An Old School Catholic Message Board

Is making out okay?

KobeScott8

Noel's angel

ahhh right, sorry woops. Didn't realise I couldn't type that word. At least now I know I'm not going mad

Noel's angel

i tried to type that word as two spereate words and thats why it didn't allow me to type it

son_of_angels

just a thought guys, arousal is a natural human process, it is not a sin because it is not an act of will. If you go around trying to prevent being aroused then, frankly, you are being STUPID. Arousal is not the same as lust, which is an act of will.

Now, making out would be a sin if it implied an act of will intended for sexual intercourse, in a relationship unsuited for this act of procreation. This could be considered lust and therefore, sin.

lust is intentionally seeking out arousal. they're not saying run around avoiding arousal all the time, they're saying don't seek out arousal.

franciscanheart

and like qtheninja said, most people are aroused during a "make-out session"

dont make out. kissing is so intimate. save it for your spouse!!

Once a relationship gets physical, it risks becoming just that. Instead of caring for the other person, you start caring for their body. A physical relationship only cheapens the object of one's love.

cmotherofpirl

Making out is limiting your relationship with another person to just their body, when their heart and soul are their most important part. :)
Sexualizing a relationship means growth stops on most other levels. :(
People then become objects of sin.