An Old School Catholic Message Board

I HATE napoleon dynamite

karin

littleflower+JMJ

[quote name='Jazz4jesus' date='Feb 28 2005, 12:22 PM'] intresting we are asked for our opinions and in return of giving my opinions i am severly criticized and yelled at for not liking the movie. oh and dust i dont think i am superior. I know for a fact that they could make a movie out of PM and make fun of us. Yea maybe if my opinions are going to be treated like this i shouldnt even bother stating them. I thought i would be respected.

all i have to say now is GOOD DAY [/quote]
he was just clarifying because in your opinion about the movie you misjudged those who find it hilarious.

i laugh at pedro. my mom laughed at pedro, my whole family laughed at pedro.

why? cuz we could see ourselves in it......which only made it so much funnier lol

like everyone said you can see yourself in it, which to me was deb, napolean and pedro. :lol: they even nailed with the side ponytail hairdo lol :crackup: which i have a picture of my sister wearing... :rolling:

[quote]ok one i have a sense of humor and two, it was a poorly done movie, it moved to slow and what yall are luaghing at is the personality of the characters. That they are so ridiculasly stupid or social freaks or how they are losers or freaks. To me luaghing at them is the same as luaghing at retards, you are no better than those jocks in that movie. [/quote]

I know that this is just a silly movie, but the issue of the ability to look at a piece of art and have your opinion while still open to the opinions of others is very important.

This is applicable to way he handle bigger issues of theology as well. There is such a thing as objective truth and we should strive to embrace that and present it. However, when one doesn't agree we should accept that for what it is. You can still be loving and say, "I don't agree with that." Its okay, the world is filled with ambiguity.

"Pedro for President."

[url="http://phorum.phatmass.com/index.php?showtopic=29473&hl=napolean+dynamite,and,jesus"]My Reflection[/url]http://phorum.phatmass.com/index.php?showtopic=29473&hl=napolean+dynamite,and,jesus

Edited by Pontifex

Woah, I thought this thread was about hating Napoleon Dynamite. I myself found it hilarious, I'm just sick of everyone and their mom's dog quoting it all the time. Get your own personality already. I got annoyed just reading part of this thread. It was funny because we've all seen and done random stuff like that. But yeah, let's not quote it for the sake of our sanities.

The defect in this one is bleach.
That's correct.
Yessssssss.
This one tastes like the cow got into an onion patch.
Correct.
Yessssssss.

Ash Wednesday

WHY was this thread pinned? I suppose arguments over Napoleon Dynamite and movie quotes are more urgent than, say, prayers for the pope?

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='Ash Wednesday' date='Feb 28 2005, 04:22 PM'] WHY was this thread pinned? I suppose arguments over Napoleon Dynamite and movie quotes are more urgent than, say, prayers for the pope? [/quote]
I agree... its funny and all... but I didn't think it was pin-worthy. I think dUSt did it, though, because he thought it was funny.