Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recommended Posts

Don John of Austria
Posted

[quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Jul 13 2005, 08:47 PM']So, if I believe a book to be horrible then it follows that I want to burn it?
[right][snapback]642596[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]


Well Catcher in the Rye is precisly that horrible. I have burned that book and will most likly continue to do so when given the oppertunity but it is not that I think they all should be burned I just really really despise that book and by destroying copies I hope to prevent at least someone from being exposed to the horror that is that book.

Don John of Austria
Posted

[quote name='Raphael' date='Jul 13 2005, 08:59 PM']Can you even burn a book?  Do books float?
[right][snapback]642612[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I think the more appropriate question would be does a Harry Potter book wiegh the same as a duck!

Posted

[quote name='Don John of Austria' date='Jul 13 2005, 10:49 PM']Well Catcher in the Rye is precisly that horrible. I have burned that book and will most likly continue to do so when given the oppertunity but it is not that I think they all should be burned I just really really despise that book and by destroying copies I hope to prevent at least someone from being exposed to the horror that is that book.
[right][snapback]642656[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Yes, well....let me tell you something. I had to read that horrible excuse for a book my Junior [b]AND[/b] Senior year of high school. I thought reading it Junior year was bad enough. But no....I get to Senior year and my teacher gives us the list of books we'll be reading throughout the year and that same book is on there. We told him we had already read the abomination but he said it would do us "good" to read it again. It would have also been "good" to put a bullet in my head except my faith prevents me from doing so.

Ash Wednesday
Posted
:taco: Oh what a niiiight... late December back in sixty-three..... :banana:
homeschoolmom
Posted

I think it just goes without saying and we can all agree that The Catcher in the Rye is just horrible. Having to read it twice? Oh, man...

NI! ni!

Ash Wednesday
Posted

[quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Jul 13 2005, 10:07 PM']NI! ni!
[right][snapback]642680[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

No! You're supposed to say "Sleep tight, ya morons!"

:topsy:

Don John of Austria
Posted

[quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Jul 13 2005, 10:07 PM']

NI! ni!
[right][snapback]642680[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I will not bring you a shrubbary!

homeschoolmom
Posted

well... then... I fluffy air extraction in your general direction...

Don John of Austria
Posted

[quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Jul 13 2005, 10:31 PM']well... then... I fluffy air extraction in your general direction...
[right][snapback]642719[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]


You are going to force me to use the Holy hand grenade of Antioch and it is much to early for that, I mean we havn't even come across the vorpal bunny yet.


Hand grenade ---- Catcher and the Rye, I could see a relationship here.

homeschoolmom
Posted

[quote name='Don John of Austria' date='Jul 13 2005, 10:38 PM']You are going to force me to use the Holy hand grenade of Antioch and it is much to early for that, I mean we havn't even come across the vorpal bunny yet.
Hand grenade ---- Catcher and the Rye, I could see a relationship here.
[right][snapback]642732[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]


:sweat:

homeschoolmom
Posted

Do you think it's a coincidence that Saliger became a recluse? Maybe even he was ashamed of his "great American novel"

Posted

If you didn't see any red flags into the first book, either for children or yourself, then heed the warning.

To dismiss the warning totally because, "we're big enough" would be folly.

Thy Geekdom Come
Posted

[quote name='jmjtina' date='Jul 13 2005, 11:59 PM']If you didn't see any red flags into the first book, either for children or yourself, then heed the warning.

To dismiss the warning totally because, "we're big enough" would be folly.
[right][snapback]642760[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I see no red flags other than those which may affect only those adults who are delusional.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...