Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

That is IT!


Recommended Posts

Posted

[quote name='crusader1234' date='Feb 21 2005, 09:08 PM'] I think there IS a problem with people obsessing over the difficulties in their life, although its not because it annoys me. I think we're all extremely blessed - the fact that we're on the internet talking is a huge sign that should tell you you're fortunate. We're all blessed with so much, and we should be praising God for the good in our lives rather than complaining. Complaining never really gets anybody anywhere anyways.

I too am Melancholy for the Old PM, although my idea of the old PM only goes back to around June :lol:

Where's a debate about Brit Lit when you need it? [/quote]
ya i feel the same way, im sick of all this complaining and argumentativness (is that a word?) i remember back in the spring/summer days of last year and everyone was getting along. We'd have late night chats and dances and all that fun and now all it is, is a bunch of threads where everyone is pissed at each other and there is no unity and love. Ladies and Gentlemen, without unity and love there is no Catholic Church. We are doing something majorly wrong here.

Posted

I have no idea what is going on.

theculturewarrior
Posted

[quote name='rachael' date='Feb 21 2005, 10:52 PM'] :(

you want me to shout it?


[b]I'm sorry.[/b] [/quote]
:group:

Sorry...I misread this.

I hope you see this before you go to bed.

Posted

There's a place in your Heart and I know that is love
and this place could be much brighter than tomorrow
and if you really try you'll find there's no need to cry
in this place you'll feel there's no hurt or sorrow

There are ways to get there if you care enough for the living
make a little space make a better place ...

Heal the World make it a better place
for you and for me and the entire human race
there are people dying if you care enough for the living
make a better place for you and for me

:whistle: :dance:

littleflower+JMJ
Posted

wow i use to hear that song on all my old retreat days..........thats a great one....

[i]Heal the World make it a better place
for you and for me and the entire human race
there are people dying if you care enough for the living
make a better place for you and for me[/i]

Posted

you know when i first heard that song i thought it said:
"for you and for me and the ANTI human race" lol! what does that mean??? :rolleyes:

littleflower+JMJ
Posted

lol thats funny!

i got a beatles song on my head.....

[i]"hey jude.....dont make it bad.....
take a sad song....and make it better..."[/i]

Pope St Clement 1
Posted

[quote name='DemonSlayer' date='Feb 22 2005, 02:23 PM']I have no idea what is going on.[/quote]
I'm not much the wiser. I've read a few posts of people apologising and/or making references to other threads.

I was thinking, there's a Chaplet of St Michael at this link that Cathurian gave :

[url="http://www.marysprayersrosaries.com/stmichael.asp"]Marysprayersrosaries[/url]

- maybe we could use it in this thread to pray for an end to all the negative stuff and for a healing of all the hurts (legitimate word ?).

Seems like spiritual warfare to me which is why the Chaplet of St Michael seems particularly appropiate to me.

If you think it's a good idea feel free to start whenever you want.

God bless

Pope St Clement 1
Posted

I'm off to bed. I'll check this thread again tomorrow.

God bless
Robert

Posted

I also posted this, here: [url="http://phorum.phatmass.com/index.php?showtopic=29746&hl="]http://phorum.phatmass.com/index.php?showtopic=29746&hl=[/url]
but I feel that more should probably read this, and that this thread has become the main topic of this situation.

What's happened on this website, I've not seen a lot of, as I got here about a month ago (that was a fast month) and what I saw when I first arrived, did appear to be like a family. I was intimidated by this, a little, but I run a website that is like a family also. Sites such as these are a rarity on the web. When you find a site like this, you must hold on to it. No great site, however, is without its' drama. It seems that the best things are attacked at every turn. My awesome community was hacked, not once, not twice, but THREE times last fall. They deleted the ENTIRETY of the forums.. every last post was either gone or in the wrong place.

And no community, no matter how tight knit, is without a little bit of drama every now and then. It is what we do to overcome that drama that makes us stronger as a whole and as individual members of that whole.

Leaving the site is up to you, I can't force you to stay, but I have to tell you that you are one of the members that made me feel welcome here. I'm trying my best to get to know the various personalities on this site, and from what I've seen: this site has a very diverse and eclectic group of people with the single common thread that we are all Catholic and we're all trying to get to heaven.

Our goal as a community should be, always, to build each other up, not tear each other down. To die unto ourselves, and put all others first. To take up our cross and carry it.

Overall, if there IS drama, and it's between a few people..those people should take a good long look at why there is the drama, and think about being honest with themselves and with the others involved. We're talkin' 100% honesty. Then, and only then, will the healing process begin. Everyone is in the same boat.. we're all going to die someday and God-willing be spending an eternity together in heaven. And after 5000 years in heaven, this forum drama will be long forgotten anyway, so learn from this, and move on. It's not rocket science.

Thanks for reading and God Bless!

Posted

[quote name='Specter' date='Feb 22 2005, 11:01 AM'] I also posted this, here: [url="http://phorum.phatmass.com/index.php?showtopic=29746&hl="]http://phorum.phatmass.com/index.php?showtopic=29746&hl=[/url]
but I feel that more should probably read this, and that this thread has become the main topic of this situation.

What's happened on this website, I've not seen a lot of, as I got here about a month ago (that was a fast month) and what I saw when I first arrived, did appear to be like a family. I was intimidated by this, a little, but I run a website that is like a family also. Sites such as these are a rarity on the web. When you find a site like this, you must hold on to it. No great site, however, is without its' drama. It seems that the best things are attacked at every turn. My awesome community was hacked, not once, not twice, but THREE times last fall. They deleted the ENTIRETY of the forums.. every last post was either gone or in the wrong place.

And no community, no matter how tight knit, is without a little bit of drama every now and then. It is what we do to overcome that drama that makes us stronger as a whole and as individual members of that whole.

Leaving the site is up to you, I can't force you to stay, but I have to tell you that you are one of the members that made me feel welcome here. I'm trying my best to get to know the various personalities on this site, and from what I've seen: this site has a very diverse and eclectic group of people with the single common thread that we are all Catholic and we're all trying to get to heaven.

Our goal as a community should be, always, to build each other up, not tear each other down. To die unto ourselves, and put all others first. To take up our cross and carry it.

Overall, if there IS drama, and it's between a few people..those people should take a good long look at why there is the drama, and think about being honest with themselves and with the others involved. We're talkin' 100% honesty. Then, and only then, will the healing process begin. Everyone is in the same boat.. we're all going to die someday and God-willing be spending an eternity together in heaven. And after 5000 years in heaven, this forum drama will be long forgotten anyway, so learn from this, and move on. It's not rocket science.

Thanks for reading and God Bless! [/quote]
:clap:

Posted

I feel your pain Raph. My long leave was for this problem (well not soley but it added to my decision)

Posted

What in the world?....

That's it I'm gonna go eat a burrito.

Homestarlover85
Posted

i came back for lent to :(

Ash Wednesday
Posted

I really have no idea what this is all about. I graduated high school over ten years ago.

I just have one bit of drama to share here.

Dear Lil Red, surely it isn't your MAC that is acting up? :weep:

Posted

I'm so out of the loop.

Can someone please e-mail me and let me know what's going on.... again.

Posted

[quote name='Ash Wednesday' date='Feb 22 2005, 10:55 AM'] Dear Lil Red, surely it isn't your MAC that is acting up? :weep: [/quote]
no, no, my home computer which is PC <_< go figure

Posted

I apologize if I (most likely to a degree) contributed to the drama, by posting a few threads about my recent problems and difficulties in Open Mic. I also have felt PM has gotten a little depressing recently with these types of threads, yet I fell into the trap. However, we should be aware that people do need someone to talk to or find answers. Phatmass is one of those places where a person can feel comfortable doing so.

Posted

I think a nice chat room that integrates with the phorum would be a nice place to "vent" so that the boards don't get clogged up with a lot of mess. Best part? Nothing stays and it all dissapears when you leave.

Posted

[quote name='dUSt' date='Feb 22 2005, 03:56 PM'] I think a nice chat room that integrates with the phorum would be a nice place to "vent" so that the boards don't get clogged up with a lot of mess. Best part? Nothing stays and it all dissapears when you leave. [/quote]
Tchyah...I agree.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...