An Old School Catholic Message Board

True Devotion to Mary

Seven77

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

Can do, sorry I was MIA for the first discussion, are we discussing again on Sunday?

[quote name='FutureNunJMJ' date='May 12 2005, 08:28 PM'] Can do, sorry I was MIA for the first discussion, are we discussing again on Sunday? [/quote]
post your thoughts anytime!

[quote name='Seven77' date='May 15 2005, 11:29 AM']
[/quote]
[quote][b]When the Holy Spirit, her spouse, finds Mary in a soul, he hastens there and enters fully into it.[/b] He gives himself generously to that soul according to the place it has given to his spouse. One of the main reasons why the Holy Spirit does not work striking wonders in souls is that he fails to find in them a sufficiently close union with his faithful and inseparable spouse. I say "inseparable spouse", for from the moment the substantial love of the Father and the Son espoused Mary to form Jesus, the head of the elect, and Jesus in the elect, he has never disowned her, for she has always been faithful and fruitful.[/quote]

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

[quote name='Seven77' date='May 15 2005, 10:29 AM'] post your thoughts anytime! [/quote]
awesome :cool:

I really like reading about Mary's hidden-ness... it just makes a hidden life so much more alluring!
I didn't get up to 36 yet... but, just reading about her enspousement (is that even a word?) to the Holy Spirit, and when He finds true devotion to Mary within a soul, He comes into that soul readily! And also, since I started reading this book again, I've started praying the Rosary every day again :)

I feel like I do when I'm reading the annoying beginning of self-help book, where the author goes on and on about how his great method will help you too...

...and all the time I'm thinking, yes, yes, I got it! Now get to what I'm supposed to do!

:D

[quote name='FutureNunJMJ' date='May 15 2005, 08:38 PM'] awesome :cool:
I didn't get up to 36 yet... but, just reading about her enspousement (is that even a word?) to the Holy Spirit, and when He finds true devotion to Mary within a soul, He comes into that soul readily! And also, since I started reading this book again, I've started praying the Rosary every day again :) [/quote]
yeah... reading about the espousement of Our Lady and the Holy Spirit gives you a great insight into Acts 1.14: "All these with one accord devoted themselves to prayer, together with the women and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brothers." Pentecost is the Annunciation Part II!

Mother Mary leads me to the Blessed Trinity.

I have read through chapter two. No time to comment much. :(

Lovely chapter. Makes me think I am not a very good devotee! Must work on it.