homeschoolmom Posted July 17, 2005 Posted July 17, 2005 [quote name='Old_Joe' date='Jul 16 2005, 10:03 PM']What kind of frosting? [right][snapback]646010[/snapback][/right] [/quote] newt.
Old_Joe Posted July 17, 2005 Posted July 17, 2005 [quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Jul 16 2005, 10:04 PM']newt. [right][snapback]646012[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Hmmm....protein.
Old_Joe Posted July 17, 2005 Posted July 17, 2005 (edited) [quote name='StColette' date='Jul 16 2005, 10:08 PM']no frosting lol [right][snapback]646016[/snapback][/right] [/quote] ohhhh...not even chocolate? Edited July 17, 2005 by Old_Joe
Laudate_Dominum Posted July 17, 2005 Author Posted July 17, 2005 forget cake, whiskey is more in the spirit of this thread! :-)
Old_Joe Posted July 17, 2005 Posted July 17, 2005 [quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='Jul 16 2005, 10:15 PM']forget cake, whiskey is more in the spirit of this thread! :-) [right][snapback]646027[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I believe you mean spirits.
Jaime Posted July 17, 2005 Posted July 17, 2005 [quote name='StColette' date='Jul 16 2005, 10:18 PM']ROFL hsmom [right][snapback]646031[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Yes she is but she's hoggin the tequila
Laudate_Dominum Posted July 17, 2005 Author Posted July 17, 2005 goodnight phatmass!! I'm going to a friends house. ttyl btw, it's all about whiskey (although tequilla sounds phat right now too)
photosynthesis Posted July 17, 2005 Posted July 17, 2005 [quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Jul 16 2005, 10:46 PM']Well, drinking with the intent to get drunk is something that I've never understood. Drinking socially or to relax is something that I'm okay with, though. [right][snapback]645895[/snapback][/right] [/quote] that's weird. were you ever 18? i was all idealist last year and thought i'd live in the freshman dorms and try to evangelize. I got into a lot of spiritual conversations with drunk people at (DISGUSTING) freshman parties. Most of the conversation would revolve around how to get as wasted as possible, and i'd always be the "token Catholic" (well, I'm always a token Catholic everywhere i go). once people found out i was Catholic they would instantly start asking me questions like "so... that means you don't believe in birth control?" or "so you don't like gay people?" one of the freshmen that I lived with is enfolling in RCIA. but....in terms of the drinking, Laudate, are you alone? It's generally considered pathological to drink a lot by yourself. At the same time, you're less likely to do something stupid, although that's not always true. I'd also be worried if you are trying to drink your problems away, i.e. trying to get rid of depression or anxiety. If that's why you want to drink a lot, what you really need to do is pray and give your problems to God.
cmotherofpirl Posted July 17, 2005 Posted July 17, 2005 It can also mean there is simply no one else around to have a drink with . Groups can be overrated. Why do we need other people to enjoy ourselves?
homeschoolmom Posted July 17, 2005 Posted July 17, 2005 [quote name='photosynthesis' date='Jul 16 2005, 10:37 PM']that's weird. were you ever 18?[/quote] Let's see... yep. But I was never into drinking. I never drank in college. We drank milk at our wedding. In fact, we never even had alcohol in the house until a few years ago.
photosynthesis Posted July 17, 2005 Posted July 17, 2005 I'm in college and until I turned 21 I only drank when I was with my mom or dad. but you can be as straight edge as they come and still know people who drink to get drunk.
WillT Posted July 17, 2005 Posted July 17, 2005 A few non-Irish drinking songs appropriate to the thread. Both oddly enough are by George Thorogood and The Destroyers. [quote][b]I Drink Alone[/b] I drink alone, yeah, with nobody else I drink alone, yeah, with nobody else You know when I drink alone, I prefer to be by myself Every morning just before breakfast, I don't want no coffee or tea Just me and good buddy Wiser, that's all I ever need 'Cause I drink alone, yeah, with nobody else Yeah, you know when I drink alone, I prefer to be by myself The other night I laid sleeping, and I woke from a terrible dream So I called up my pal Jack Daniel's, and his partner Jimmy Beam And we drank alone, yeah, with nobody else Yeah, you know when I drink alone, I prefer to be by myself The other day I got invited to a party, but I stayed home instead Just me and my pal Johnny Walker, and his brothers Black and Red And we drank alone, yeah, with nobody else Yeah, you know when I drink alone, I prefer to be by myself My whole family done give up on me, and it makes me feel oh so bad The only one who will hang out with me, is my dear old granddad And we drink alone, yeah, with nobody else Yeah, you know when I drink alone, I prefer to be by myself[/quote] [quote][b]One Bourbon, One Scotch, and One Beer.[/b] Wanna tell you a story About the house-man blues I come home one Friday Had to tell the landlady I'da lost my job She said that don't confront me Long as I get my money next Friday Now next Friday come I didn't get the rent And out the door I went So I goes to the landlady I said you let me slide? I'll have the rent for you in a month Next I don't know So said let me slide it on you know people I notice when I come home in the evening She ain't got nothing nice to say to me But for five year she was so nice Loh' she was lovy-dovy I come home one particular evening The landlady said you got the rent money yet? I said no, can't find no job Therefore I ain't got no money to pay the rent She said I don't believe you're tryin' to find no job Said I seen you today you was standin' on a corner Leaning up against a post I said but I'm tired, I've been walkin' all day She said that don't confront me Long as I get my money next Friday Now next Friday come I didn't have the rent And out the door I went So I go down the streets Down to my good friend's house I said look man I'm outdoors you know Can I stay with you maybe a couple days? He said let me go and ask my wife He come out of the house I could see it in his face I know that was no He said I don't know man ah she kinda funny, you know I said I know, everybody funny, now you funny too So I go back home I tell the landlady I got a job, I'm gonna pay the rent She said yeah? I said oh yeah And then she was so nice Loh' she was lovy-dovy So I go in my room, pack up my things and I go I slip on out the back door and down the streets I go She a-howlin' about the front rent, she'll be lucky to get any back rent She ain't gonna get none of it So I stop in the local bar you know people I go to the bar, I ring my coat, I call the bartender Said look man, come down here, he got down there So what you want? One bourbon, one scotch, one beer Well I ain't seen my baby since I don't know when I've been drinking bourbon, whiskey, scotch and gin Gonna get high man I'm gonna get loose Need me a triple shot of that juice Gonna get drunk don't you have no fear I want one bourbon, one scotch and one beer One bourbon, one scotch, one beer But I'm sitting now at the bar I'm getting drunk, I'm feelin' mellow I'm drinkin' bourbon, I'm drinkin' scotch, I'm drinkin' beer Looked down the bar, here come the bartender I said look man, come down here So what you want? One bourbon, one scotch, one beer No I ain't seen my baby since the night before last Gotta get a drink man I'm gonna get gassed Gonna get high man I ain't had enough Need me a triple shot of that stuff Gonna get drunk won't you listen right here I want one bourbon, one shot and one beer One bourbon, one scotch, one beer Now by this time I'm plenty high You know when your mouth a-getting dry you're plenty high Looked down the bar I say to my bartender I said look man, come down here, he got down there So what you want this time? I said look man, a-what time is it? He said the clock on the wall say three o'clock Last call for alcohol, so what you need? One bourbon, one scotch, one beer No I ain't seen my baby since a nigh' and a week Gotta get drunk man till I can't even speak Gonna get high man listen to me One drink ain't enough Jack you better make it three I wanna get drunk I'm gonna make it real clear I want one bourbon, one scotch and one beer One bourbon, one scotch, one beer[/quote]
ReinnieR Posted July 17, 2005 Posted July 17, 2005 [quote name='cmotherofpirl' date='Jul 16 2005, 10:45 PM']It can also mean there is simply no one else around to have a drink with . Groups can be overrated. Why do we need other people to enjoy ourselves? [right][snapback]646074[/snapback][/right] [/quote] that is true lately when i drink i drink by myself
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now