An Old School Catholic Message Board

How do we know...

Brother Adam

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Brother Adam' date='Jul 7 2005, 11:07 AM']Yep, those were the poor, poor Waldenese hiding from the crazy early Christians
[right][snapback]634242[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Smoke and mirrors, Adam.

Why all the smoke and mirrors?

I sense this is building up to a point on smoke and mirrors.

Brother Adam

St. Colette,

The early Church survived like it did persecuting and killing off the real Christians..

They did spread the words of the Bible at all costs, and were murdered for it.

I could explain the appiritions and such as being from a guy who runs around parading as an angel of light.

Micah, no smoke and mirrors, just arguing for the sake of it. Keeping everyone fine tuned in apologetics.

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Brother Adam' date='Jul 7 2005, 11:18 AM']St. Colette,

The early Church survived like it did persecuting and killing off the real Christians..

They did spread the words of the Bible at all costs, and were murdered for it.

I could explain the appiritions and such as being from a guy who runs around parading as an angel of light.
Micah, no smoke and mirrors, just arguing for the sake of it. Keeping everyone fine tuned in apologetics.
[right][snapback]634263[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

But your position is a self-supporting fallacy...I can point out that it's not rational to give it any credence, since it bases itself off of what is not present on the evidence table, rather than what is present, and draws wild conclusions, but then you'll just say that all my evidence of the truth of Catholicism is really just proof of your argument, stolen by the Catholic Church to make itself look legit.

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Brother Adam' date='Jul 7 2005, 11:22 AM']Exactly! I'm right! :P
[right][snapback]634271[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

Exactly my point...can't logically disprove a self-supporting fallacy. It's a smoke and mirrors argument based off what we don't know instead of what we do know. The only thing I can do is show that mine is based off things we DO know.

homeschoolmom

[quote name='Brother Adam' date='Jul 7 2005, 10:04 AM']Remember all of those early paintings by Christians we found in caves? Where do you think those came from. Nana
[right][snapback]634237[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

My Nana is old, but she's not old enough to be resposible for those ancient paintings. Besides, my Nana never allowed us to write or draw on the walls...

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Brother Adam' date='Jul 7 2005, 11:31 AM']My kitten is eating the computer cords
[right][snapback]634287[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Maybe it's trying to smell of elderberries nutrients out to feed its strange alien dining habits. How do we know?

[quote name='Brother Adam' date='Jul 7 2005, 10:31 AM']My kitten is eating the computer cords
[right][snapback]634287[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

lol don't let it do that lol it'll get shocked lol and I'm not there to do CPR if it stops breathing

lol well, I asked him about their Canon of Scripture and they're missing 7 books lol the corrupted books as he called them.

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='StColette' date='Jul 7 2005, 11:36 AM']lol well, I asked him about their Canon of Scripture and they're missing 7 books lol the corrupted books as he called them.
[right][snapback]634298[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

Let's all just go read Trail of Blood...