An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Ultimate Sacrifice/Cure for Abortion?

Monoxide

Don John of Austria

Cathqat -- Pacem in Terris was an encyclical by John the XXIII it was also pastoral in Nature, and not subject to the protection from error that the Syllabus was, Many many things are not so protected that are said in councils ( mainly only those things overty staed as such and those thing followed by an athathama), and only things phrased in very particular ways when stated by the Pope. This does not mean I reject what has been said , as a obediant Catholic I obey the commands of the magisterium, however it does mean that everything that is said must be seen in the Light of what has come before. The way I am interpreting the Syllabus is the same way that Blessed Pius IX who wrote it interpreted it, it is the way it was interpreted for a 100 years after it was written, it is only with the increaseing rejection of Tradition in modern times has anyone challenged this interpretation. The only "right to an education" anyone has is one of religious education, in so far as it is nesseccary for salvation, that is the Decree of the Church, if bishops as individual theologians wish to say otherwise that is between them and Mother Church, but it is not " the teaching of the Church" it is the Teaching of members of the Church-- The differances are subtle but are important. For example asa Catholic I MUST believe that Mary was Immaculately concieved, I MUST believe that Mary was assumed in to Heaven I do not have to believe that Mary has ever had a single apparition( although I do ). Simularly I MUST believe that it is not best a that all children be educated in schools, so the right to education spoken of in these documents must be interpreted to be some form of education which is not Formal education, I would think that it is a referance to the right to learn through Natural progress of ones life-- in this since it would be a Natural Right Coming From the Natural Law-- But it CANNOT mean a "schooling" as that has already been said to definitively NOT BE TRUE. To believe otherwise would be to reject the authorative teaching of the Church.

[quote]But unless we address the root causes of abortion, it will not go away.
[/quote]

The Root causes of abortion? you mean Greed, selfishness, lust, etc. We hae a word for all of those SIN and the Church has been addresssing them for 2000 years. It is funny that before 1973 these reasons didn't ccause 1.5 million abortions a year and there was far less support for unwed mothers back then. No we have become a decadent vile, selfish society where people would rather kill there Children than carry them to term and give them up for adoption ( that would be uncomfortable) or stop the presses Take care of them themselves. Shocking I know but until very modern times that is what the majorty of people did they took care of their own Children. If they couldn't they took them to an orphanage, or a convent or somewhere but they DID NOT KILL THEM. Abortion was always looked at a a the vile dirty murderous thing that it is, and Now we have to give people services to stop them from murdering their Child-- and on top of that you want to claim that it isn't selfishness that leads us to this, you must be joking.

[quote name='Don John of Austria' date='Jan 4 2005, 12:46 AM'] Well by your definition Sure no problem lets try Joan of Arc she wnet to a revolutionary who was fighting the Legitimate governement ( Henry V defeated the French and they signed the Treaty the English where the legitimate government of what was no longer France but part of the English Empire.) I would say she was responsable for an aweful lot of killing in her little revolution, one she failed to win by the way. [/quote]
St. Joan of Arc didn't kill anyone in battle. In her testimonies, she stated that she loved her banner a gazillion times more than her sword. She prefered to lead the revolution, so to speak. But there's still the issue of her soldiers killin' the Brits.

[quote name='Don John of Austria' date='Jan 4 2005, 01:17 AM'] Cathqat -- Pacem in Terris was an encyclical by John the XXIII it was also pastoral in Nature, and not subject to the protection from error that the Syllabus was, Many many things are not so protected that are said in councils ( mainly only those things overty staed as such and those thing followed by an athathama), and only things phrased in very particular ways when stated by the Pope. This does not mean I reject what has been said , as a obediant Catholic I obey the commands of the magisterium, however it does mean that everything that is said must be seen in the Light of what has come before. The way I am interpreting the Syllabus is the same way that Blessed Pius IX who wrote it interpreted it, it is the way it was interpreted for a 100 years after it was written, it is only with the increaseing rejection of Tradition in modern times has anyone challenged this interpretation. The only "right to an education" anyone has is one of religious education, in so far as it is nesseccary for salvation, that is the Decree of the Church, if bishops as individual theologians wish to say otherwise that is between them and Mother Church, but it is not " the teaching of the Church" it is the Teaching of members of the Church-- The differances are subtle but are important. For example asa Catholic I MUST believe that Mary was Immaculately concieved, I MUST believe that Mary was assumed in to Heaven I do not have to believe that Mary has ever had a single apparition( although I do ). Simularly I MUST believe that it is not best a that all children be educated in schools, so the right to education spoken of in these documents must be interpreted to be some form of education which is not Formal education, I would think that it is a referance to the right to learn through Natural progress of ones life-- in this since it would be a Natural Right Coming From the Natural Law-- But it CANNOT mean a "schooling" as that has already been said to definitively NOT BE TRUE. To believe otherwise would be to reject the authorative teaching of the Church. [/quote]
This is what I was trying to mention earlier...

Don John of Austria

More than that her soldiers used the Crossbow which was specificly forbidden as an unlawful weapon by the Church.