An Old School Catholic Message Board

Does the ecumenical movement have a future?

Myles Domini

Does the ecumenical movement have a future?  

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

LouisvilleFan

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='15 June 2010 - 03:28 PM' timestamp='1276626527' post='2129326']
Since it happens with very high frequency, that would be some coincidence.
[/quote]

Honestly, who cares? This place is just a web site and most of us here hardly know each other. I come here for good conversation and to think about things deeper than mundane life.

Guess we're done with the ecumenical movement topic.

The poll proves by a vote of 19 (Yes) to 9 (No) that the ecumenical movement has a future. :D

LouisvilleFan

[quote name='Apotheoun' date='16 June 2010 - 04:46 PM' timestamp='1276717580' post='2130003']
The poll proves by a vote of 19 (Yes) to 9 (No) that the ecumenical movement has a future. :D
[/quote]

Though we do have a significant swing vote count of 13... if most of them go No, the Yesses will have to pull their papal weight.

IgnatiusofLoyola

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='15 June 2010 - 01:28 PM' timestamp='1276626527' post='2129326']
Since it happens with very high frequency, that would be some coincidence.
[/quote]

"I" notice points, including my own point count.

I think it's unfair to give someone a -1 simply because their point of view is different than yours. -1's should be reserved for posts that are rude, disrespectful, non-charitable, or just plain mean.

Because of that, I use up most of my +1's "undoing" -1's that I think are unfair.

Personally, I'd do away with the point system altogether. I know that, for me at least, it often keeps me from expressing my opinion, or even asking a question. I suspect that people are often less "honest" about their true views (by their silence) because of the point system.

I don't think any of the -1's are accidents.

Edited by IgnatiusofLoyola

[quote name='LouisvilleFan' date='16 June 2010 - 01:49 PM' timestamp='1276717757' post='2130006']
Though we do have a significant swing vote count of 13... if most of them go No, the Yesses will have to pull their papal weight.
[/quote]
The people who voted "possibly" clearly lean in favor of ecumenism, but you could create a new poll without that option. :D

LouisvilleFan

[quote name='Apotheoun' date='16 June 2010 - 04:59 PM' timestamp='1276718354' post='2130025']
The people who voted "possibly" clearly lean in favor of ecumenism, but you could create a new poll without that option. :D
[/quote]

My religion was founded by a Man. He doesn't do polls. :smokey: