An Old School Catholic Message Board

Masturbation

Q the Ninja

Are you completely comfortable with it?  

329 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Brother Adam

As someone who was a slave to masturbation as a teenager (because I grew up in a denomination that said is perfectly normal and healthy), I can say that I find freedom from such a degrading sin a blessing. I never felt further away from God than when I had done that. People who argue for masturbation are simply slaves to their own impulses and are caught up in hedonism. How we have forgotten how embrace chastity and how we have forgotten how to embrace suffering as a culture! For me it took regular prayer, fasting, enrolling myself in the scapular of Mt. Carmel, and asking Mary for her intercession, and remembering that NOTHING is truly done in secret so that I could remain chaste to break the addiction. Fasting is so critical for men and women who are addicted. You have to learn how to master your own body instead of being a slave to it.

Edited by Brother Adam

+J.M.J.+
well, i wouldn't make love to my hubby in front of my mom, but that doesn't make making love to my hubby wrong :huh:

Archaeology cat

[quote name='Lil Red' post='1531088' date='May 17 2008, 06:05 AM']+J.M.J.+
well, i wouldn't make love to my hubby in front of my mom, but that doesn't make making love to my hubby wrong :huh:[/quote]
I was thinking that, as well. Maybe it would be better worded if you would mind you mother knowing about something (but not necessarily see it).

:underdog:

Archaeology cat

[quote name='Brother Adam' post='1530069' date='May 16 2008, 05:02 AM']As someone who was a slave to masturbation as a teenager (because I grew up in a denomination that said is perfectly normal and healthy), I can say that I find freedom from such a degrading sin a blessing. I never felt further away from God than when I had done that. People who argue for masturbation are simply slaves to their own impulses and are caught up in hedonism. How we have forgotten how embrace chastity and how we have forgotten how to embrace suffering as a culture! For me it took regular prayer, fasting, enrolling myself in the scapular of Mt. Carmel, and asking Mary for her intercession, and remembering that NOTHING is truly done in secret so that I could remain chaste to break the addiction. Fasting is so critical for men and women who are addicted. You have to learn how to master your own body instead of being a slave to it.[/quote]
Thank you for sharing that, Bro. Adam.

:underdog:

[quote name='Lil Red' post='1531088' date='May 17 2008, 02:05 AM']+J.M.J.+
well, i wouldn't make love to my hubby in front of my mom, but that doesn't make making love to my hubby wrong :huh:[/quote]
I think that "rule" is meant for dating couples who are not yet marries.

It's an okay rule of thumb. It doesn't work all of the time, depending on the parents. As for me, I'd feel weird cuddling on a couch with my honey in front of my parents. Or kissing her on the forehead.

[quote name='Groo the Wanderer' post='1311569' date='Jul 3 2007, 08:36 PM']How can one do that unknowingly? :idontknow:[/quote]

Wet dreams...

• 2 months later...
White Knight

[quote name='Brother Adam' post='1530069' date='May 16 2008, 12:02 AM']As someone who was a slave to masturbation as a teenager (because I grew up in a denomination that said is perfectly normal and healthy), I can say that I find freedom from such a degrading sin a blessing. I never felt further away from God than when I had done that. People who argue for masturbation are simply slaves to their own impulses and are caught up in hedonism. How we have forgotten how embrace chastity and how we have forgotten how to embrace suffering as a culture! For me it took regular prayer, fasting, enrolling myself in the scapular of Mt. Carmel, and asking Mary for her intercession, and remembering that NOTHING is truly done in secret so that I could remain chaste to break the addiction. Fasting is so critical for men and women who are addicted. You have to learn how to master your own body instead of being a slave to it.[/quote]

Amen to that.

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1224487' date='Mar 31 2007, 09:33 PM']Take a[b] [color="#0000ff"]COLD[/color][/b] shower, you will get over it.[/quote]

:D I love you :P

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='Groo the Wanderer' post='1311569' date='Jul 3 2007, 05:36 PM']How can one do that unknowingly? :idontknow:[/quote]

You know how some people sleep walk? well, there are the unfortunate few who do that in their sleep (sex mostly) and they usually don't know their doing it either. that is one explanation.

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='Deb' post='1531030' date='May 16 2008, 11:56 PM']The old rule, if it is something you wouldn't do in front of your mom, don't do it.[/quote]

i wouldn't do #2 in front of my mom. Or #1 for that matter.