An Old School Catholic Message Board

Voting For Kerry

flip

I agree, i do not want anyone who supports abortion in ANY CASE to get my vote.

If the Kerry voters have to confession for supporting abortion, so do the bush voters (for supporting abortion in some cases)

I want to make a write in for the Pope

Guest Aluigi

no, because to vote for bush is to vote for making it BETTER than it is now. that's not evil, that's GOOD.

I wouldn't be too sure Kerry's gonna do better for our country economically either. you think bush is for big gov't'? Kerry's for even bigger gov't'

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='flip' date='Oct 5 2004, 03:29 AM'] I agree, i do not want anyone who supports abortion in ANY CASE to get my vote.

If the Kerry voters have to confession for supporting abortion, so do the bush voters (for supporting abortion in some cases)

I want to make a write in for the Pope [/quote]
Nope.

Kerry is disquaified by his "slice and dice for any reason stance' and the fact he claims to be catholic. He is a public scandal for the Catholic Church.
I do not even consider him a candidate and I happen to be a registered Democrat. :)

I will vote for President Bush. Voting for the Holy Father is a waste of a good vote since he is not a viable candidate.

[quote name='flip' date='Oct 5 2004, 01:29 AM'] I agree, i do not want anyone who supports abortion in ANY CASE to get my vote.

I want to make a write in for the Pope [/quote]
Cardinal Ratzinger actually wrote something that says it's okay for you to vote for Bush, pretty much because he's the lesser of two evils, and we're always supposed to minimize the evil done as Catholics. :)

Guest Aluigi

think of it this way: the way the situation is is evil. there's a fork in the road, Kerry's way faces deeper into the evil we've gotten ourselves into, and Bush's way faces towards the good.

but why put your vote behind something that is evil as abortion? bush and kerry support abortion. One in all cases, the other in some cases...

by voting for Bush, you are voting for "slicing and dicing" babies! You are voting for ABORTION in some cases! You are voting for the slaying of innocent lives! How can a Catholic do THAT!??!?!?!

Do we not see the ultimate evil in ABORTION?

if we vote for kerry, we vote for aboriton.
if we vote for bush, we vote for abortion.

Edited by flip

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='flip' date='Oct 6 2004, 01:03 PM'] but why put your vote behind something that is evil as abortion? bush and kerry support abortion. One in all cases, the other in some cases...

by voting for Bush, you are voting for "slicing and dicing" babies! You are voting for ABORTION in some cases! You are voting for the slaying of innocent lives! How can a Catholic do THAT!??!?!?!

Do we not see the ultimate evil in ABORTION?

if we vote for kerry, we vote for aboriton.
if we vote for bush, we vote for abortion. [/quote]
No, if we vote for Bush, we vote against abortion because, in practicality, Bush is the best hope for the ultimate end of abortion in this election.

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' date='Oct 4 2004, 04:08 PM'] The Church has not condemned all war or all death penalty, it has condemned all abortion. [/quote]
That's funny. In the Old Testament, God seems to be all for war and the death penalty, and I don't recall God saying that the death penalty was abolished in the New Testament.

Edited by ICTHUS

Guest Aluigi

ICTHUS, you realize you're affirming CMOM's statement? It sounded like you were agreeing with her in a tone that made it sound like you disagreed with her. The Church has NOT condemned all war or the death penalty. Really? he wasn't agaisnt war and the death penalty in the OT... lol

Guest Aluigi

God supports ALL WAR? wow.. that's nuts. So God supported Hitler invading Poland? God would support it if a country right now just invaded a weaker country and enslaved it's people? certainly not, therefore God does not support all wars.

toledo_jesus

flip, we don't live in an ideal world where the best and holiest men are in positions of power and only good will be done. We live in a world that is rife with evil and death...we have to judge who is closer to the mark. Even if he falls short, he's better than the other choice. Bush is better than Kerry because he is less supportive of abortion. It's a hard situation, but an easy decision. Think like a general of an army...you take casualties to accomplish or further your campaign. This is a step in the right direction. Lessening the amount of murder is a step towards ending the murder.

Trust that God will sort it all out in the end. For now we have to struggle against what the world tells us.

Guest Aluigi

if you're standing in a pile of manure, it is a good thing to take one step out of it first. if you try to jump out, both feet at the same time, you are more likely to fall flat on your face.

we are in a pile of manure (legalized baby murder)
to vote for bush would be to put one foot out
to vote for kerry would be to stay in and sink deeper
to vote for a third party who is 100% against abortion would be to fall flat on your face (you've really made no impact)

I personally think our best course of action is to take a step out.

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='Aluigi' date='Oct 6 2004, 06:45 PM'] God supports ALL WAR? wow.. that's nuts. So God supported Hitler invading Poland? God would support it if a country right now just invaded a weaker country and enslaved it's people? certainly not, therefore God does not support all wars. [/quote]
I don't think Iacobus was referring to war AND the death penalty, I think he just meant the death penalty. The first post confused me a little, too, but in his second post he only mentions the death penalty. If I'm wrong I'm sure he'll clarify, but thats how I understood his statements.