An Old School Catholic Message Board

jabs at Catholicism

avemaria40

quote from www.thereturncurve.blogspot.com:

"I have been thinking about conversions recently. A visiting priest, the witty, reverent, and traditional Fr. Fasano (the spelling may not be correct), gave an awesome homily in honor of the Feast of the Conversion of St. Paul. (As Dr. Fahey said with all his habitual wryness, "This is an occasion of gladness for many, as today the Old and new calendars agree for once.") Fr. Fasano spoke about someone who had asked him to make him a Catholic on his deathbed, and mentioned several of the many other people who have done so as well, like John Wayne, and Mae West ("I may not be able to live like a Catholic, but I sure can die as one.") [b]"Somehow," Father mused, "No one ever seems to be siezed with a sudden longing to die a Methodist, or a Unitarian. No, when they think of death, they think of coming home, and they wish to come home to the Church."[/b]

Edited by Semperviva

[quote name='Semperviva' date='Jun 29 2005, 03:43 PM']quote from www.thereturncurve.blogspot.com:
"I have been thinking about conversions recently. A visiting priest, the witty, reverent, and traditional Fr. Fasano (the spelling may not be correct), gave an awesome homily in honor of the Feast of the Conversion of St. Paul. (As Dr. Fahey said with all his habitual wryness, "This is an occasion of gladness for many, as today the Old and new calendars agree for once.") Fr. Fasano spoke about someone who had asked him to make him a Catholic on his deathbed, and mentioned several of the many other people who have done so as well, like John Wayne, and Mae West ("I may not be able to live like a Catholic, but I sure can die as one.") [b]"Somehow," Father mused, "No one ever seems to be siezed with a sudden longing to die a Methodist, or a Unitarian. No, when they think of death, they think of coming home, and they wish to come home to the Church."[/b]
[right][snapback]627725[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

It appears the author of that blog went to my Alma Mater. How'd you learn of that blog?

[quote name='Socrates' date='Jun 29 2005, 04:14 PM']It appears the author of that blog went to my Alma Mater.  How'd you learn of that blog?
[right][snapback]627747[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

i dunno whose blog it is, Soc :D