An Old School Catholic Message Board

~*~The Dominican Nuns of the Heart of Jesus~*~

Chorusgirl

Hey Margery,

Congrats on entering in a few days! It was cool to see you in person. Sorry I didn't introduce myself better!

Chorusgirl

[quote name='karin' date='May 9 2005, 10:18 PM'] oh my your posts are so inspiring marjorie. i am so happy for you. I will miss you so much. it makes me so happy sometimes i want to cry tears of joy for you when i think of your happiness in Christ.
Luvs in Christ
Karin [/quote]
Hey Karin!! Aww... Thank you!! Honestly though, you are the inspiring one!! Thanks for being so encouraging!! Take care and may God bless you!

Chorusgirl

[quote name='jgirl' date='May 10 2005, 07:13 AM'] Hey Margery,

Congrats on entering in a few days! It was cool to see you in person. Sorry I didn't introduce myself better! [/quote]
Hey!! It was great to see you too!! No, you introduced yourself fine, thank you!! Im a silly girl, ha ha... I should have known it was you. Take care and may God bless you!

Chorusgirl

Count down: 18 days!!!

Hello!! I am so happy!! I had another doctors appointment today and my doctor is so nice and cool!! He was very interested in me entering the convent and was SO supportive!! Then... after my appointment as I sat upon the examination table, he asked me if I would like to pray with him. Wow!! I was so happy!! So we bowed our heads and joined in prayer and he said the most beautiful prayer, speaking from his soul!!

I was filled with such an immense joy today as we prayed together at the doctors office I had to hold back tears. I was completely shocked, never expecting a doctor to want to pray with me, how touching!!

Chorusgirl

[quote name='SarahB' date='May 10 2005, 09:44 PM'] That's awesome. It's really encouraging when something like that happens. :D [/quote]
Thank you!! I agree, it was very encouraging!! Tee hee... My doctor is coolio!

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

Did you have a psychological exam yet, or is that after you enter the postulancy?

Chorusgirl

[quote name='FutureNunJMJ' date='May 11 2005, 02:45 PM'] Did you have a psychological exam yet, or is that after you enter the postulancy? [/quote]
Hello! I haven't taken a test like that, im not really sure how that works...

[quote name='FutureNunJMJ' date='May 11 2005, 02:45 PM'] Did you have a psychological exam yet, or is that after you enter the postulancy? [/quote]
I don't know about Marjorie's order, but I didn't have to take one for the Sister Servants, and my friend's order it's on an as needed basis (if you're wacko, I guess). I heard everybody has to do it in Nashville.

Chorusgirl

[quote name='jgirl' date='May 11 2005, 10:20 PM'] I don't know about Marjorie's order, but I didn't have to take one for the Sister Servants, and my friend's order it's on an as needed basis (if you're wacko, I guess). I heard everybody has to do it in Nashville. [/quote]
Thanks!! :)

Chorusgirl

Count down: 17 days!!!

Tonight on channel 4 news I watched a special on the cloistered life. It was very beautiful and exciting to watch. They spoke with some Poor Clare Nuns and I think the way in which the news reporters portrayed tonights interviews was wonderful. It really showed the peace and love that the sisters experiance and the pure bliss.

It was really exciting to watch this on the news tonight, I kept thinking how excited I am to enter the Dominican Nuns of the Heart of Jesus!!! I feel Gods love pouring down on me and I am thrilled to study and learn more and to spend a life in prayer!! Oh wow, im so excited!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"...For there is no distinction, since all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" - Romans 3.22-23

"But to one who without works trusts him who justifies the ungodly, such faith is reckoned as righteousness." - Romans 4.5

"...in the presence of the God in whom he believed, who gives life to the dead and calls into existence the things that do not exist." - Romans 4.17

I want to always have this attitude in life and towards God...

"No distrust made him waver concerning the promise of God, but he grew strong in his faith as he gave glory to God, being fully convinced that God was able to do what he had promised." - Romans 4.20-21

"And not only that, but we also boast in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not disappoint us, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit that has been given to us..." - Romans 5.3-5

"But God proves his love for us in that while we still were sinners Christ died for us." - Romans 5.8

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Tee hee... Those were some bible quotes that stood out to me tonight...some of them, ha ha... Anyhoo, take care all...

Gosh... im SO EXCITED about entering!! I keep saying this but its like the joy is bursting from my soul, I cannot contain this pure bliss!! Praise God!! Thank you LORD!!

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

:hearts: its getting closer... day by day... this is making me get excited too!

Chorusgirl

[quote name='FutureNunJMJ' date='May 12 2005, 11:49 AM'] :hearts: its getting closer... day by day... this is making me get excited too! [/quote]
tee hee.... aww, thanks! The excitement is spreading as Gods love spreads through out His children!! La la la...

Chorusgirl

Count down: 16 days!!!

Hello!! It's getting late so I do not have much time to write and reflect a lot. I am filled with so much joy right now though, it continues to grow and grow!! I went to adoration tonight and it was so lovely being in the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ!! Whoa!! My heart always pounds so hard and fast in adoration, im in amazement and awe!!

Through out the entire day I have been thinking about happy and exicted I am to enter the convent. Then my friend called me to talk more about it and that was lovely. He is a great guy, use to be in the seminary for many years and has helped me a great deal in discerning my vocation.

La la la... God is SO good!! Thank you Lord for today! I praise you God!

Birgitta Noel

Hi :wavey: We are really close by, I watched the same thing on the Poor Claires! Is there anything you need before you leave? I'd love to help a local PMer :)