Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

The rainbow sash movement


Recommended Posts

homeschoolmom
Posted

HSdad and I were talking about this last night... what if someone came forward to receive wearing a T-shirt that said, "Jesus is a [explitive deleted] moron and I don't give a [explitive] what he says"? except with the explitives in place? Gee, should we just hand Him over? I don't think so...

Posted

email this guy and let him have it.
Michael Kelly mbkell@ozemail.com.au
Their site quotes the Catechism and flat out disagrees with it. They look at that as the problem, not their behavior...what misguided selfish obstinate people. Hello, scriptural basis anybody?

Posted

[quote name='XIX' date='Nov 14 2004, 01:12 PM'] Those are great, great points ironmonk. The only things I question...how would somebody actually [i]know[/i] that one is in a state of mortal sin? I mean, wouldn't that be making a judgement on another's soul? [/quote]
This is in response to the rainbow shash thing... they are in mortal sin. If they don't know they're in mortal sin, it's up to the priest to be a Father in Christ and correct them. Then they will know that they are in mortal sin; they can repent and reconcile with the Church then receive communion.

Priests have an obligation to let people know what mortal sins are... such as supporting abortion, same sex attraction relationships, murder, stealing, putting creation before the Creator, etc...

If they priests knows that someone is in the state of mortal sin, then they are not passing judgement... they know that the soul of the person is in grave danger. Passing judgement would be to beaver dam someone. Knowing someone is in mortal sin is an observation. Just as knowing someone is in a state of grace is an observation and not passing judgement.

God Bless,
ironmonk

Posted

quite true. The sash is a nonverbal affirmation not only of support for the homosexual lifestyle, but also an unwillingness to be corrected. Rather, it is a multi-colored middle finger to the Catholic Church every time they stand up.

Posted

[quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Nov 15 2004, 08:58 AM'] HSdad and I were talking about this last night... what if someone came forward to receive wearing a T-shirt that said, "Jesus is a [explitive deleted] moron and I don't give a [explitive] what he says"? except with the explitives in place? Gee, should we just hand Him over? I don't think so... [/quote]
At least in this case theres the chance its a joke (stupid joke) whereas the sash people are making a political statement with a clear objective and clear meaning.

Thy Geekdom Come
Posted

[quote name='crusader1234' date='Nov 15 2004, 06:16 PM'] At least in this case theres the chance its a joke (stupid joke) whereas the sash people are making a political statement with a clear objective and clear meaning. [/quote]
Doesn't matter if it's a joke or not, it's a sin by scandal, by disrespect, etc.

Posted (edited)

[quote name='Raphael' date='Nov 15 2004, 06:33 PM'] Doesn't matter if it's a joke or not, it's a sin by scandal, by disrespect, etc. [/quote]
this is one of the reasons why I can't be a priest. People would hate my guts cause I would not distribute Communion to the ones who I knew were in sin. In fact I'd probably make my homilies about it.

Edited by toledo_jesus
Posted

no!!! don't say that! we need Good Holy Priests prepared to be HATED by the world like Jesus promised!!!

Posted

[quote name='Raphael' date='Nov 12 2004, 01:40 PM'] Demonstrators stuck used sanitary napkins on pictures and walls, threw condoms around the sanctuary, and shouted pro-abortion slogans. [/quote]
ok. that's just SICK :angry:

Posted

if i was there I would probably have found a flag pole (there's generally a flag or so somewhere in the Church) or a crucifix on a poll, or something to inflict pain, and chased them out. that would have been righteous and justified, and i would not have hesitated to do it.

Posted

[quote name='Aluigi' date='Nov 15 2004, 08:27 PM']if i was there I would probably have found a flag pole (there's generally a flag or so somewhere in the Church) or a crucifix on a poll, or something to inflict pain, and chased them out.  that would have been righteous and justified, and i would not have hesitated to do it.[/quote]
i would want to use my hands, feet, elbows, knees...

I am afraid that I would find too much pleasure in physically removing them from the Church.... but if they saw me coming, I don't think they'd wait around until I was in striking distance.... Sometimes, a little display of power goes a long way... LOL

ironmonk has duel meanings... iron in faith and body - i currently look like a gorilla... monk in knowledge and style - Shaolin style :cool: (i refuse to use the ninja icon... they had nothing that could touch the Shaolin Monks).

God Bless!

cmotherofpirl
Posted

[quote name='toledo_jesus' date='Nov 15 2004, 07:37 PM'] this is one of the reasons why I can't be a priest. People would hate my guts cause I would not distribute Communion to the ones who I knew were in sin. In fact I'd probably make my homilies about it. [/quote]
This is a reason TO BE a priest!

Posted

I feel very sorry for these rainbow sash people.

They seem to be very confused as to the nature of true freedom. Hasn't anyone ever told them that true freedom is not the freedom to chose anything, but instead the freedo to choose good alone? Haven't they aver heard that true freedom is freedom from sin, not freedom to commit sin?

THey claim that they have asked for bread and recieved a stone, what I say is that they are not asking for bread. In asking for the church to stamp an "OK" on homosexual relations and homosexual marriage they are asking for a stone. God being pure good will not give this stone to them, Because the Father will only give good things to his children.

They ask for justice and they have been delivered justice, now they are unhappy with the verdict, they cry that it is unjust, and they need to repeal the decision.

Posted

Whoever mentioned the Knights of Columbus had the right idea...the Knights would protect the sacrament and the Mass.

Quick, call out the Swiss Guard!!!

Posted

Are we so righteous that we should throw stones at Magdalene? Just see it from their side, that we all look like hypocrites. We deny them the Eucharist, yet none of us can say that we are sinless. ( Hear me out, or humor me on this). They desecrate, Yes, but look at what they want. To be in communion with Jesus. With Jesus! Whom above all things came down here not for the righteous but for the sinners. It is wrong to receive the Eucharist in a state of mortal sin, I know. But do they? I mean yes they know, but do they know why?

We should deny them the Eucharist, yes. But let us not stop there. We should be there outside with them making them our friends. Bringing them closer to Christ with our actions and deeds. How is it that Missionaries were able to convert Native people who neither spoke our language nor worship the same God? Yet, we can't or don't want to convert our own? We should take this issue to their front door and ask them to come out and commune with us in the proper way.


[quote]"If I have spoken wrongly, testify to the wrong; but if I have spoken rightly, why do you strike me?"[/quote]John 18:23

Posted (edited)

those natives had no previous knowledge of God or Jesus, and had not formed their own opinions of Him and His wishes. These people have done just that, twisting Scripture or Christ's message to suit their purposes, not His. If they won't change, we are not wrong to throw them out.

Edited by toledo_jesus
Posted

we weren't talking about using force on the rainbow sash people

we were talking about using force on the people raph mentioned that were throwing condoms around and throwing the Eucharist to the ground and stepping on it. those people would be justly expelled by force, and SHOULD be for that matter, it'd be just like Jesus forming a whip and chasing the money changers out.

Posted

Hey, if I was a priest, id treat the wearing of sashes like cell phones. Here is exactly what I would say:

"Please, understand, that as Catholics, we celebrate,

Posted

Hey, if I was a priest, id treat the wearing of sashes like cell phones. Here is exactly what I would say:

"Please, understand, that as Catholics, we celebrate, together, as one body, the most sublime gift of the precious Body and Blood of our Lord Jesus Christ. Mass is not an arena for internal conflicts. If you wish to come to recieve communion, recieve communion as our church teaches us. As a priest, I will not desecrate the Body and Blood of our Lord. If you are wearing a rainbow sash, I will deny you the sacrament. Please make sure this is not an issue at our celebration. God Bless you."

El Fin

My Deacons and extraordinary ministers would be trained and instructed to do the same. I would make sure that I heard the concerns of the sections of my congregations that would hurt or upset. That would be that.

Posted

you'd be drawn and quartered.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...