Brother Adam Posted January 29, 2005 Posted January 29, 2005 I've been told I have to go to my first FOP (Festival of Praise) tonight. I'm sitting and typing in the library and wondering if I will go or not. lol. I was told I'm free to come and watch, but that the "watching" and "not participating" will last a whole 5 seconds. Should I go? Should I not go? I donno.
Brother Adam Posted January 29, 2005 Author Posted January 29, 2005 I don't know. lol. All I know is it is charasmatic. Very charasmatic. lol.
Fides_et_Ratio Posted January 29, 2005 Posted January 29, 2005 Everyone has to go to at least one. It's a rule. Even I went. Once.
Tony Posted January 29, 2005 Posted January 29, 2005 then how are we supposed to tell you to go or not if you dont know what it is
Brother Adam Posted January 29, 2005 Author Posted January 29, 2005 lol Fides. oh boy. Yeah, that is what I'm told. "It's a rule" and all. I guess I'll peak my head in right at the start time (7). I wish I knew someone else on campus who was going to go so I didn't have to be alllll alone. lol. Tony, I was hoping for someone like Fides to reply who is also on campus. There is a slew of PM'ers here at Franciscan.
journeyman Posted January 29, 2005 Posted January 29, 2005 He's obviously hoping one of us has been, and will spill the beans But Fides response makes it look like there is some double secret probation thing going on :ph34r:
Fides_et_Ratio Posted January 29, 2005 Posted January 29, 2005 Just go this time. And then you'll either go to all the rest of them, or run screaming when someone says "FOP" or "Festival of Praise". But you have to go. So that you'll know.
Brother Adam Posted January 29, 2005 Author Posted January 29, 2005 (edited) [quote name='Fides_et_Ratio' date='Jan 29 2005, 07:29 PM'] Just go this time. And then you'll either go to all the rest of them, or run screaming when someone says "FOP" or "Festival of Praise". But you have to go. So that you'll know. [/quote] Then you have to accompany me. Edited January 29, 2005 by Brother Adam
Fides_et_Ratio Posted January 29, 2005 Posted January 29, 2005 [quote name='Brother Adam' date='Jan 29 2005, 07:33 PM'] Then you have to accompany me. [/quote] I did my time! lol, and besides, it's snowy and I was already out today.
IcePrincessKRS Posted January 29, 2005 Posted January 29, 2005 Well.... I know some people who really enjoy them, but from what I have heard of them people like you and me will be the ones who run screaming.
Brother Adam Posted January 29, 2005 Author Posted January 29, 2005 [quote name='Fides_et_Ratio' date='Jan 29 2005, 07:35 PM'] I did my time! lol, and besides, it's snowy and I was already out today. [/quote]
Fides_et_Ratio Posted January 29, 2005 Posted January 29, 2005 [quote name='Brother Adam' date='Jan 29 2005, 07:38 PM'] [/quote] lol, don't take it personally. I'm a little leery/shy of meeting "internet" people... as I was explaining to Mrs. Bro the other day, every other time I've done that (on this very campus incidently) it hasn't turned out well. ...not that I think you'd really be stalker-ish
Brother Adam Posted January 29, 2005 Author Posted January 29, 2005 I am not Phazland. It's okay. I've seen your picture. I may just see you around campus one day and run up and give you a big hug . I jest. Ah well. If you hear distant screams in about 20 minutes that will be me. lol
Fides_et_Ratio Posted January 29, 2005 Posted January 29, 2005 Have fun. You know, that's the other thing I've been reconsidering (putting my picture on the internet).. lol. I don't want people I don't know to know who I am! Last year a bunch of girls on my Hall joked that they would one day tackle me in a huge group hug, because I wouldn't hug them before I left for the weekend one time... I am not a touchy-feely person. At all. The sign of peace at Mass is a stretch for me.
Brother Adam Posted January 29, 2005 Author Posted January 29, 2005 Awww. Have you decided if you are staying at Franciscan or going home?
Fides_et_Ratio Posted January 29, 2005 Posted January 29, 2005 I'll finish out the semester (most likely)... I was a bit dramatic the other day (and highly stressed/mad), but I am going back to Columbus these next two weekends just to take a break. And then hopefully I'll be able to stay until Spring Break.
Thy Geekdom Come Posted January 30, 2005 Posted January 30, 2005 [quote name='Fides_et_Ratio' date='Jan 29 2005, 07:54 PM'] I'll finish out the semester (most likely)... I was a bit dramatic the other day (and highly stressed/mad), but I am going back to Columbus these next two weekends just to take a break. And then hopefully I'll be able to stay until Spring Break. [/quote] You live in Columbus? Too bad you aren't going to be there next year...I could use rides to Columbus to visit the Josephinum semmies...some of my old classmates...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now