An Old School Catholic Message Board

Do you accept

dairygirl4u2c

Do you accept that the RCC could possibly be wrong, and Christ still is true, and nature is true?  

60 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

argent_paladin

If Christ is Truth and the Church is the Body of Christ with Christ as its Head, then the Church, properly speaking, cannot be wrong, because that would mean that it was against the truth, against its own Head and against its own Bridegroom.

No, it is either Catholic or nothing. Anything else would mean a very short sighted God who let Christianity go astray for the first 1500 years of its existence.

Edited by Markh

I know that this point has been made on this board countless times but it bears repeating.

Since the canon of Scripture came out of the Catholic Church, if you do not believe in the correctness of the Catholic Church you have no basis for trusting the canon of Scripture. If you can not trust the Scriptures you have nothing to hold to.

Since you persist in asserting that the Catholic Church can be wrong, exactly why do you believe that the Bible is the correct collection of inpsired writings?

This ia a very elementary and important question.

If you can not answer it, what is the basis of your faith?

• 4 years later...
sacredheartandbloodofjesus

The Church is what gave us the Bible. So without the Church there would be no Christianity.

Ora et Labora

[quote name='sacredheartandbloodofjesus' date='19 January 2010 - 11:13 PM' timestamp='1263960786' post='2040520']
The Church is what gave us the Bible. So without the Church there would be no Christianity.
[/quote]

:yes: Agreed! I try telling my protestant acquaintances this, but it doesn't work. And THEN they tell me that I am the one who strayed from Christianity...

I don't...see...how that works? :rolleyes:

eagle_eye222001

I accept the fact that we may all well be following a good tall tale.

However, the Catholic Church is rise and fall of the Judeo-Christian God. I cannot ever become Protestant because it lacks the authority to teach in the name of Christ and historically speaking, they show up 1500 years late anyway.

If not Catholic, then I believe I would have to be agnostic where values are relative and Hitler's Germany, and Stalin's Soviet Union is justified.

This world makes much more sense with a god such as God, and holds meaning. Lack of God, means lack of meaning and lack of objective morals.

That much being said, I firmly believe Catholicism :sword: does not hold the easiest answers, but the best.

Groo the Wanderer

Presuming Catholic Church means Roman Catholic Church, then the entire poll is flawed and invalid. There is no such thing as the Roman Catholic Church. There is the Catholic Church, period. Inside the Catholic Church, there are many rites: Roman, Byzantine, Maronite, etc....

So I am forced to say I cannot speculate due to the fact that you are asking us to decide if a non-existent entity is wrong. That's just silly.

:mellow:

Ora et Labora

[quote name='eagle_eye222001' date='20 January 2010 - 10:19 AM' timestamp='1264000780' post='2040747']
That much being said, I firmly believe Catholicism :sword: does not hold the easiest answers, but the best.
[/quote]

:yes:

KeenanParkerII

No.

For all the reasons stated above and a whole progression of other reasons which drew me here. There is no other salvation save through Christ alone, and the Catholic Church is his.

Please read [url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=37010&st=0"]No Salvation Outside Catholic Church[/url] and [url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=69191"]One True Church[/url]

Please read your Church history. The Holy Scriptures was not written by Catholics much more to say your early Church fathers. They compiled it into one book which now we called ‘The Holy Bible’.

Just for info.

KeenanParkerII

The apostles are part of the early Catholic Church reyb. Who do you think think established our Church at Rome? The same people who received the Gospel and the same people who eventually compiled it.. What are they called? Catholics.

[quote name='KeenanParkerII' date='24 January 2010 - 10:33 AM' timestamp='1264347236' post='2043408']
The apostles are part of the early Catholic Church reyb. Who do you think think established our Church at Rome? The same people who received the Gospel and the same people who eventually compiled it.. What are they called? Catholics.
[/quote]

are you referring to Apostle Paul and Peter?