Tony Posted April 16, 2005 Posted April 16, 2005 [quote name='rachael' date='Apr 15 2005, 10:09 PM'] why do people have to be so mean to laura? she's a good girl :thumb: [/quote] shes a great girl.. I dont think anyones intent was ever to be mean to her though. but if Im mistaken.. I apologise
rachael Posted April 16, 2005 Posted April 16, 2005 [quote name='Tony' date='Apr 15 2005, 10:16 PM'] shes a great girl.. I dont think anyones intent was ever to be mean to her though. but if Im mistaken.. I apologise [/quote] :nono: it's all good.
rachael Posted April 16, 2005 Posted April 16, 2005 [quote name='Ash Wednesday' date='Apr 15 2005, 10:24 PM'] Who is Laura? [/quote] hugheyforlife
picchick Posted April 16, 2005 Posted April 16, 2005 Wait wait wait... I didn't see any meaness.. Can someone show it. I didn't read the whole post.
rachael Posted April 16, 2005 Posted April 16, 2005 [quote name='picchick' date='Apr 15 2005, 10:35 PM'] Wait wait wait... I didn't see any meaness.. Can someone show it. I didn't read the whole post. [/quote] i dunno. maybe it just seems like it?
picchick Posted April 16, 2005 Posted April 16, 2005 Maybe people are just trying to lighten the mood. I don't think anyone would dare make fun of or be mean with anyone of the foundation members. meg
franciscanheart Posted April 16, 2005 Author Posted April 16, 2005 i dont think anyone was being mean but the attacks came off that way shes just being a good friend and i appreciate it
rachael Posted April 16, 2005 Posted April 16, 2005 [quote name='hugheyforlife' date='Apr 15 2005, 10:52 PM']i dont think anyone was being mean but the attacks came off that way shes just being a good friend and i appreciate it[/quote] [img]http://www.flyfreeministries.org/forum/style_emoticons/default/talk024.gif[/img]
jmjtina Posted April 16, 2005 Posted April 16, 2005 We don't know everyone's life story. So it's a little extreme to ask us to be cautious about something we don't know what to be cautious about. I don't think anyone here means any true offense, and people should remember that. If you think it is, report it. Other wise, as long it's PG-13, it's fine. I understand most of us here talk on MSN and know each other more. So then I ask you, please be more considerate to those who may not know what you are talking about or going through, before saying that people are inconsiderate. There are no "attacks" in this thread that I see. It's called a discussion board folks.
rachael Posted April 16, 2005 Posted April 16, 2005 [quote name='jmjtina' date='Apr 15 2005, 11:12 PM'] There are no "attacks" in this thread that I see. It's called a discussion board folks. [/quote] i was kidding
jmjtina Posted April 16, 2005 Posted April 16, 2005 [quote name='rachael' date='Apr 15 2005, 09:15 PM'] i was kidding [/quote] as our dear Winchester would say, "If you can't play with the big kids, go back to the sandbox."
franciscanheart Posted April 16, 2005 Author Posted April 16, 2005 *shrug* i dont know what else to say. read what micah said and what nick said. theyve said some of the best things so far. both of them understand what im trying to say while many others are just taking what im saying all the wrong way. this should not have gotten this out of hand and im sorry that i ever opened my mouth. now things are being made fun of and while its all supposed to be a light-hearted joke sometimes it just isnt funny.
rachael Posted April 16, 2005 Posted April 16, 2005 [quote name='hugheyforlife' date='Apr 15 2005, 11:19 PM'] *shrug* i dont know what else to say. read what micah said and what nick said. theyve said some of the best things so far. both of them understand what im trying to say while many others are just taking what im saying all the wrong way. this should not have gotten this out of hand and im sorry that i ever opened my mouth. now things are being made fun of and while its all supposed to be a light-hearted joke sometimes it just isnt funny. [/quote] :group:
jmjtina Posted April 16, 2005 Posted April 16, 2005 [quote name='hugheyforlife' date='Apr 15 2005, 09:19 PM'] *shrug* i dont know what else to say. read what micah said and what nick said. theyve said some of the best things so far. both of them understand what im trying to say while many others are just taking what im saying all the wrong way. this should not have gotten this out of hand and im sorry that i ever opened my mouth. now things are being made fun of and while its all supposed to be a light-hearted joke sometimes it just isnt funny. [/quote] micah and nick talk to you, don't they? Of course they understand. Like I said, we don't know everyone's lifestory.
franciscanheart Posted April 16, 2005 Author Posted April 16, 2005 its not that they know my lifestory. its because they knew my intent. everyone else took my intent the wrong way. i think its because they know so many with trigger problems. anyway....
franciscanheart Posted April 16, 2005 Author Posted April 16, 2005 [quote name='Mickey's_Girl' date='Apr 14 2005, 09:46 AM'] I'm not going to add to the "trigger alert"/no trigger alert discussion (since I have no idea what you're even talking about), but I agree that occasional reminders to be considerate are appropriate. As nearly every board I've ever been on, Phatmass occasionally get so heated and rude that it's tiresome to be here. I think that problem is endemic to any board that has so many people contributing. Another way to deal with the "yikes, I didn't want to read that" thing could be for people to label threads that they start a little more accurately. I can't tell you how many times I've seen a vaguely labeled thread ("This is terrible..." "This makes me sick..." "Please pray...") that ended up being something I didn't want to read...but you have to read it to know what it is. Sure, I could just ignore those...but I could ignore the whole board, too. That's not the point of being on here. Also, thinking about how one's words might sound to another, before posting, is always a good plan. James 1:19 has good advice: "Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry." There's always the chance that, even with a careful post, someone could take one's words the wrong way. That doesn't mean we should "censor" ourselves, but censorship is not the same thing as charity and tact. Somewhere there is a balance between my right to speak and my obligation to consider other people. MG [/quote] another person who can say things better than me.
Ash Wednesday Posted April 16, 2005 Posted April 16, 2005 I myself really didn't mean to be "mean" -- but I was somewhat offended that I was being painted to be this insensitive broad that didn't think consideration was necessary on "non trigger boards" when I was just talking about encorcement of a policy. Maybe I am just taking that the wrong way.
rachael Posted April 16, 2005 Posted April 16, 2005 i think we're all misunderstanding each other. i know i'm confused.
franciscanheart Posted April 16, 2005 Author Posted April 16, 2005 I'm sorry that you took it this way because I didn't mean to label you as being insensitive. I was frustrated by the reaction to my simple request and in my haste to post might have said things in such a way that I made you out to be a bad person. This was furthest from my intent. I have generally always looked up to you and still do. I know that you are kind person. We disagree on this issue. I think the main reason is due to miscommunication of my request. I take all of the blame for that and this whole mess that has sparked because of it. I really didn't mean to make you feel bad or attacked. I strongly disagreed with some of what you said and maybe I even took some of what you said the wrong way. I tried to examine your post closely and each time it came across the same way to me. The point is that I never meant to make you feel that I thought of you as an insensitive person. I'm sorry for that. -_-
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now