Laudate_Dominum Posted July 17, 2005 Posted July 17, 2005 I tend to believe that it can be sinful to get totally smashed, but at this moment I've had two beers and I have plenty more in the fridge, and I kind of feel like getting drunk. What do you think about this? I haven't been drunk in years. And if I just get kind of drunk, not totally smashed, what's the big deal? Thanks for your insights. hehe
Aloysius Posted July 17, 2005 Posted July 17, 2005 I think it's alright on occasion. When that wedding ran out of wine, Jesus gave them more!
Dave Posted July 17, 2005 Posted July 17, 2005 Please tell me you guys are just kidding around! Getting tipsy may be a venial sin or not sinful at all, but as Laudate said, getting smashed is always a mortal sin -- if done intentionally, of course.
Theologian in Training Posted July 17, 2005 Posted July 17, 2005 Aquinas said something to the effect that your only drunk when your unable to reason, so just don't go beyond your ability to reason God Bless
Laudate_Dominum Posted July 17, 2005 Author Posted July 17, 2005 [quote]Please tell me you guys are just kidding around! Getting tipsy may be a venial sin or not sinful at all, but as Laudate said, getting smashed is always a mortal sin -- if done intentionally, of course. [right][snapback]645844[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I am playing around, but I'm also partially serious.
StColette Posted July 17, 2005 Posted July 17, 2005 [quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='Jul 16 2005, 08:09 PM']I am playing around, but I'm also partially serious. [right][snapback]645849[/snapback][/right] [/quote] lol Just the same becareful
Socrates Posted July 17, 2005 Posted July 17, 2005 [quote name='Theologian in Training' date='Jul 16 2005, 08:08 PM']Aquinas said something to the effect that your only drunk when your unable to reason, so just don't go beyond your ability to reason God Bless [right][snapback]645848[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Problem with this is that drunk people usually think they can still reason. Easy on the beers, man!!
Laudate_Dominum Posted July 17, 2005 Author Posted July 17, 2005 [quote name='Socrates' date='Jul 16 2005, 08:10 PM']Problem with this is that drunk people usually think they can still reason. Easy on the beers, man!! [right][snapback]645852[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Actually I do my best reasoning when I'm drunk. Thanks Theologian!! teehee. kidding (partially)
Theologian in Training Posted July 17, 2005 Posted July 17, 2005 [quote name='Socrates' date='Jul 16 2005, 10:10 PM']Problem with this is that drunk people usually think they can still reason. Easy on the beers, man!! [right][snapback]645852[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Exactly my point, and the reason this never made sense to me. God Bless
cmotherofpirl Posted July 17, 2005 Posted July 17, 2005 Don't drive and stay away from sharp objects. Don't get so drunk that you get totally stupid, just enough to be pleasantly happy. CHEERS!!
Laudate_Dominum Posted July 17, 2005 Author Posted July 17, 2005 Yeah.. I might have another beer later, but I don't think tonights the night for over doing it.
Laudate_Dominum Posted July 17, 2005 Author Posted July 17, 2005 [quote name='cmotherofpirl' date='Jul 16 2005, 08:13 PM']Don't drive and stay away from sharp objects. Don't get so drunk that you get totally stupid, just enough to be pleasantly happy. CHEERS!! [right][snapback]645857[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Cmom, you are cool. Always have been. We should have a beer some time. hehehe
Jaime Posted July 17, 2005 Posted July 17, 2005 my guess is if you have time to post online, you're drinking alone That may not be the best course of action, sinful or not.
Laudate_Dominum Posted July 17, 2005 Author Posted July 17, 2005 [quote name='hot stuff' date='Jul 16 2005, 08:15 PM']my guess is if you have time to post online, you're drinking alone That may not be the best course of action, sinful or not. [right][snapback]645860[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Yeah, people say that a lot and I never understood it. I drink alone all the time, I don't really think anything of it. I drink tea alone quite often as well as coffee. I just like certain drinks so I drink'em. Actually the only times I've ever been drunk in my life were while drinking with other people. Cheers.
cmotherofpirl Posted July 17, 2005 Posted July 17, 2005 I don't drink alone: I make sure I have company: :kittywalk: :juju_spinhead:
jmjtina Posted July 17, 2005 Posted July 17, 2005 awwww, me and flowery aren't a bad influence. Although we get waaaaaaay bloated from all those darn cokes.
StColette Posted July 17, 2005 Posted July 17, 2005 I only drink with my family if I do drink but shhhhh I'm underage lol
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now