Fides_et_Ratio Posted January 30, 2005 Posted January 30, 2005 [quote name='Raphael' date='Jan 29 2005, 08:01 PM'] You live in Columbus? Too bad you aren't going to be there next year...I could use rides to Columbus to visit the Josephinum semmies...some of my old classmates... [/quote] Well, "officially"/technically I am still deciding what to do with regards to transferring. I LOVE the PCJ!!! The best priests pop out of there. And even if I don't come back to Steubie... I have a friend who lives an hour from me in Newark.. she comes back a lot.. catch a ride with them, I'll drive to Newark and say 'hi' to them, and then take you back to Columbus. lol.
Thy Geekdom Come Posted January 30, 2005 Posted January 30, 2005 [quote name='Fides_et_Ratio' date='Jan 29 2005, 08:09 PM'] Well, "officially"/technically I am still deciding what to do with regards to transferring. I LOVE the PCJ!!! The best priests pop out of there. And even if I don't come back to Steubie... I have a friend who lives an hour from me in Newark.. she comes back a lot.. catch a ride with them, I'll drive to Newark and say 'hi' to them, and then take you back to Columbus. lol. [/quote] I've only been to PCJ once...they were going to send me there, but then changed their minds. If you stop by there, have a conversation with Stephen Hoth from Omaha...originally from Sudan...he's a very holy man...
disturbedxfairy Posted January 30, 2005 Posted January 30, 2005 From Scofizzle: I think you should go....It cant hurt right......Plus you should try something new
Birgitta Noel Posted January 30, 2005 Posted January 30, 2005 LOL, I'm dying to hear how BA fared at the FOP.... Personally, I think its one of those kind of things that I would enjoy on ocassion provided it is balanced wtih a healthy contemplative prayer life the rest of the week.
Mrs. Bro. Adam Posted January 30, 2005 Posted January 30, 2005 Still waiting to hear from my hubby. No signs of him yet...
Birgitta Noel Posted January 30, 2005 Posted January 30, 2005 :rotfl: He has been assimilated by the FOPsters :rotfl: .....that or he's hiding in fear behind the stacks at the library :ph34r: just in case they're searching for him to take him there against his will....hmmmmm..... :ph34r:
Birgitta Noel Posted January 30, 2005 Posted January 30, 2005 Uh oh, BA you're in trooooooouble now....This better be good!
Fides_et_Ratio Posted January 30, 2005 Posted January 30, 2005 lol. Poor Bro. Adam. [quote]If you stop by there, have a conversation with Stephen Hoth from Omaha...originally from Sudan...he's a very holy man... [/quote] LoL. I don't usually talk to the seminarians very often, but if I stop by, I'll ask around.
toledo_jesus Posted January 30, 2005 Posted January 30, 2005 ah charismatics. such an easy group of people to avoid.
Apotheoun Posted January 30, 2005 Posted January 30, 2005 I've been at Franciscan University for a year and a half and I've never been to a FOP.
HomeTeamFamily Posted January 30, 2005 Posted January 30, 2005 we have fops at our church although i think its probably a bit different than the on at FUS.... ours is our lifeteen band playing some music for like 20 min or so....then we have a very solemn time with adoration and prayer and tranquil music....then we finish off with more fun music....to me its more of a concert than a "charismatic" thingy..... [/.02]
jp2_rules Posted January 30, 2005 Posted January 30, 2005 i would like to prefice my comments by saying that i don't consider myself to be very charismatic at all. i really don't get into the whole spontaneous worship and throwing hands in the air stuff. however, i really enjoy FOPs. in fact, i just got back from one. a FOP is as the name implies; a festival of praise. it is an opportunity to come together as a student body, and worship Christ. there is a lot of music, Bible readings and meditations. tonight's was Eucharistically centered, so the Eucharist was exposed during the time of worship and praise. they are very powerful events for many people. and, anyone who's there for the right reasons isn't watching you to see if you get your hands up and pray out loud etc.... do whatever you feel comfortable with. i have never felt uncomfortable at a FOP. and like i said, i'm not really a charismatic person. if i had known you were going to go BA, i woulda met you there! hope you enjoyed it. give us a full report....
littleflower+JMJ Posted January 30, 2005 Posted January 30, 2005 [quote name='Brother Adam' date='Jan 29 2005, 09:43 PM'] :ph34r: [/quote] lol there we have it folks i just gotta say your a brave one mr. adam!! :ph34r:
Brother Adam Posted January 30, 2005 Author Posted January 30, 2005 I'll just say that there were alot of people there who love Jesus. I don't think everything that took place there is completely in line with the deposit of faith. But I have no doubt about the good intentions of all. I watched from the back and prayed and sung with everyone at first. When the priest said "For those who have never been baptized in the spirit or asked for the charisms raise your hands while others around you lay hands on you" I bolted as it was fairly obvious I was new. I watched for another 5, 10 minutes from the door as the priest told everyone to pray especially for the gift of tongues. I then genuflected towards the monstrance and left.
Apotheoun Posted January 30, 2005 Posted January 30, 2005 [quote name='Brother Adam' date='Jan 29 2005, 07:52 PM'] When the priest said "For those who have never been baptized in the spirit or asked for the charisms raise your hands while others around you lay hands on you" I bolted as it was fairly obvious I was new. [/quote] Thanks for the information, because now I know that it's a good thing that I've never gone to a FOP.
StColette Posted January 30, 2005 Posted January 30, 2005 ummm safe to say I'm joining Apotheoun and not ever going lol
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now