God.

It's easier to love a person you've never seen, though.

Perhaps this is the reason that I have developed crushes on several friends over the internet.

:unsure:

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='StColette' date='Sep 3 2004, 01:04 PM'] hehe Micah don't forget about accents !! [/quote]
And pwease.

I think it's impossible "to love" a person over the Internet :rolling:

I mean such a big part of knowing someone is...I dunno, knowing someone, being with someone, talking with someone...but it's pretty cool how over the Internet you end up developing friendships with people you'd probably never have approached in "real life" :cool:

theculturewarrior

[quote name='i_feel_like_im_taking_crzy_pills' date='Sep 3 2004, 11:58 AM'] You guys are awesome. Look at it this way: Everyone is pretty in God's eyes... :D

But that must really discourage you for getting rejected by every new person you met... :( [/quote]
I was kind of exaggerating.

Love is on what B.F. Skinner would have called a variable interval schedule. The most addictive form of operant conditioning.

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='VeraMaria' date='Sep 3 2004, 01:06 PM'] I think it's impossible "to love" a person over the Internet :rolling:

I mean such a big part of knowing someone is...I dunno, knowing someone, being with someone, talking with someone...but it's pretty cool how over the Internet you end up developing friendships with people you'd probably never have approached in "real life" :cool: [/quote]
I think you can love people over the internet...at least in the Christian way. I love you, Vera, and Jen, and Colleen, and TCW, and even Jacob. You're my phamily. I love you all in Christ.

I hate Phazzan though.

Just kidding! :P I love you too, Phazzan, buddy!

;)

:lol:

homeschoolmom

[quote name='theculturewarrior' date='Sep 3 2004, 12:06 PM'] I was kind of exaggerating.

Love is on what B.F. Skinner would have called a variable interval schedule. The most addictive form of operant conditioning. [/quote]
thank you for the scientific opinion, Dr. Skinner... will you now be putting Raphael in a cage with wire mesh "humans" to see if is able to love or not?

theculturewarrior

[quote name='Raphael' date='Sep 3 2004, 12:02 PM'] I think I would prefer an intelligent and humble girl with a wacky sense of humor more than a gorgeous girl who won't follow God.

It's easier to love a person you've never seen, though.

Perhaps this is the reason that I have developed crushes on several friends over the internet.

:unsure: [/quote]
I would rather date someone who isn't shallow. I don't think it sinfully shallow to put a pretty face on someone you love, but I would rather date someone who is a little pretty and deep than someone who is shallow and gorgeous. But that's probably because I know who I am and what I look like. :)