An Old School Catholic Message Board

~*~The Dominican Nuns of the Heart of Jesus~*~

Chorusgirl

Chorusgirl

Count down: 20 Days!!!

I am sort of speechless as to what to say. I have many mixed emotions right now but my desire to be a Dominican Nun does not cease. I feel God calling me and I wish to follow.

I guess I never really realized how much my family and friends would miss me. But as my entrance day draws near everything is becoming clearer. I love my friends and family so much but I do not want to live a life of complacency. I do not wish to simply be satisfied with my relationship with God, but to instead always become closer in our relationship.

I know that if I were not to answere Gods call, I would be deeply upset, for there would be an emptyness deep within my soul. Yes, I could do many things but in knowing I wasn't doing God's will, I would personally be in great dismay.

God is so good!! Thank you Lord for a new day, for blessing me with life!!!

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

Wonderful wonderful news! Let me tell you what an inspiration that you are to me! It was wonderful also to see pictures of Mother Mary Valerie and Sister Mary Imelda! I really do miss them and I have been terriably awful about writing them, and just about anyone else I write to!
This is so exciting! What is the date set for? I will be sure to offer up many prayers for you that day! I would try to figure it out from the countdown, but people countdown differently...
I am so excited for you and the Dominicans as well!!!! You make me want to drop out of college and go enter the monaster now! But I think I will stick out one more year of college...
God bless you! Thank the Lord you have opened your heart and listened to the Will of Our Lord, calling you to be his most beautiful bride! I feel like crying :) This is wonderful!!!!!!!!!!! We will remember you in our prayers always!

oh My marjorie i am so excoted for you!! I get jitters just thinking abut it. i am so excited!!! yay! and when I come you will almost be a postulant. tee hee God is so awesome. ttyl
Karin

Chorusgirl

[quote name='FutureNunJMJ' date='May 8 2005, 08:54 PM'] Wonderful wonderful news! Let me tell you what an inspiration that you are to me! It was wonderful also to see pictures of Mother Mary Valerie and Sister Mary Imelda! I really do miss them and I have been terriably awful about writing them, and just about anyone else I write to!
This is so exciting! What is the date set for? I will be sure to offer up many prayers for you that day! I would try to figure it out from the countdown, but people countdown differently...
I am so excited for you and the Dominicans as well!!!! You make me want to drop out of college and go enter the monaster now! But I think I will stick out one more year of college...
God bless you! Thank the Lord you have opened your heart and listened to the Will of Our Lord, calling you to be his most beautiful bride! I feel like crying :) This is wonderful!!!!!!!!!!! We will remember you in our prayers always! [/quote]
Hello!! Aww... Thank you SO much!! You are such a sweetheart!! My entrance date is on May 29th, 2005. Tee hee... So soon... Yea, I suppose people do have different ways of counting down. :) Thank you so much for your kindness, support and prayers. Take care and may God bless you abundantly!

Chorusgirl

[quote name='karin' date='May 8 2005, 09:21 PM'] oh My marjorie i am so excoted for you!! I get jitters just thinking abut it. i am so excited!!! yay! and when I come you will almost be a postulant. tee hee God is so awesome. ttyl
Karin [/quote]
Hey Karin!!! Thank you SO much!! I cannot wait to meet you, how exciting!!! La la la... I am so happy to enter and SO excited to see you in August. :) God IS so awesome!! Take care and may God bless you!

Love in Christ,
Marjorie

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

[quote name='Chorusgirl' date='May 9 2005, 06:11 AM'] Hello!! Aww... Thank you SO much!! You are such a sweetheart!! My entrance date is on May 29th, 2005. Tee hee... So soon... Yea, I suppose people do have different ways of counting down. :) Thank you so much for your kindness, support and prayers. Take care and may God bless you abundantly! [/quote]
You are entering on the feast of Corpus Christi!!!! Wonderful!!! I am soooo happy and excited for you! I would ask you to write about it, but you won't be able to :P I am so excited for you though!!!!!!!!!!

Totus Tuus

This is so exciting for you, Marjorie. I hope everything continues to go smoothly. I am definitely going to have to have a countdown thread before I enter! lol God bless you :)

Chorusgirl

[quote name='FutureNunJMJ' date='May 9 2005, 11:09 AM'] You are entering on the feast of Corpus Christi!!!! Wonderful!!! I am soooo happy and excited for you! I would ask you to write about it, but you won't be able to :P I am so excited for you though!!!!!!!!!! [/quote]
Hey! I know, yay, its so exciting to enter on the Feast of Corpus Christi!! Thank you for being so kind and supportive! God is so awesome!!!

Chorusgirl

[quote name='Totus Tuus' date='May 9 2005, 11:41 AM'] This is so exciting for you, Marjorie. I hope everything continues to go smoothly. I am definitely going to have to have a countdown thread before I enter! lol God bless you :) [/quote]
:) Thank you!! Thats a good idea, you should do a count down too!!

hey marjorie. just counting down with you. lalalla I am so excitd. You will be such a wonderful holy nun too. lol ttyl hun.
Karin

Chorusgirl

[quote name='karin' date='May 9 2005, 08:20 PM'] hey marjorie. just counting down with you. lalalla I am so excitd. You will be such a wonderful holy nun too. lol ttyl hun.
Karin [/quote]
Hey karin!! Thank you so much, you are such a sweety!! Tee hee... I am SO excited!!

Chorusgirl

Count down: 19 days!!!

People continue to ask me as they find out im leaving... Why did you choose this life, why this order?!?! They look at me with a great state of confusion, mouths dropped and quite curious. Wont you be lonely? Doesn't it upset you that you will never marry or have children? And the never ending list of questions continues...

As I listen to there questions and try to put into words how I feel, I am reminded even moreso how happy I am that I will be entering the convent. I do not feel lonely, or regret knowing I will never get married or have children. In fact, I think I would be feeling lonely if I were to not answere God's call.

At a little gathering after school today my class mates continued to ask me questions and were "stunned" as they put it, yet amazed and happy for me. Although they may not understand my reasoning they could sense my joy. My class mates were telling me how happy I appeared and how that filled them with joy. God is SO good!!

I even was asked questions about shopping, tee hee... I simply said, shopping is fun, yes... But I do not need it, that this is worth it and will bring true joy. As I think about it more deeply nothing can compare to Gods unconditional love and His will for us all. I trust in our Lord and am filled with a pure peace, love and joy. I am extremely estatic and am becoming even more giddier by the hour... Tee hee...

And as I draw closer to God the worldly, materialistic things loose all interest in my site. I seem to no longer be attracted to these things but instead even more so to God and our Mother Mary, to holy men and woman of God.

Thank you Lord God for blessing me with my faith family. Thank you!!

Chorusgirl

[quote name='karin' date='May 9 2005, 09:40 PM'] how did your concert go tonight? [/quote]
Hey Karin!! It went lovely, thank you for asking. I chose to not sing in it but my friends all sang beautiful songs!! To my surprise many of my class mates sang religous songs, it was amazing, and at a public school! Praise God!!

oh my your posts are so inspiring marjorie. i am so happy for you. I will miss you so much. it makes me so happy sometimes i want to cry tears of joy for you when i think of your happiness in Christ.
Luvs in Christ
Karin