An Old School Catholic Message Board

Hypothetical Question about Mary

Guest Aluigi

If you saw Mary while she was pregnant with the Incarnate God, would you fall to your knees?  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

i would fall to my knees in front of the pregnant Mother of God for the same reason that i fall to my knees before the tabernacle: because i am within the vicinity of my Lord and Savior. kneeling before the tabernacle is no more an act of worshipping [i]the tabernacle[/i] than kneeling before the pregnant Mary is an act of worshipping [i]Mary[/i]. it is instead an act of worship towards my God. Mary was a tabernacle for Jesus Christ, truly present........just as tabernacles in Catholic Churches hold the body of Christ, truly present.

i cannot help but fall on my face before Him.........

Edited by phatcatholic

[quote name='mulls' date='Nov 29 2004, 08:40 PM'] do you fall on your knees in front of the mirror, being that you're a temple of the living God? [/quote]
Jesus isn't present in us in quite the same way that He was present in Our Lady's womb. He was PHYSICALLY present there.

[quote name='phatcatholic' date='Nov 27 2004, 11:07 PM']i would fall to my knees in front of the pregnant Mother of God for the same reason that i fall to my knees before the tabernacle: because i am within the vicinity of my Lord and Savior. kneeling before the tabernacle is no more an act of worshipping [i]the tabernacle[/i] than kneeling before the pregnant Mary is an act of worshipping [i]Mary[/i]. it is instead an act of worship towards my God. Mary was a tabernacle for Jesus Christ, truly present........just as tabernacles in Catholic Churches hold the body of Christ, truly present.

i cannot help but fall on my face before Him.........[/quote]
Wow, beautiful post, phatcatholic! I completely agree. :)

CatholicCrusader

[quote name='mulls' date='Nov 29 2004, 08:40 PM'] do you fall on your knees in front of the mirror, being that you're a temple of the living God? [/quote]
That's the kind of confusion you see with Protestants in understanding God's omnipresence and the difference in His Real Presence. Just as He is truly Present in the Blessed Sacrament, so would He be in the womb of the Blessed Virgin. His presence in each of us is akin to His omnipresence.

[quote name='mulls' date='Nov 29 2004, 07:40 PM'] do you fall on your knees in front of the mirror, being that you're a temple of the living God? [/quote]
Maybe if I was Jim Cavizal....JK

I would fall on my knees before Our Lord or Our Lady pregnant with Our Lord or Our Lady by herself (or any Angel or Saint for that matter). For any prot who is offended by those comments, try this:

"And the two angels came to Sodom in the evening, and Lot was sitting in the gate of the city. And seeing them, he rose up and went to meet them: and worshipped prostrate to the ground" Genesis xix.1

There are plenty more instances in the Bible where men knelt and bowed down to Angels (and other men), but I think this suffices.

What about the scene in [u]Crime and Punishment[/u] where Katerina kisses her daughter Sonya's feet after Sonya just sold her body to buy a meal for their family? I wouldn't accuse Katerina of idolatry for that. So what should I do for the sinless virgin mother of my savior? Kneel? Is that even enough?

Mos def I'd genuflect to Mary pregnant with Jesus! Man, I'd even genuflect if it was Mary without Jesus! I mean, come on, she's Mary!

Oooo, who hacked the poll? 40, and all other results zero. I certainly won't complain though!

Mary is the Ark of the New Covenant. Chosen by the Father to be Christ's mother. What an honor! One bows to royalty in reverence and respect. Mary certainly is Queen of Heaven! :)