An Old School Catholic Message Board

Da Vinci Code

MC Just

Watch through the whole thing, I thought the History Channel did an excellent job. They went through everything giving it all the benefit of the doubt, and then in the end they smashed it down.

Some one asked some actor what his favorite book was.

He's like,

"The Da Vinci Code, because I love reading about the history of religion..."

[i]............it's in the freakin FICTION [/i]section, yo! :angry:
I believe religion aand History can be found in NON-fiction under either the 150s or 900s...[i]Oi chiwa...[/i] :blink:

why is the book of morons in the non fiction section? ooo im so bad :(
ive seen alot of different things on tv about it. seems interesting.

sorry, lol, the DaVinci code[i] i[/i][i]s[/i] under Fiction I meant.
In other words, the guy picked up a book that is fiction and took it as the History of Religion,

although if this were true it would be under non-fiction...that's what I meant... :)

Yer right its somewhat intriguing, but only in the sense of a really intricate fable or somethin...a very masonic fable... :D

photosynthesis

it's supposed to be a really tantalizing read. Everyone I know who's read it says they can't put it down, even though they're appalled at all of the lies. Supposedly a movie is coming out in 2006, starring Tom Hanks... now, who doesn't like Tom Hanks?

I hope the movie tanks at the box office and no one sees it.

LOL
well it well written in one sense...
as in,
it draws you in

but the character development is not good...as far as fiction writing goes

I plan on reading it just to see what all the hype's about, to see if its actually well-written, which i highly doubt- although it has been on reserve at my library for 4 years...
[i]and theeen[/i].....

i can tear it apart....

mwahaaa ^_^

I've read it. As a fiction book, it does draw you in. It's a murder mystery, mostly.

The info about the Church is all wrong, as we all know. But that's why it's labeled "fiction."

i'll save you the trouble. I read the first page and the last one.

NOthing happens in the book. (or my version at least)

now if only there were more books like that. :D

[quote name='jezic' date='Jun 24 2005, 04:03 PM']i'll save you the trouble. I read the first page and the last one.

NOthing happens in the book. (or my version at least)

now if only there were more books like that. :D
[right][snapback]622026[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

[i]ooooh gosh- [/i]
are you one of those obnoxious people who in high school read the book jacket
and the first paragraph and then got A's on book reports?? .....................[i]me too! [/i] ;) hahaha and i actually got Cs on the ones I did read...but um, moving on...

-and yeah,
of course its labeled fiction--but there are NON fiction books with all the half-cocked theories treated as fact in the book
for ex-

[b]Holy Blood Holy Grail[/b]=bad

what happens is ppl read davinci code and then a whole chain of events stems from that...
they research the idea of jesus' wife and kids and start reading wacko books that [i]claim[/i] to be history books..all i'm sayin is it gets ppl thinkin, not in a good way, either...

[quote name='Semperviva' date='Jun 24 2005, 04:15 PM'][i]ooooh gosh- [/i]
are you one of those obnoxious people who in high school read the book jacket
and the first paragraph and then got A's on book reports?? .....................[i]me too! [/i] ;) hahaha and i actually got Cs on the ones I did read...but um, moving on...

-and yeah,
of course its labeled fiction--but there are NON fiction books with all the half-cocked theories treated as fact in the book
for ex-

[b]Holy Blood Holy Grail[/b]=bad

what happens is ppl read davinci code and then a whole chain of events stems from that...
they research the idea of jesus' wife and kids and start reading wacko books that [i]claim[/i] to be history books..all i'm sayin is it gets ppl thinkin, not in a good way, either...
[right][snapback]622039[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Funny thing is, alot of people who reject Jesus founding a Church, sising from the dead,etc., etc., on the basis of it not being "historical" jump to beleive this nonsense about gnostic gospels and conspiracies and secret bloodlines and French royalty being descended from Jesus.

no actually i usually read the whole book more than once but this time, for no real reason i decided i hated the da vinci code but wanted to say i started reading it. SO i did.

Then i finished my reading.

It was a good book in my view. I got a 30 second hello and a 45 second goodbye and that makes a pretty good book. :D

[quote name='Socrates' date='Jun 24 2005, 04:22 PM']Funny thing is, alot of people who reject Jesus founding a Church, sising from the dead,etc., etc., on the basis of it not being "historical" jump to beleive this nonsense about gnostic gospels and conspiracies and secret bloodlines and French royalty being descended from Jesus.
[right][snapback]622044[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

they read fiction for history

and see history as fiction

.........................................................and we're the ones stuck in the "[i]dark ages[/i]".........

Edited by Semperviva