An Old School Catholic Message Board

Am I Being Shallow?

shelly_freak

[quote name='Raphael' date='Sep 3 2004, 02:09 PM'] I think you can love people over the internet...at least in the Christian way. I love you, Vera, and Jen, and Colleen, and TCW, and even Jacob. You're my phamily. I love you all in Christ. [/quote]
Of course!!!

It's just that some friends ended up developing crushes on people they talk to whom live in like..Maine and Alabama :blink: :blink: :blink:

And how you can develop a crush on someone you've never met is beyond me...oh well.

[quote]and even Jacob[/quote]

[quote]
I hate Phazzan though.[/quote]

I have to admit that this surprised me :P :ph34r:

we all gotta love Phazzany... :rolleyes:

theculturewarrior

[quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Sep 3 2004, 12:10 PM'] thank you for the scientific opinion, Dr. Skinner... will you now be putting Raphael in a cage with wire mesh "humans" to see if is able to love or not? [/quote]
The idea appeals to me, but it would be more of a phun thing to do than an experiment.

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='VeraMaria' date='Sep 3 2004, 01:13 PM']
It's just that some friends ended up developing crushes on people they talk to whom live in like..Maine and Alabama :blink: :blink: :blink:

And how you can develop a crush on someone you've never met is beyond me...oh well.
[/quote]
You develop an attraction to the qualities (humor, morals, faith, etc.) you perceive in your conversations, if you've seen a picture you can form an attraction to their looks as well.... Then you meet and if they aren't what you expect you never talk to them again and if they are what you expect you get married... isn't that how people find their spouses online? lol

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' date='Sep 3 2004, 02:23 PM'] You develop an attraction to the qualities (humor, morals, faith, etc.) you perceive in your conversations, if you've seen a picture you can form an attraction to their looks as well.... Then you meet and if they aren't what you expect you never talk to them again and if they are what you expect you get married... isn't that how people find their spouses online? lol [/quote]
I guess...

I still don't get how my friends could develop crushes on people they've never met before (I mean theyre the distance between FL and Maine apart, lol) but :rolleyes:

IcePrincessKRS

Yeah, I don't really get it either. Matt and I had a long distance relationship so much of our communication was done in e-mails and on the phone, but we MET in person first and he actually came to visit me pretty much every other month.

But there are people out there who meet people online, fall in love, get married.... I don't know how they do it, but they do. I know a few of them. I still don't get it.

[quote name='Raphael' date='Sep 3 2004, 12:09 PM'] I think you can love people over the internet...at least in the Christian way. I love you, Vera, and Jen, and Colleen, and TCW, and [b]even Jacob. [/b] You're my phamily. I love you all in Christ. [/quote]
You feeling okay there Miach?

i feel like im taking crzy pills

Okay, so, the whole time the phorum was down, I was thinking about this thread... okay, we all know I have no life. I guess it's okay to have feelings for people over the internet, but the way people are online and act in real life can be totally different. Believe me, I know. In person, I am a totally whacky person with a lot of energy and a wacky sense of humor, but online, I am pretty mellow... most of the time, anyways. Love is awesome. It kicks ass. Depends how you look at it tho. I don't remember what I was going to say next, but when I remember... I will post it! Bye guys! :)

CreepyCrawler

i think it's kind of shallow to judge a person by what they look like, but if you felt like he was asking on a 'date' rather than hanging out, you have every right to say no. it's easier if you preface any answer with, only if we're going as friends and nothing more. than no one has anything to worry about since no one cares what their friends look like. i think people freak out about people's looks when they are potential dates than when they are just friends. does that make sense? :huh: didn't think so.

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Iacobus' date='Sep 3 2004, 06:43 PM'] You feeling okay there Miach? [/quote]
Positively wonderful.

[quote name='Raphael' date='Sep 3 2004, 12:09 PM'] I think you can love people over the internet...at least in the Christian way. I love you, Vera, and Jen, and Colleen, and TCW, and even Jacob. You're my phamily. I love you all in Christ.
[/quote]
Love ya too Micah ^_^