An Old School Catholic Message Board

How do we know...

Brother Adam

Brother Adam

[quote name='qfnol31' date='Jul 7 2005, 11:34 AM']What does this other "Christian" group believe?
[right][snapback]634293[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

They are now the Church of the Non-Denominational Evangelicial Presby-Lutheran Methodists.

According to the Bible I am in Jesus' image (or God's image). Since Jesus is the Word, Logos, He is therefore the Intellect of God.

Well, if that's the case, that means I too can reason, and by my reason I find those religions absurd. :)

Brother Adam

and by my reasoning I find any other faith than the Church of the Non-Denominational Evangelicial Presby-Lutheran Methodists to be absurd

Brother Adam

My dear dear child, The swallow may fly south with the sun, or the house martin or the plover seek hot lands in winter, yet these are not strangers to our land?

franciscanheart

[quote name='StColette' date='Jul 7 2005, 10:30 AM']*bangs head on desk trying to think*
[right][snapback]634286[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
:rolling: ah.... sisters so alike

homeschoolmom

[quote name='Brother Adam' date='Jul 7 2005, 10:52 AM']My dear dear child, The swallow may fly south with the sun, or the house martin or the plover seek hot lands in winter, yet these are not strangers to our land?
[right][snapback]634347[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

So, your saying that an African swallow carried away seven books of Holy Scripture? :huh:

franciscanheart

[quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Jul 7 2005, 11:29 AM']So, your saying that an African swallow carried away seven books of Holy Scripture?  :huh:
[right][snapback]634422[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
:unsure:

*clings to whats left*

[quote name='Brother Adam' date='Jul 7 2005, 09:44 AM']Maybe there were men in the first century that grabbed the Bible and ran into the woods away from the Christian Church which immediately became curropt and turned into Catholicism? And they hid for 1600 years until the inspiring Luther and Calvin and Zwingli helped them out of the woods.
[right][snapback]634212[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Sounds like something LittleLes would claim. :rolleyes:

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='Socrates' date='Jul 7 2005, 01:14 PM']Sounds like something LittleLes would claim.  :rolleyes:
[right][snapback]634547[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Nah, Bro Adam's claim makes more sense.. :rolleyes:

Jake Huether

[quote name='Brother Adam' date='Jul 7 2005, 08:44 AM']Maybe there were men in the first century that grabbed the Bible and ran into the woods away from the Christian Church which immediately became curropt and turned into Catholicism? And they hid for 1600 years until the inspiring Luther and Calvin and Zwingli helped them out of the woods.
[/quote]

Well unless they were originally from the 4th century, grabbed the Bible then, and then time-warped back to the 1st century...

The Bible wasn't compiled until the end of the 4th century, and was never considered an authority unto itself - only because it had been written by those with authority by God.

It would be more believable if these first century dudes grabbed the Appostles and took them into the woods, and then left the desciples to attempt to develope their own doctrines based on what they heard...

infinitelord1

[quote name='Raphael' date='Jul 7 2005, 10:29 AM']:rolling:  :rolling:  :rolling:

Exactly my point...can't logically disprove a self-supporting fallacy.  It's a smoke and mirrors argument based off what we don't know instead of what we do know.  The only thing I can do is show that mine is based off things we DO know.
[right][snapback]634283[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I hope all the atheists on this site catch this

infinitelord1

[quote name='Brother Adam' date='Jul 7 2005, 09:44 AM']Maybe there were men in the first century that grabbed the Bible and ran into the woods away from the Christian Church which immediately became curropt and turned into Catholicism? And they hid for 1600 years until the inspiring Luther and Calvin and Zwingli helped them out of the woods.
[/quote]
We dont know anything........it all boils down to beliefs. Some choose to believe for a reason others choose to believe without reason.

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='infinitelord1' date='Jul 7 2005, 06:15 PM']I hope all the atheists on this site catch this
[right][snapback]634838[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Having once been, in all practicality, an atheist, I don't see why. First, we can know things. Second, Catholicism proves itself philosophically. It all fits.