hyperdulia again Posted January 14, 2005 Posted January 14, 2005 [quote name='spathariossa' date='Jan 14 2005, 03:15 AM'] Thanks for sparing me that :hug: [/quote] I understand. Hmm. I'm gonna start my own thread it's late and truth seems necessary.
spathariossa Posted January 14, 2005 Author Posted January 14, 2005 [quote name='hyperdulia again' date='Jan 14 2005, 03:23 AM'] I understand. Hmm. I'm gonna start my own thread it's late and truth seems necessary. [/quote] Okay! I'll be there for you!
hyperdulia again Posted January 14, 2005 Posted January 14, 2005 [quote name='cooltuba' date='Jan 14 2005, 03:23 AM'] I'm sorry. Look, I don't even know the whole situation. I don't know the proper etiquitte for terminology as it applies to trans-sexuals. I was just trying to offer words of encouragement; please look past my technical faux-paus and get the gist of my post. [/quote] I wasn't criticising. I've read your posts. I think the Church needs more people like you.
spathariossa Posted January 14, 2005 Author Posted January 14, 2005 [quote name='cooltuba' date='Jan 14 2005, 03:23 AM'] I'm sorry. Look, I don't even know the whole situation. I don't know the proper etiquitte for terminology as it applies to trans-sexuals. I was just trying to offer words of encouragement; please look past my technical faux-paus and get the gist of my post. [/quote] No harm done. Really. It's a confusing issue and not one most people know about. Thanks for your support. Peace be with you.
spathariossa Posted January 14, 2005 Author Posted January 14, 2005 [quote name='hyperdulia again' date='Jan 14 2005, 03:28 AM'] *feels afraid* [/quote] Awww :patpat:
cooltuba Posted January 14, 2005 Posted January 14, 2005 [quote name='spathariossa' date='Jan 14 2005, 03:17 AM'] Even though I'm not gay, thanks for the sentiment. It is appreciated. And yes, I do follow the Church I'm just a bit upset. Completely celibate, but upset. [/quote] I'm really glad to hear that you follow the Church. You're a stronger woman than I would be. After going through the long process and surgeries only to find out that I am still not allowed to express my sexuality, I would be much more shaken than you are. God Bless you and your beautiful faith. God loves you more than you can comprehend. My prayers are with you. Tim
spathariossa Posted January 14, 2005 Author Posted January 14, 2005 [quote name='cooltuba' date='Jan 14 2005, 03:32 AM'] I'm really glad to hear that you follow the Church. You're a stronger woman than I would be. After going through the long process and surgeries only to find out that I am still not allowed to express my sexuality, I would be much more shaken than you are. God Bless you and your beautiful faith. God loves you more than you can comprehend. My prayers are with you. Tim [/quote] I haven't had surgery. I'm not sure I want it and the church doesn't like it. The jury is still out on the issue. Surgery kinda scares me and vaguely creeps me out. Then again male anatomy massively creeps me out.
cooltuba Posted January 14, 2005 Posted January 14, 2005 [quote name='spathariossa' date='Jan 14 2005, 03:33 AM'] I haven't had surgery. I'm not sure I want it and the church doesn't like it. The jury is still out on the issue. Surgery kinda scares me and vaguely creeps me out. Then again male anatomy massively creeps me out. [/quote] I'd like to share a personal experience; I honestly don't know if this is anything of similar nature to what you experience. Ok, so I had a problem with communication with my parents and we went to see a counselor. We had a couple of group sessions with both of my parents and I and we got things worked out quickly. The counselor asked me if I'd like to meet with her privately, and I took her up on it. She asked me some questions about myself, and one of the things that she found out that I really didn't realize until she asked those questions is that I thought of myself as worthless. I felt that I didn't have anything to offer anyone, neither dating wise or professionally. She told me that throughout our lives, we tend to make false assumptions about ourselves, sometimes someone tells us something when we're young and we take it to heart, and make it a reality for ourselves. She gave the example of when she was a child, someone told her she couldn't dance, so all throughout her life she believed she couldn't dance. When she met her husband, he loved to dance, and he wouldn't take no for an answer. With his instruction, she learned to dance and she loves it. Anyway, she did something called EMDR. It's almost like hypnosis, but not really. It involves moving your eyes from left to right while the therapist asks questions for you to think about. There's more to it, but I really don't remember all that much about it. I do remember that moving your eyes from side to side activates both sides of your brain, and that helps to get past those false assumptions we've made about ourselves. The funny thing is that I didn't even realize how much it helped when we were doing the treatments. The realization of how much she'd actually helped didn't come until months later, when I was reading the book "If The Buddha Dated". It talks about false assumptions and reccommends EMDR as a way to move past them. The book is all about getting to know yourself and then getting to like who you are. Now, I realize that neither of these examples of false assumptions that were overcome don't even come close to being creeped out/grossed out by your own body, but I just thought I'd share my experience with you. Peace, Tim
spathariossa Posted January 14, 2005 Author Posted January 14, 2005 (edited) That's very interesting. I've had 3 psychiatrists, 3 psychologists, 2 therapists, 5 medical doctors, 2 case workers, and a bunch of phlebotomists and pharmacists working with me. Not all simultaneously but oftentimes all within a week of one another. Not the most fun time I've ever had. Now I'm down to 1 psychiatrist, 1 medical doctor, Allison - my fave phlebotomist, and a couple of pharmacists. So I've had the GID diagnosis from 6 shrinks and been poked and prodded enough to know it will never go away. Edited January 14, 2005 by spathariossa
cooltuba Posted January 14, 2005 Posted January 14, 2005 [quote name='spathariossa' date='Jan 14 2005, 03:58 AM'] That's very interesting. I've had 3 psychiatrists, 3 psychologists, 2 therapists, 5 medical doctors, 2 case workers, and a bunch of phlebotomists and pharmacists working with me. Not all simultaneously but oftentimes all within a week of one another. Not the most fun time I've ever had. Now I'm down to 1 psychiatrist, 1 medical doctor, Allison - my fave phlebotomist, and a couple of pharmacists. So I've had the GID diagnosis from 6 shrinks and been poked and prodded enough to know it will never go away. [/quote] I just read a page about GID ( [url="http://www.leaderu.com/jhs/rekers.html"]http://www.leaderu.com/jhs/rekers.html[/url] ), it seems to be a valid medical condition. There are some groups pushing for the de-classification of it as a medical condition, but I think they're full of carp. The research shows no clues as to the cause of it. There are cases of boys as young as three who insist that they are girls. Never say it won't go away. God has performed many a miracle, don't count yourself out yet. Also, if this never does go away, and you struggle with it your entire life, your reward in Heaven for fighting the Good fight will be far greater than the turmoil you experience here on Earth. Peace, Tim
jasJis Posted January 14, 2005 Posted January 14, 2005 [quote name='spathariossa' date='Jan 14 2005, 02:09 AM'] Love? And ummm...the Church hates me because it expects me to do nothing meaningful with my life other than to be a secular human being. [/quote] I kinda find this insulting. One has to be a priest to 'do something meaningful' with your life? You're obviously young and arrogant because of your inexperience. Some of the most meaningful people in my life were/are ordinary people in ordinary times doing ordinary acts of christian kindness, faithfulness, loyalty, etc. I didn't and don't necessarily know for sure all their sexaul tendencies or pre-dispositions. My oldest and closest male friend is gay and lives an openly homosexual lifestyle. Though I disagree and disapprove of that part of him, to me it's only a small part and our friendship and relationship and our decades of history together is more important, more meaningful, more significant...
thessalonian Posted January 14, 2005 Posted January 14, 2005 [quote name='spathariossa' date='Jan 14 2005, 02:09 AM'] Love? And ummm...the Church hates me because it expects me to do nothing meaningful with my life other than to be a secular human being. [/quote] Well first of all the Church does love you. Would it be love for them to let you transgress God's laws and destroy your life. The Church has no authority to change what you want changed. It's purpose is to guide and bring the grace to people so that they can live God's lives and have MORE fullfilling lives. A man who has a problem with cheating on his wife may have a sexual attraction to all women. Now is the church being mean and hateful but asking him to remain faithful to his wife. The priests and the pope must be celibate in ther roles as our leaders who have concern for our souls (Heb 13:17). If they view this negatively as the Church denying them something and are bitter about it they will never be true to their calling of the priesthood. You have a calling. God has things he wants you to do. But to do them well you must root the sin out of your life. You must loose attachment to this sin that you apparently still have a liking to. That is what the Church wants for you so that you will not be enslaved by your passoins and can see God's will in your life. I will pray for you. God bless
Balthazor Posted January 14, 2005 Posted January 14, 2005 Well I suppose that I could have geussed that this would be the church's stand on this issue. Needless to say that I am not surprised here at all. You know my prayers always with you.
Lil Red Posted January 14, 2005 Posted January 14, 2005 [quote name='hyperdulia again' date='Jan 14 2005, 12:45 AM'] That is a beautiful statement. In C&L talk, you just exalted my "I." [/quote] yeah, i was gonna say that sounded very C&L hyper, spatha (i keep wanting to type spaszoid ) you both have my prayers
track2004 Posted January 14, 2005 Posted January 14, 2005 I got to admit I do likes me some CL. It helps me articulate stuffs better, among other things.
popestpiusx Posted January 14, 2005 Posted January 14, 2005 [quote name='JazzforJesus' date='Jan 14 2005, 03:10 AM'] look she is having enough troubles in her life, how about respect, listen, and pray for her. Im Praying for her [/quote] It was an honest question. No offence intended. Just a question.
jezic Posted January 14, 2005 Posted January 14, 2005 I do not think that the church hates you. They care about you. It is more important for them to have a standard procedure that doesn't take into account personal life conditions or anything. Sadly it has been this way throughout history. Some of the the great saints ever were kicked out of the church. I would simply encourage you to continue on in faith. Try to follow God's standard laid down in the Bible. Each person is called to do this no matter their sexual orientation. You are called to do nothing else. The other choices are your own. We are not judged in the end by the church's standards. We are judged by the merits of our chioces and Gods. Other than that, there is nothing else. Prayers
spathariossa Posted January 14, 2005 Author Posted January 14, 2005 [quote name='thessalonian' date='Jan 14 2005, 09:06 AM'] Well first of all the Church does love you. Would it be love for them to let you transgress God's laws and destroy your life. The Church has no authority to change what you want changed. It's purpose is to guide and bring the grace to people so that they can live God's lives and have MORE fullfilling lives. A man who has a problem with cheating on his wife may have a sexual attraction to all women. Now is the church being mean and hateful but asking him to remain faithful to his wife. The priests and the pope must be celibate in ther roles as our leaders who have concern for our souls (Heb 13:17). If they view this negatively as the Church denying them something and are bitter about it they will never be true to their calling of the priesthood. You have a calling. God has things he wants you to do. But to do them well you must root the sin out of your life. You must loose attachment to this sin that you apparently still have a liking to. That is what the Church wants for you so that you will not be enslaved by your passoins and can see God's will in your life. I will pray for you. God bless [/quote] What sin? I'm not sinning. I'm not sinning according to the Church. I've followed this teaching to the letter. I've been extremely careful not to stray outside the bounds of what the Church permits. So I'd like you to clarify my SIN.
spathariossa Posted January 14, 2005 Author Posted January 14, 2005 [quote name='jasJis' date='Jan 14 2005, 08:09 AM'] I kinda find this insulting. One has to be a priest to 'do something meaningful' with your life? You're obviously young and arrogant because of your inexperience. Some of the most meaningful people in my life were/are ordinary people in ordinary times doing ordinary acts of christian kindness, faithfulness, loyalty, etc. I didn't and don't necessarily know for sure all their sexaul tendencies or pre-dispositions. My oldest and closest male friend is gay and lives an openly homosexual lifestyle. Though I disagree and disapprove of that part of him, to me it's only a small part and our friendship and relationship and our decades of history together is more important, more meaningful, more significant... [/quote] It isn't a question of arrogance, and I don't think it is really a question of age. To be perfectly honest, I don't think you have any clue what you're talking about. I know everyone has their own struggles, but I seriously doubt you've ever dealt with anything even approaching this magnitude. So what if I'm upset about not being considered mentally stable enough to join a religious order? You wouldn't understand how that feels. In fact, if you want to speak of arrogance, the height of arrogance is for somebody like you to even attempt to tell someone like me that I'm being arrogant for being sick and tired of not having any choices in my life.
Recommended Posts