KnightoftheRosary Posted November 12, 2004 Posted November 12, 2004 Have any of you gone to their actual sight. It is quite disterbing. I don't see how they can receive communion in a state of mortal sin? Even though we are suppose to be respectfull of Homesexuls I still don't know why they think they can walk right up and say hey I am practicing an immoral and mortal sin and I want communion. May our world be cleansed of such evil!!!! Pax and Blessings -KOTR-
Theoketos Posted November 12, 2004 Posted November 12, 2004 [url="http://phorum.phatmass.com/index.php?showtopic=23721"]http://phorum.phatmass.com/index.php?showtopic=23721[/url]
Thy Geekdom Come Posted November 12, 2004 Posted November 12, 2004 The article on the phront page reminded me of something: Hmmm..."The New Anti-Catholicism" by Philip Jenkins, hardcover, page 3: "Even more outrageous than verbal remarks have been protests and demostrations directed against Catholic institutions. Two notorious examples involved protests in venerated churches. In 1989, several thousand protesters led by AIDS activist group ACT UP demonstrated during a Mass [The author is non-Catholic and did not capitalize 'Mass'] at New York's St. Patrick's Cathedral. A hundred and thirty protesters demonstrated in the church itself, stopping Mass [edited again] and forcing Cardinal John O'Connor to abandon his sermon. O'Connor was loudly denounced as a 'bigot' and a 'murderer.' Demonstrators fell down in the aisles to simulate death, while condoms were thrown. Among the slogans chanted by protesters were 'You say, don't [expletive]; we say, [expletive] you!' and 'Stop killing us! Stop killing us! We're not going to take it anymore!' Placards read 'The Cardinal lies to his parishioners.' Most harrowing from a Catholic perspective, on protester grabbed a communion wafer-to a believer, literally the Body [capitalized by my edit] of Christ-and threw it to the floor. One enthusiastic supporter of the demonstation boasted that the action 'violated sacred space, transgressed sacred ritual and offended sensiblities.' In 2000, a similar outbreak occurred in Montreal, when twenty ski-masked members of a Feminist Autonomous Collective interrupted a Mass [edited again] in the Catholic cathedral of Marie, Reine du Monde. They spray-painted on the church "Religion-A Trap for geniuses," sprayed atheist and anarchist graffiti on the altar, and tried unsuccessfully to overturn the tabernacle, which contains the sacred Host. Demonstrators stuck used sanitary napkins on pictures and walls, threw condoms around the sanctuary, and shouted pro-abortion slogans. They also destroyed or removed hundreds of hymnbooks or missals."
toledo_jesus Posted November 12, 2004 Posted November 12, 2004 if I ever see anything like that happen, I'm going to start swinging. I don't even care if I go to jail or have to go to confession. I would seriously hurt at least one of those evil...people...near to death.
Quietfire Posted November 12, 2004 Posted November 12, 2004 And it would get you nowhere Toledo. They show no respect for Our Lord. Simply walk away from them. Isnt that what Christ would do? He who lives by the sword shall die by the sword. You cannot expect them to understand when all they care about is themselves, their feelings, their needs, their desires, their wants, their demands. Follow Christ first. Follow Christ only. Pax
theculturewarrior Posted November 12, 2004 Posted November 12, 2004 I'll never wear another rainbow sash again! :angry:
traichuoi Posted November 12, 2004 Posted November 12, 2004 [quote name='Quietfire' date='Nov 12 2004, 01:46 PM'] And it would get you nowhere Toledo. They show no respect for Our Lord. Simply walk away from them. Isnt that what Christ would do? He who lives by the sword shall die by the sword. You cannot expect them to understand when all they care about is themselves, their feelings, their needs, their desires, their wants, their demands. Follow Christ first. Follow Christ only. Pax [/quote] i don't know...i'm with Toledo... didn't Christ overturn tables? okay...maybe i wouldn't hurt someone but i'd overturn some of them...
cmotherofpirl Posted November 13, 2004 Posted November 13, 2004 They would have to get thru me to get to the tabernacle
Thy Geekdom Come Posted November 13, 2004 Posted November 13, 2004 [quote name='cmotherofpirl' date='Nov 12 2004, 08:27 PM'] They would have to get thru me to get to the tabernacle [/quote] Seems to me that we should have the Knights of Columbus present for just that purpose...hehehe...
Cathurian Posted November 13, 2004 Posted November 13, 2004 I am...appalled. I think I cried. I don't remember.
toledo_jesus Posted November 13, 2004 Posted November 13, 2004 Christ certainly would whup them. He got mad at people for just selling stuff. Anyone who defiles the Body feels my fists, and I'll laugh as I pummel them.
Norseman82 Posted November 13, 2004 Posted November 13, 2004 [quote name='Raphael' date='Nov 12 2004, 08:13 PM'] Seems to me that we should have the Knights of Columbus present for just that purpose...hehehe... [/quote] I was thinking the same thing....and they carry swords!!! Anyway, they were causing mischief earlier this year; see this thread posted a few months ago: [url="http://phorum.phatmass.com/index.php?showtopic=12996&hl="]http://phorum.phatmass.com/index.php?showtopic=12996&hl=[/url]
Thy Geekdom Come Posted November 13, 2004 Posted November 13, 2004 [quote name='Norseman82' date='Nov 13 2004, 02:13 AM'] I was thinking the same thing....and they carry swords!!! Anyway, they were causing mischief earlier this year; see this thread posted a few months ago: [url="http://phorum.phatmass.com/index.php?showtopic=12996&hl="]http://phorum.phatmass.com/index.php?showtopic=12996&hl=[/url] [/quote] The Knights rock.
RandomProddy Posted November 13, 2004 Posted November 13, 2004 [quote name='toledo_jesus' date='Nov 13 2004, 07:21 AM'] Christ certainly would whup them. He got mad at people for just selling stuff. Anyone who defiles the Body feels my fists, and I'll laugh as I pummel them. [/quote] He didn't get mad at the Roman soldiers defiling His body...
EcceNovaFacioOmni Posted November 13, 2004 Posted November 13, 2004 I think I might fight to the death.
homeschoolmom Posted November 13, 2004 Posted November 13, 2004 Why does this always seem to be a problem in my archdiocese? There was an article in the Catholic Spirit about the Rainbow sash people attending mass at the Cathedral last Sunday. They were told to remove their sashes-- three did, three didn't. They all received...
ironmonk Posted November 13, 2004 Posted November 13, 2004 [quote name='toledo_jesus' date='Nov 13 2004, 02:21 AM'] Christ certainly would whup them. He got mad at people for just selling stuff. Anyone who defiles the Body feels my fists, and I'll laugh as I pummel them. [/quote] This is a hard question to what would Jesus do.... Would He throw them out as He threw out the merchants in the Temple? Or would He say "Forgive them Father, for they know not what they do."? The merchants in the temple claimed to believe in God, they were Jews. They knew what they were doing. I would very much like to pummel them... but they know not what they do, so I couldn't do that. I would attempt to talk to them or at least a small group of them... if they listened, I think that I could help them understand... after explaining what we believe and why (this would take some time)... if they stayed to learn and listen, then great. If they agreed to disagree and leave, then great. If they stayed and continued to their foolishness, then I would pummel them. After I pummelled them, I would offer them a peace offering and tell them that I did not want to do that, but they forced my hand. You would be amazed at how open to reason the foolish are after a good pummeling. One could look at it this way... all the spankings they should have gotten growing up, just happened in one pummeling. Some might say "that's not the way to show your faith"... and I say, now they would know what they do... and it is a teaching of our faith to defend against an unjust agressor... afterward, one should always try to make peace with the unjust agressor, for that unjust agressor can learn through loosing a fight. God Bless, ironmonk
crusader1234 Posted November 13, 2004 Posted November 13, 2004 How is it that three people that are openly sinners and people who openly reject the teachings of the Church are allowed to receive communion?
foundsheep Posted November 13, 2004 Posted November 13, 2004 [quote name='ironmonk' date='Nov 13 2004, 02:52 PM'] If they stayed and continued to their foolishness, then I would pummel them. After I pummelled them, I would offer them a peace offering and tell them that I did not want to do that, but they forced my hand. You would be amazed at how open to reason the foolish are after a good pummeling [/quote] [img]http://archives.cnn.com/2000/SHOWBIZ/Music/05/19/wb.hiphop/llcoolj.jpg[/img] Monk that made me think of the song "Mama said knock you out!"
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now