cmotherofpirl Posted July 17, 2005 Posted July 17, 2005 [quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='Jul 16 2005, 09:14 PM']Cmom, you are cool. Always have been. We should have a beer some time. hehehe [right][snapback]645859[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Make it Baileys Irish Cream and its a deal
Thy Geekdom Come Posted July 17, 2005 Posted July 17, 2005 Sean, it's objectively grave matter to get drunk...you must strive for self-mastery and nothing short of it.
StColette Posted July 17, 2005 Posted July 17, 2005 "Oh Danny boy, the pipes, the pipes are calling From glen to glen, and down the mountain side The summer's gone, and all the flowers are dying 'tis you, 'tis you must go and I must bide." *continues singin*
Laudate_Dominum Posted July 17, 2005 Author Posted July 17, 2005 [quote name='cmotherofpirl' date='Jul 16 2005, 08:21 PM']I don't drink alone: I make sure I have company: :kittywalk: :juju_spinhead: [right][snapback]645866[/snapback][/right] [/quote] :rotfl:
cmotherofpirl Posted July 17, 2005 Posted July 17, 2005 (edited) [quote name='Raphael' date='Jul 16 2005, 09:25 PM']Sean, it's objectively grave matter to get drunk...you must strive for self-mastery and nothing short of it. [right][snapback]645872[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Why? Whats the difference between getting drunk and getting pleasantly happy.? Except stupidity? Edited July 17, 2005 by cmotherofpirl
StColette Posted July 17, 2005 Posted July 17, 2005 *puts lamp shade on her head and starts runnin around*
Thy Geekdom Come Posted July 17, 2005 Posted July 17, 2005 [quote name='StColette' date='Jul 16 2005, 09:30 PM']*puts lamp shade on her head and starts runnin around* [right][snapback]645882[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I guess it's my job to get her home safely...
Thy Geekdom Come Posted July 17, 2005 Posted July 17, 2005 [quote name='cmotherofpirl' date='Jul 16 2005, 09:27 PM']Why? Whats the difference between getting drunk and getting pleasantly happy.? Except stupidity? [right][snapback]645876[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Lacking self-mastery. Once we loose a grip on ourselves, we're up for grabs.
Laudate_Dominum Posted July 17, 2005 Author Posted July 17, 2005 [quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Jul 16 2005, 08:38 PM']I'll never understand Catholic culture... [right][snapback]645890[/snapback][/right] [/quote] what's your take on this hsm?
homeschoolmom Posted July 17, 2005 Posted July 17, 2005 Well, drinking with the intent to get drunk is something that I've never understood. Drinking socially or to relax is something that I'm okay with, though.
cmotherofpirl Posted July 17, 2005 Posted July 17, 2005 If you drink to get drunk [falling down stupid] and pass out it is wrong. If you drink to be pleasantly happy its ok.
Laudate_Dominum Posted July 17, 2005 Author Posted July 17, 2005 [quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Jul 16 2005, 08:46 PM']Well, drinking with the intent to get drunk is something that I've never understood. Drinking socially or to relax is something that I'm okay with, though. [right][snapback]645895[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Don't worry. I don't understand it either. But I experience it on occassion. Maybe it's just self-destructive tendencies, or maybe it's hereditary, who knows.
morostheos Posted July 17, 2005 Posted July 17, 2005 This brings to mind one of my favorite Bible verses..... Sirach 31:25-31 "Do not play the valiant at your wine, for wine has been the undoing of many. The furnace proves the temper of steel, and wine proves hearts in the drinking bouts of braggarts. Wine gives life if drunk in moderation. What is life worth without wine? It came into being to make people happy. Drunk at the right time and in the right amount, wine makes for a glad heart and a cheerful mind. Bitterness of soul comes of wine drunk to excess out of temper or bravado. Drunkenness excites the stupid to a fury to his own harm, it reduces his strength while leading to blows. Do not provoke your fellow-guest at a wine feast, do not make fun of him when he is enjoying himself. do not take him to task or annoy him by reclaiming money owed." Gotta love our Catholic scriptures!!
Laudate_Dominum Posted July 17, 2005 Author Posted July 17, 2005 [quote name='cmotherofpirl' date='Jul 16 2005, 08:52 PM']If you drink to get drunk [falling down stupid] and pass out it is wrong. If you drink to be pleasantly happy its ok. [right][snapback]645900[/snapback][/right] [/quote] That's what I'm talking about then. I would hate to be falling down and throwing up, but the light-heartedness of having 'one too many' appeals to me sometimes.
homeschoolmom Posted July 17, 2005 Posted July 17, 2005 [quote name='cmotherofpirl' date='Jul 16 2005, 08:52 PM']If you drink to get drunk [falling down stupid] and pass out it is wrong. If you drink to be pleasantly happy its ok. [right][snapback]645900[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Yeah, that's what I mean. I just tend to shy away from getting close to one too many, since I have bad memories of my dad drinking...
StColette Posted July 17, 2005 Posted July 17, 2005 [quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='Jul 16 2005, 08:54 PM']That's what I'm talking about then. I would hate to be falling down and throwing up, [right][snapback]645903[/snapback][/right] [/quote] ewwie that's not fun
cmotherofpirl Posted July 17, 2005 Posted July 17, 2005 (edited) I have never fallen down or thrown up or had a hangover, but I have been definitely drunk on rare occasion. I consider lack of consequences a bad thing so I try to avoid it when possible. Edited July 17, 2005 by cmotherofpirl
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now