An Old School Catholic Message Board

Vote Kerry . . .

Good Friday

[quote name='ironmonk' date='Oct 27 2004, 11:10 AM'] :rolling: :rotfl: :thatsfunny:

I just want to point out one more thing... isn't it funny how the left always complains about something then turns around and does it?

Case in point... this very thread. Here is a leftist person that complained about me posting about Bush and why kerry shouldn't be voted for in regards to Christian values.

Not only is he posting about political stuff - oh, it's because it's election time (he says to try to justify doing what he complained about), and a month or two ago had nothing to do with election time... LOL - Not only is he posting about political stuff that he complained vehemently when I did - why? because it was Bush... he is posting untruths. Don't take my word for it, just do a search of news with one of the candidates names and keywords... for example; kerry is not personally apposed to abortion - according to what Kerry told planned parenthood.

The left only believe in freedom of speech when it benefits them... if we disagree, then they want to shut us up. Actions speak louder than words nate, and yours are screaming. Thank you for proving me right, yet again. [/quote]
You noticed that too huh? :rolleyes:

There are people running around the town tearing down Bush/Cheney signs and throwing them in front of the Republican headquarters. Oh but if Kerry signs were torn down, we would be violating the lefts freedom of speech <_<

Summary:

1. The Supreme Court determines if Roe vs Wade will be overturned.

2. There is a greater than good chance that new Supreme Court judges will be appointed by the next president.

3. Kerry has promised NOT to appoint judges that will overturn Roe vs Wade.

4. Bush has made no such promise.

That's all I have to know playa.

EcceNovaFacioOmni

I must disagree with the major point communicated in your analysis that George W. Bush has done "nothing" to reduce abortions. In fact, GW Bush is the ONLY president to ever do anything to reduce abortions, that is sign the partial-birth abortion ban (vetoed twice by Clinton).

I also don't know where the Church discusses labor unions and minimum wage, which I actually think cause unemployment and keep more people from working.

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='qfnol31' date='Oct 27 2004, 04:05 PM'] I hope I haven't broken any. :( [/quote]
I've never had to edit one of your posts. ;)

[quote name='thedude' date='Oct 27 2004, 05:12 PM'] I must disagree with the major point communicated in your analysis that George W. Bush has done "nothing" to reduce abortions. In fact, GW Bush is the ONLY president to ever do anything to reduce abortions, that is sign the partial-birth abortion ban (vetoed twice by Clinton).

I also don't know where the Church discusses labor unions and minimum wage, which I actually think cause unemployment and keep more people from working. [/quote]

Bushes Pro-Life Actions:
[url="http://www.moraltruth.com/mtbbs/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=127"]http://www.moraltruth.com/mtbbs/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=127[/url]

Where the Church discusses other stuff:
[url="http://www.usccb.org/faithfulcitizenship/bishopStatement.html"]http://www.usccb.org/faithfulcitizenship/b...pStatement.html[/url]

According to the Vatican, Magisterium, numerous Bishops... Abortion is the greatest evil of our time, [b]everything [/b]else is mute compared to the evil of abortion.

Anyone who says otherwise does not understand or comprehend Christian morality.

God Bless,
ironmonk

[quote name='thedude' date='Oct 27 2004, 03:12 PM'] I must disagree with the major point communicated in your analysis that George W. Bush has done "nothing" to reduce abortions. In fact, GW Bush is the ONLY president to ever do anything to reduce abortions, that is sign the partial-birth abortion ban (vetoed twice by Clinton).

I also don't know where the Church discusses labor unions and minimum wage, which I actually think cause unemployment and keep more people from working. [/quote]
I don't think Bush has done as much as he could to reduce abortions. Is he personaly pro life, probly. But, at least it seems to me, that a lot of his actions regarding moral issues have been set up to fail. Odds are that both the Partial Birth Abortion law and the homosexual marriage admendment would have been and/or will be decleared Uncon by this court, and probly the next one. I am pretty sure Mr Rove could have told you that they would fail or be called Uncon. Mr Rove, sorry I am picking on him a lot but he does teach a class in negitive campigning and has launched some real nasty things for Bush (The old anti McCain ads to start with), knew this would happen and wanted it because than he could have his media dogs scream out about the liberal judges and the liberals in Congress. Even if that isn't 100% true. That is my two cents on it. I think this White House, and all White Houses, are using abortion as a poltical wedge issue, a new way to attack the other guy.

And on a side note, Ironmonk, the Pope did not endorse Bush and the Vatican has gone so far as to call this "grand little war" unjust in the UN speech last month. It was on the Vatican site if you want to look it up. The Pope most defenitly doesn't support Bush. Who know who he supports? God. The Church doesn't get into electoral poltics.

And Katie, I don't think you have ever had to edit any of my posts, (I don't think it has ever happened to me at all, cept the time Flower threatened to because I made fun of Vera, in jest), but if you have, sorry.

Oh, and TheDude, I know I have read where the Church speaks on Labor unions, I think it is in Gaudiem et Spies (wow, I really can't spell). I will look it up and post a link to the paragraphs.

[quote name='Iacobus' date='Oct 27 2004, 03:47 PM'] I don't think Bush has done as much as he could to reduce abortions. Is he personaly pro life, probly. But, at least it seems to me, that a lot of his actions regarding moral issues have been set up to fail. Odds are that both the Partial Birth Abortion law and the homosexual marriage admendment would have been and/or will be decleared Uncon by this court, and probly the next one. [/quote]
Maybe he hasn't, but he's done more than Kerry will. You keep saying Bush hasn't done as much as he could, but then come back and say that everything he has done has been overturned, and those were the smaller issues. What should he do then?

[quote]I am pretty sure Mr Rove could have told you that they would fail or be called Uncon. Mr Rove, sorry I am picking on him a lot but he does teach a class in negitive campigning and has launched some real nasty things for Bush (The old anti McCain ads to start with), knew this would happen and wanted it because than he could have his media dogs scream out about the liberal judges and the liberals in Congress. Even if that isn't 100% true. That is my two cents on it. I think this White House, and all White Houses, are using abortion as a poltical wedge issue, a new way to attack the other guy.[/quote]

You need a class from UD. I don't think abortion is a way to attack the other guys, but rather the other way around. Abortion was illegal first. Therefore, those who support abortion came afterwards.

[quote]And on a side note, Ironmonk, the Pope did not endorse Bush and the Vatican has gone so far as to call this "grand little war" unjust in the UN speech last month. It was on the Vatican site if you want to look it up. The Pope most defenitly doesn't support Bush. Who know who he supports? God. The Church doesn't get into electoral poltics.[/quote]

The Vatican can't call it unjust. There is no "Catholic opinion of whether it is or not, according to the Vatican. The [i]Pope[/i] has said it to be unjust, but that's his private opinion (and a very respectable one too).

[url="http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/157453_abortion21.html"]http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/157453_abortion21.html[/url]

Ash Wednesday

Kerry is a joke. I can see why people on the left would be voting for him to vote against Bush, but I honestly can't comprehend people speaking positively about him with a straight face.

He is NOT a viable voting option for any faithful Catholic.

That is all.

Don't vote for Kerry! If your state still has him on their ballots, vote Nader...
He's a cool dude, I got mad at him for choosing to be prochoice but I love him for messing up the democratic party.